Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stay postive - what's the worst Coachella set you have witnessed?

Default Re: Stay postive - what's the worst Coachella set you have witnessed?

MGMT

Does Sean Penn's drunk slurred speech right before My Morning Jacket count? It sounded at first like he was promoting a good cause, but he made absolutely no sense.

Oh yeah, and TOTALLY agreed about M.I.A. in the Sahara (last year on main stage was a significant improvement IMO, and I actually stayed for the whole thing). Crystal Castles was also one of the few sets I've ever left out of sheer annoyance (vs. wanting to check out/see something else ... videos from their other performances seemed way better than what I witnessed at Coachella)
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

Lurker

crystal castles and Morrrissey ftw

Why would anyone see a shitty act when there's so much to choose from? The Coldplays etc of coachella are easily avoidable.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

You're easily avoidable.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Some rappers a couple of years ago. 2 old great grandpa's rapping about hemorrhoids would have been better. They were so bad that half the tent was gone before their first song was over. If you want to call it that. At least that what it seemed like.
    I'm sure Jay-Z will put on a much better show. I may even catch some of it if he doesn't conflict with someone else I want to see!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    Crystal Castles

/end thread
    Srsly...Too bad Reckless is a good song that they butchered the fuck out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    You're easily avoidable.
    so what's stopping you
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I should have said I wish because you're right you are pretty unavoidable on this board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rVHQsTY6EY

I think Crystal Castles improved their live show, skip to 3 minutes into the video the music doesnt start until then.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    I should have said I wish because you're right you are pretty unavoidable on this board.
    So nice to have you back.

Quote Originally Posted by SatisfiedMind View Post
    God I love this time of year...i come and make my annual appearance...and in less than 45 seconds have been insulted...that sort of power is intoxicating...coachella fo life!
    What is "positive" about discussing the worst of something.

I don't have a problem with the topic, but the title makes me want to throttle you.

crystal castles ack! that was so bad

I posted this in another thread but:

Audio Bullys.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    Srsly...Too bad Reckless is a good song that they butchered the fuck out of.

I want to have rough angry sex with Alice Glass, and slap her up a little for pissing off her fans so much.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Spiritualized and BRMC

I wouldn't call it the "worst" but I was disappointed with Antony last year. He flew back in the middle of a very successful European tour and had sound problems. An amazing performer who had a bad day.

what exactly was the "madonna fiasco"? the live videos dont look bad..
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

She started a little late and it's popular to hate on her. The Sahara was overflowing and people were going nuts - anyone who likes Madonna would have loved it.

yeah that doesnt sound like much of a fiasco
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

Lurker

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti. I was probably 1 of 50 people to watch his set. A friend told me to check him out and it was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Oxymoron.
    Seriously...how can you stay positive about the 'worst' Coachella set you've ever seen? That makes absolutely no sense. I don't mind the thread, but seriously... what the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SoItGoes View Post
    Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti. I was probably 1 of 50 people to watch his set. A friend told me to check him out and it was awful.
    I was actually trying to hit that show up but we had decided to go to the burger castle that morning and caught traffic on the way back, didn't get into the fest til 3.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Worst set? Do you stay for the whole set saying 'wow this is horrible, lets make sure we stay for the whole thing!'

by the way i loved m.i.a's performance last year on the mainstage.

The best thing about Coachella is that there is so much great music that you don't have to stand around for a bad set. Plenty of other music to hear.

this thread is retarded. stay positive while we all talk shit about bands??? and anyone who was dumb enough to see mia in '08 instead of kraftwerk or animal collective kinda deserves the letdown
    Iron Maiden, Boards of Canada and Underworld for 2013

everybody that i've told that i've seen cocorosie at coachella have been very jealous. i'm like no, they weren't that good (2007) and the rapper was irritated with sound people the whole time because of the sound. it made me not want to be there....

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    I was actually trying to hit that show up but we had decided to go to the burger castle that morning and caught traffic on the way back, didn't get into the fest til 3.
    Trust me. You didn't miss much.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybrew View Post
    this thread is retarded. stay positive while we all talk shit about bands??? and anyone who was dumb enough to see mia in '08 instead of kraftwerk or animal collective kinda deserves the letdown
    my friends said they thought the set was good - they somehow ended up backstage because of all the trampling or something, so maybe their judgement was fucked
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I left in tears in 2001 because of the orb's curfew and technical difficulty disaster.
    One of my top 5 favorite groups, and they are known to be amazing live. I went to my first Coachella for them.
    Left heartbroken.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003