Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince At Coachella rumours....

Banned

Default Prince At Coachella rumours....

Some of my buddies in the biz are hearing rumblings and coachella came up. so i called my friend and basically he says that Prince is about to start a world tour sometime in may. he has has contract obligations in Vegas but it runs out at the end of march. Prince is already lining up dates and his mgmt team would like him to start off with something huge like "Coachella" granted i dont think prince will do this simply cuz he did the super bowl halftime and he can sell ut a tour on his own and also i believe that coachella is selling so well they dont need to add him unless prince wants to do it just for fun and prince's ego alone will not let him do this so i say its a fr out stretched rumour next to impossible. but there is always hope. especially since a tour is in the works. alot of this info is on the net but when i hear it from my buddies and they get it from insdiers, i take it a little more seriously. they were the ones who told me about rage in early jan. we shall see. realistically its a longshot at best...

Default Re: Prince At Coachella rumours....

Prince would be extremely awesome to see added. All the performances Ive caught of his on TV have been amazing!

Nice rumor, though.

Prince tends to play weird places before heading out on his big tours, sort of as a tune-up.

I've seen him play the 1,000 max. cap. Fillmore in SF twice in the past few years, right before a tour. So, I don't think a 50 minute gig inside the Sahara tent on Friday night would be that far out.

Prince > Madonna Put Prince as the big add on Saturday night so nobody watches the Chili Peppers....

vinylmartyr

And who does the Prince tour? AEG I believe and what does AEG own? Goldenvoice.

Put Prince as the big add on Saturday night so nobody watches the Chili Peppers....
    Nah, then everybody would be piled up in the tent all day waiting for him.

Put him in the Friday slot, concurrent with Bjork, but after The JAMC

No way you cannot have him go up against Bjork, that would tear the crowd in half.(well at least me) Also you add him to friday and then it sells out in like a day since there are really no tickets left. Add Morrissey on Friday(as hopefully predicted) add Prince Saturday night in the Sahara but not this 30 min set b.s. Give him a solid hour and thats good enough for me. But put him against The Chili Peppers and I will gladly leave after Arcade Fire to get a spot.

If Prince was on the line up, don't you think he'd headline?

prince in the tent on saturday?
    lollipops and crisps

Banned

Prince is GOD.

E

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    If Prince was on the line up, don't you think he'd headline?

Wasnt Madonna technically "headliner" material? (just on paper) And she got put in the tent. She was also main stage for sure but yeah once again Sahara tent. Put him in the tent I say... You wanna dance dont you?

they made the tent bigger for madonna.

Um, I don't think selling tickets is an issue anymore.....it kinda sold out and stuff.

Still though Gina, it would be the way to make it "sell out" technically...

See? Look.....

Last edited by suprefan; 02-27-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Oh man don't mess with my head like that.

if they want to sell the whole thing out why would they add him to saturday? Friday will probably get a big name add. Underworld on saturday will probably happen.
    lollipops and crisps

Thats what Morrissey is for. Prince gets added to Saturday as the Sahara tent act since Tiesto closes out the main.

Haha, oh come on....aren't saturday and sunday passes sold out....as well as 3 day passes and camping passes?? So you can go to Coachella for Friday and maybe Saturday (if they're still available)....what would be the point?

Who knows, some people are just going for like Friday, or just Saturday or just Sunday. The power of choice makes people weird sometimes. Those people do not see the whole picture and will hear about the other days and think to themselves why they didnt go to the other days and though one day was enough. Bring on the Purple one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Oh man don't mess with my head like that.

I couldve spent some time in photoshop and made it look real. Then I wouldve made the front page of nme.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    well... they also do celine dion's a new day ... and the king tut exhibit... but i doubt we'll be seeing any egyptian artifacts or celine at coachella... that being said! i'd be soooo soo excited to see prince (as has been suggested as an addition in the past)!
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

We should totally have a section on this board for rumors!

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    im sorry but what is AEG? also i saw prince on the musicology tour...he was cru jones rad...

id be really happy for prince on any of the days

Quote Originally Posted by bonerfromgrowingpains View Post
    im sorry but what is AEG? also i saw prince on the musicology tour...he was cru jones rad...

AEG Entertainment. Big company that does concerts, sporting events etc etc etc.

That'd be amazing. Even if Prince doesnt do Coachella, I will try and catch him on his tour. I love his music and still have yet to see him.

ay,

i said it once and i'll say it again. I'd pee my pantalones if Prince shows up. I think it is highly likely, as someone said, because seeing as how goldenvoice did do that thing with madonna last year... put her in the tent. its waaaaaay possible they'll do that again this year. AND GOOD LORDY LORDY I hope they do. (PLEAAAASE!) plus, he's got a new album out, he'd be awesome any night, and he's great dancy dancy music, you HAVE to end the night with good dancy dancy. it's a FESTIVAL. he can do whatever he wants.. be outlandish, eccentric or whatever.
    uf.. i could go on forever.

And I have a feeling that splitting the crowd is what they're going for.
    c'mon. I'm going into production and learning all about it. Though the outcome looks all nice and generous, it's all about the money! the more you fit, the more money there is involved.

by the way.. i'm still looking for a saturday and sunday ticket. if this happens before i get a ticket then it'll be next to freaking impossible. damn comas.

that would be fucking awesome
    Posted up like Andre Agassi on the tennis court

AEG owns Goldenvoice, staples center, home depot center, the la kings and much more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschut...tainment_Group

I could see them having the pull to get Prince but really I've heard no concrete rumors about Prince.

All we know is that he is playing every week in Vegas at the Rio until he starts his world tour and he made a surprise appearance atthe Vegoose at night shows with Maceo Parker (Vegoose is the same promoters as Bonnaroo).

That's all I know...

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Wasnt Madonna technically "headliner" material? (just on paper) And she got put in the tent. She was also main stage for sure but yeah once again Sahara tent. Put him in the tent I say... You wanna dance dont you?
    True, true. And I would love to dance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RATMan View Post
    Nice rumor, though.

Prince tends to play weird places before heading out on his big tours, sort of as a tune-up.

I've seen him play the 1,000 max. cap. Fillmore in SF twice in the past few years, right before a tour. So, I don't think a 50 minute gig inside the Sahara tent on Friday night would be that far out.

i was actually at one of the shows. valentines day weekend he did 2 shows for the fan club at the fillmore in sf. fucking amazing shows. start at like 1am ended around 3 in the morning. so much fun with prince jamming and rocking like he can. yeha its not that far out since others who are rumoured are pretty much either not doing anything period or are booked for other gigs or just cant cram it into their schedule. i hate saying this since i am a huge prince guy, but i tihnk prince would do something like lollapalooza instead of coachella. he doesnt like to be a follower and hecould take madonna perfomring last year as him trying to coatttail coachella cuz she did it. trust me i have followed prince's career since i was 9(27 yrs now) so ive heard it all. but there is a outside shot. and prince loves to perform period. he doesnt have to do it for money and he has done a ton of club shows just to do it so im gonna monitor it. regardless if you are a prince fan he is going to tour this year! -