Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WET volunteers

Default WET volunteers

Did anyone receive any information at all?

Seems kinda late doesn't it.
    Coachella '10

Default Re: WET volunteers

Seriously. I'm getting pretty nervous now...
    FFFIIIIINNAAALLLLLYYYYYY

Nothing, except I asked if I could work Stagecoach for my Coachella ticket, and they said it was too late, they had already created the schedule. seems logical that after you create the schedule you'd SEND IT OUT...esp now that it's sold out through ticketmaster. I'm starting to get a little nervous.

oh god, im glad that im not the only one. ive been emailing them and calling them so much..they make me feel unsure and like i have to. also, has anyone had a problem with the edit application? mine doesnt work at all..it says incorrect username and password combination. i hope that everything goes ok..i mean, they did take my deposit. did anybody do w.e.t. last year..did they take this long?

If you have any questions for WET emailing wet@workexchangeteam.com is the best way to contact them. Also you can call their office at 404-567-4452.
    https://www.workexchangeteam.com/home.php
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Thanks P.F. I guess I never gave a second thought to giving out my credit card info and all of my personal info, but now that they've charged my card $400 I'm kind of thinking that may have not been the best idea. I never thought I'd see set times before I knew when I was supposed to be there. Oh well, too late to cancel now....

yeah this is my first time volunteering and i'm very excited. but YEAH, they have taken a long time in letting all of us know. i re-read my emails from them and they said we should know about a week in advance our schedule, directions to get to check-in and a waiver we needed to sign and return via email.

since i'm renting a car i emailed them last night and they responded with the time i'm supposed to come in. i'd offered to come in and work wednesday, thursday and friday...so i'm showing up for wednesday afternoon.

i'm hoping all goes as planned because they really have waited quite long for all of us making plans, etc...

i smell scam

I just got my info today.
    (Though they gave me a check in time 24 hours before I told them I could be there.)
    I'm excited to do this, but I wouldn't recommend
    it for anyone not local or with a set schedule.
    I don't think it's a scam, though...just a busy office in the final days before amazingtown.

and if you can't be there 24 hours before you're available? Then they take your cash. :/ Not cool.

I am completely nervous.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Bieber on an illegal dose of sedatives for 2011.
    "It's only polite for somebody to levantarse BEFORE the manajatwa."
    -GEMMA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minogueCOMMAk View Post
    I am completely nervous.
    i hope your completely paralyzed before you walk into the campgrounds

Thanks Jose. I'm going to enjoy being at the festoval
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Bieber on an illegal dose of sedatives for 2011.
    "It's only polite for somebody to levantarse BEFORE the manajatwa."
    -GEMMA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minogueCOMMAk View Post
    Thanks Jose. I'm going to enjoy being at the festoval
    ,me too im working stagecoach.
    bitch

Deposits are now closed for Coachella, and we hope to work with you next year! You have the option of working Stagecoach the following weekend after Coachella in exchange for a free Coachella ticket. Go to the application link "Working Stagecoach for Coachella" and complete the the form. Don't forget to enter your deposit!

Thanks,
    Becky

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:03 PM, jose miranda <helomynameisjose@aol.com> wrote:

Name: jose miranda

Email: helomynameisjose@aol.com

Subject: i called you guys on thursday and you said

Message: that you would fix the error on your website and email
    me..and now its monday and its not fixed and you didnt email me
    either. is something wrong? or what is going on?

i feel as though im being ignored and the festival is just 4 days
    away...is this something that i should be worried about? because if
    filling out my application doesnt matter then i dont care..but i dont
    want to get to coachella and find that you dont have me in your files
    and that i dont have a ticket..esp. now that my deposit isnt
    refundable anymore. im very worried and dont understand whats going
    on...

http://fs7.formsite.com/fs7_app/Form...2dae19b038910b

IP: 99.22.200.86
    HOST: 99.22.200.86

--
    Thanks,

Kylie

Work Exchange Team (WET)

www.workexchangeteam.com
    www.shimonpresents.com
    404-567-4452 ext 102

Representing in 2010 - Coachella Music Festival, Stagecoach Music Festival, The Hangout Music Festival, Wakarusa Music Festival, Bonnaroo Music and Art Festival, Nateva Music and Camping Festival, All Good Music Festival.

Shimon Presents, Inc. | 471 Glen Iris Dr NE | Atlanta, GA 30308

thats the reply email i got today at 2..wtf.

Here's the response I got when asking what my schedule was. I said I needed to know so I could plan my travel arrangements. Here's WET's response:

"We will be sending schedules out before the festival. Base your travel arrangements around the availability you gave us. Call the WET hot line number, if you need directions to the WET Check-in tent when you get on-site. (404) 987-0862"

Thanks,
    Becky

I called the hotline today and it just says they're in coachella, and the best way to reach them is by email. So WTF?!? I'm now thinking I just got fucked over.

