Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Stay postive - what's the worst Coachella set you have witnessed?

Default Re: Stay postive - what's the worst Coachella set you have witnessed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyhenderson View Post
    I don't understand how people say this was a bad set... I used to dislike the band alot, till I was on acid tripping my balls off...and I stumbled upon their set during electric feel and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
    You really don't understand how others may have had a different perception of that set?

Quote Originally Posted by jaysocal View Post
    This...

He sounds like Matt Foley, motivational speaker. The one who lives in a van down by the river.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Quote Originally Posted by Tandemind View Post
    Maybe it's time you start learning your limit with alcohol...
    I wasn't drinking, they just sucked that bad. I'm serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyhenderson View Post
    I don't understand how people say this was a bad set... I used to dislike the band alot, till I was on acid tripping my balls off...and I stumbled upon their set during electric feel and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
    Apparently you were too messed up to realize that.... the only time the crowd got up and got excited was during Electric Feel.... All the songs prior to that, is how everyone got their opinion of the set.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

MGMT was horrible last year. I was expecting more from them.
    Also Crystal Castles in 2009. So. Bad.
    Saw them at Hard Summer in 2009 before it got shut down and they were just as horrible then, too.

Aesop Rock, whenever he played last. Was super excited for his set. Ended up leaving after a couple songs.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post

Last year, Echo and the Bunnymen were awful awful awful.

Thank you for mentioning this. They were about 4th on my list of bands I wanted to see most, and I seriously couldn't finish watching the second song.

lol Uffie

lowfront

Club 75 was the worst train wreck ever witnessed

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

M.I.A. '08

Why I was even there when Kraftwerk was on the main is unforgivable in its own right, and I was punished accordingly.

Gorrilas

Mgmt was whack cause the noise bleed from other stages....and electric feel is good because that's the best song they have made.

Ohhhh girl!

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    M.I.A. '08

Why I was even there when Kraftwerk was on the main is unforgivable in its own right, and I was punished accordingly.
    That happened to my friend as well. Was that when it got shut down or whatnot?

I was gonna say Crystal Castles, but no, Happy Mondays were waayyyyy worse. What an awful set.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpach View Post
    Uffie
    I agree.

I don't see why so many people hated MGMT. Because they didn't play Kids? I thought they were good, but I like their albums.

When MIA played in the Sahara I left after 2 songs. Way too crowded. I liked her on the main stage the next year, though.

I agree that Aesop Rock was very disappointing...although, not horrible. Same with The Roots!

Morrissey did not bitch about meat throughout his performance. He made like 2 comments. It was a good show, not great. I've seen him do much better. I think there were technical issues here as well.

I saw MGMT at Glastonbury. They played Kids and were still crap.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Jonsi made me yawn last year!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfmYminD View Post
    Aesop Rock, whenever he played last. Was super excited for his set. Ended up leaving after a couple songs.
    that sucks 08 right ? that was one year i missed. he's usually amazing live. but, he does have problems with anxiety and crowds and performances... not sure, as i wasn't there, but could have contributed to whatever it is you were seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by hydr1 View Post
    Gorrilas

Mgmt was whack cause the noise bleed from other stages....and electric feel is good because that's the best song they have made.

Ohhhh girl!
    *Gorillaz.

^I take it you weren't much of a fan going in to it.

MGMT blew because the best thing about that set was when the lead yelled "Who's on drugs"
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.