Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stay postive - what's the worst Coachella set you have witnessed?

Default Re: Stay postive - what's the worst Coachella set you have witnessed?

Quote Originally Posted by davrone View Post
    M.I.A. in '08 and '09. Two years straight of bleeding ears.
    MIA MIA!

*insert reggaeton horn*

BER BER BERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I still don't understand the title of this thread. Do you not know what words mean?
    lol'd

I've had the fortune of not seeing an honestly BAD performance so far. I only went to Friday on 09 and '10. I'd say the most disappointing was Camera Obscura and Gorillaz.

I've only seen one bad performance in two full years - Charlotte Gainsbourg '10.

Don't ask me why I chose to see her. Thankfully I left and caught the second half of Jonsi's performance, which was incredible.

Unhappy Re: Stay postive - what's the worst Coachella set you have witnessed?

Whoever said Jesus and Mary Chain was anything but amazing just ruined the credibility of this thread.

There was not one flaw to the performance, Great sound, the band was incredibly tight, the crowd got it. Yeah your right, that was really "boring" when Scarlett Johansson came up on stage and sung "Just Like Honey" with Jim Reid

Really hated Bright Eyes in 2005. Very boring and I missed The Prodigy & Black Star for him. Ugh.

Agree with Antony in 09 and La Roux last year. I was looking forward to both and left disappointed.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i missed black star for prodigy i believe. and nin if it overlapped with nin. one of the conflicts i'm still angry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I'm gonna have to say Steve Aoki. Although... I have never laughed harder at a Coachella set. Mr. Aoki attempting to crowd surf with an inflatable and then quickly the crowd dissipated around the area he tried to do it in was one of the most memorable experiences as a concert/festival to date.

The Worst Acts I've experienced, one for every year I've attended*:

Dan the Automator in '02 - Don't know what I was expecting, but he basically just played a cd player, or maybe it was a record player...not even a mix or a dj set.

N.E.R.D. in '03 - Showed up way late, played 4 songs, shitty back up band.

I can't recollect anything really bad in 2004.

The Bravery in '05 - Walked by to take a listen, sounded horrible, the singer was so bad.

Audio Bully's in '06 - Waiting for Daft Punk...was not in the mood for this, and I even liked a few songs of theirs back then.

Happy Mondays in '07 - just a depressing mess, had to leave after ten minutes.

MIA in '08 - Her appearance in '05 was fun, but this was just supremely annoying.

Etienne de Crecy in '09 - The cube was the only highlight and that got old after ten minutes.

Sly Stone in '10 - Didn't experience this first hand, but the youtube videos paint a dismal horrifying show.

mgmt was b r u t a l to watch

I've only been to '10, but Gorillaz was so disappointing. Not bad necessarily, just lackluster...Especially for the headliner of the entire weekend.

MIA was the worst. Mondays were the biggest disappointment though. MGMT were not worth staying around for.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

the bravery was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

thestripe

Justice 2008 & TV on the Radio 2009 were bad. Morrissey was pretty bad in 2009 as well.

M.I.A. Main Stage 2009
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Quote Originally Posted by ponyup View Post
    I've only been to '10, but Gorillaz was so disappointing. Not bad necessarily, just lackluster...Especially for the headliner of the entire weekend.
    This, word for word.

God damned, mthafkn volcanoes!

M.I.A. is total garbage live. Not sure how she keeps getting billed so high at so many festivals

Quote Originally Posted by gimmenow View Post
    M.I.A. is total garbage live. Not sure how she keeps getting billed so high at so many festivals
    Absolutely. I've tried to make it through 3 of her shows (Lolla 07, Coach 09, ACL 10) with an open mind and find myself sprinting in the opposite direction every time. Shame on me.

This...

__________________________________________________ _________________________
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12.1, '12.1, '13.1

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    This year's theme is: prostate milking. Please dress accordingly.

MIA in 08 and 09
    Sly Stone
    Perry Farrell's lounge act in 08 was pretty miserable

There's a lot of bands that were just kind of disappointing or bland or whatever, but those are the ones that jump out to me as embarrassingly bad.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by username44 View Post
    Whoever said Jesus and Mary Chain was anything but amazing just ruined the credibility of this thread.

There was not one flaw to the performance, Great sound, the band was incredibly tight, the crowd got it. Yeah your right, that was really "boring" when Scarlett Johansson came up on stage and sung "Just Like Honey" with Jim Reid
    Total agreement!!! Did people expect a light show, dancing rabbits, pyro techniques et al... wrong band.

Wonderful set list - saw them 4 times here and in the us on that re-union and each set was different but amazing in it's own way
    Ale, Ale, AleAleAle,
    Allesandro....Del Piero,
    He's Sydney's number 10

Where the sky's blue SYDNEY!

Quote Originally Posted by SUSHIXXXXX View Post
    Fatboy Slim (09) - Played nothing recognizable
    What...? You were at a different show that year because he killed it!
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

Steve Porter Vs Perry Farrel. First year at Coachella, didn't know what to expect. Totally lame.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    MGMT, most boring band live, crowd was lame too
    MGMT was so disappointing, and the vibe was so bad, that I threw up. They were a favorite of mine up until that performance and afterwards I couldn't listen to them for months.

La Roux was horrible as well...I'm surprised no one has mentioned that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

Maybe it's time you start learning your limit with alcohol...

Bright Eyes in 05 did the whole digital ash in digital urn album. Very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadeleine View Post
    lolwut?
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

MIA has been thrown around a lot for 09 and I agree. Dustin is right, "BER BER BERRRRRR" about sums it up. Crystal Castles was also a huge disappointment.

Last year, Echo and the Bunnymen were awful awful awful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadeleine View Post
    MGMT was so disappointing, and the vibe was so bad, that I threw up. They were a favorite of mine up until that performance and afterwards I couldn't listen to them for months.

I don't understand how people say this was a bad set... I used to dislike the band alot, till I was on acid tripping my balls off...and I stumbled upon their set during electric feel and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    Justice 2008 & TV on the Radio 2009 were bad. Morrissey was pretty bad in 2009 as well.
    How can you say TVoTR in '09 was bad? I thought it was a great show. Same with Justice '08...?

Morrissey, gotta say, was just plain awful.
    Fri: Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Explosions In the Sky, M83, Amon Tobin, the Rapture, GIRLS, Frank Ocean, Yuck, Neon Indian, Breakbot, WU LYF, Other Lives, EMA
    Sat: Radiohead, Bon Iver, Andrew Bird, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, SBTRKT, Sub Focus, Flying Lotus, Destroyer, the Head & the Heart, tUnE-yArDs, Gary Clark Jr., Dragonette
    Sun: Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg, At the Drive-In, Justice, Beirut, the Weeknd, DJ Shadow, Santigold, Gotye, Real Estate, Le Butcherettes, Metronomy