So Coachella tix are available if you work Stagecoach. That's a real value, for all you people complaining of no tickets!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Jesus, everyone needs to calllm down. If you're freaking out about what time you need to be at Coachella for your first shift, they're not going to schedule you in a time slot that you said you weren't available for. So if you said you could start work thursday, be there thursday...

Banned

im working stagecoach and i thank god that there is even a stagecoach right now seriously.

did you guys get the email about the mandatory orientation?

this thing..

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe691...0c7f751772&r=0

does that link work? anyways the mandatory orientation is thursday at 11 am, how is that possible? why do they try to make everything more annoying for people working wet...alot of people cant get there that early and with a 2 day notice? not to mention that they gave us times to show up later than that and the option to go that early was just that, an option. i have to say that my experience with wet has been pretty bad...next year im just gonna try and save the money. it makes me feel even worse that the deposit is on my good friends credit card. sighhhhhhh

maybe im just confused. i hope so.

Lurker

I talked with the WET team thru Gchat just now, at 12am cali time, and they weren't finished so they are still working throughout the night until they are done

Quote Originally Posted by wishingiwasa View Post
    did you guys get the email about the mandatory orientation?

this thing..

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe691...0c7f751772&r=0

does that link work? anyways the mandatory orientation is thursday at 11 am, how is that possible? why do they try to make everything more annoying for people working wet...alot of people cant get there that early and with a 2 day notice? not to mention that they gave us times to show up later than that and the option to go that early was just that, an option. i have to say that my experience with wet has been pretty bad...next year im just gonna try and save the money. it makes me feel even worse that the deposit is on my good friends credit card. sighhhhhhh

maybe im just confused. i hope so.
    I'm assuming that the 11 am Thursday orientation is for people who are working the Toll Booths for those shifts. I don't think they would make a mandatory orientation on a day that not everyone is available. If they do, then it's definitely a scam.

I received what was supposed to be my schedule today, and now I'm even more confused. I refuse to work for them this weekend if they can't give me something in advance.

This is literally all it said: "This is the actual time of your shift. *You need to be onsite and checked in - this can take over 2 hours. *Please plan ahead to be ready to work.
    Arrive no later than Friday"

Lurker

hey guys, I just got accepted to work stagecoach for coachella tickets. For all you other guys doing that, do they send you your coachella tickets or do we check in at the WET table @ coachella even tho we are working stagecoach...? Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

if you're working stagecoach for coachella, you'll pick up your ticket/credentials offsite in indio before heading to the festival grounds. you should have received (or should be receiving very soon) an email with more info. i just rec'd mine late last night.

offsite check-in:

also, from the email:

"We're looking forward to seeing you all in Indio soon! We have received your deposit and have you down to work Stagecoach in exchange for your Coachella ticket. We are currently finalizing the Coachella schedules and will be emailing you your Stagecoach schedule later this week. If you would like, you can stop by the WET tent at Coachella to inquire about your Stagecoach schedule. In the meantime, here are a few reminders and some very important information is below, so be sure to read the entire email!"
    1999, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mondolind View Post
    if you're working stagecoach for coachella, you'll pick up your ticket/credentials offsite in indio before heading to the festival grounds. you should have received (or should be receiving very soon) an email with more info. i just rec'd mine late last night.

offsite check-in:

also, from the email:

"We're looking forward to seeing you all in Indio soon! We have received your deposit and have you down to work Stagecoach in exchange for your Coachella ticket. We are currently finalizing the Coachella schedules and will be emailing you your Stagecoach schedule later this week. If you would like, you can stop by the WET tent at Coachella to inquire about your Stagecoach schedule. In the meantime, here are a few reminders and some very important information is below, so be sure to read the entire email!"
    thanks man your a lifesaver. one last question my deposit got made via my friends CC do i bring it along? or is already charged and i just gotta show my id ?

my friend and i just signed up for this. i want this email asap!
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

everything is fixed (i hope) i work friday at 9 am. just so i make sure..first you stop off at the best western parking lot to get your credentials then you can go on-site then you go to the w.e.t. tent to get your shirt and schedule, is that about right?

see you guys there. sighhh

Did they tell you specifically 9am Friday? Mine just said "Arrive no later than Friday". So I'm still in the dark. At this point I'm sick of stressing, just gonna show up and see what happens. Bastards.

From what I can tell most of the confusion is coming from having to get a ticket, then hunt down your bracelet (its at the far end of the vehicle camping search) GV should of given bracelets to WET organizers for it's volunteers instead of adding to their already busy work schedule.

I hope it's all sorted out by the time stagecoach rolls around, at least I'm familiar with the set up and know where to go when the time comes.
    Last edited by elChurro; 04-16-2010 at 06:50 AM.