Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 64

Thread: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

  1. #31
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,829

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    sorry, just sold out. i'll sell you mine for $525.

  2. #32
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    “The scheduling is hard for me right now,” Paul Tollett said with a slightly exasperated sigh.
    I'll bet.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    corona
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    sorry, just sold out. i'll sell you mine for $525.
    ill give 1050 for it

  4. #34
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Good stuff. Yet another thing to get me excited. i recognized the people in the first picture because i took a couple of them later while they were still on the rail for MBV:


    The OC Register pic of them in the day


    Later that night

    I've always wondered: where do you pee after camping out in the front row hour after hour?

  5. #35
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,276

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    OC Register provides limited news; lots of advertisment for patio furniture and maple home furnishings. Polly pie coupons are the only thing worth the price of the paper.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  6. #36
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    I've always wondered: where do you pee after camping out in the front row hour after hour?
    Some people can hold it or simply don't have to pee much. My friend and I camped out for Tool in 2006 and I don't remember having to use the portable at all. Maybe by the end of the night but not badly.
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  7. #37
    old school cansei de ser sexme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Berkeley
    Posts
    3,330

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Gatorade bottle. 'nuff said.

  8. #38
    Member darkjustice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    ^^^

  9. #39

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Good stuff. Yet another thing to get me excited. i recognized the people in the first picture because i took a couple of them later while they were still on the rail for MBV:


    The OC Register pic of them in the day


    Later that night

    You guys caught me blazing one down during MBV... No joke.

  10. #40
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,897

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Cool. Thanks for making that one of my favorite crowd shots i took last year. If you want to see the collection it is a part of, Day 3 in my sig.

  11. #41
    Member PrettyRagdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    I've always wondered: where do you pee after camping out in the front row hour after hour?
    You don't. You drink enough to not get woefully dehydrated and that's it. Or at least, that's what I did for Radiohead at APW

    Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

    Karma Police are coming for you


  12. #42
    Coachella Junkie weeklymix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,332

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Yeah when I've camped a stage at any fest I have not peed.

  13. #43
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,897

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by burritoluca View Post
    You guys caught me blazing one down during MBV... No joke.
    Since the discussion is about staying on the rail for the day and what you have to do about peeing, how about sharing your tale.

  14. #44
    Member Botrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hollyhood
    Posts
    1,535

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    It was so easy to get to the rail for MBV. I did it drunk off tequila with a makeshift bong in hand.

  15. #45
    Member sacleonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Nice article.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

  16. #46

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    I camped eight hours for Bjork and never even thought about having to pee. You just sweat out the water.

  17. #47

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Since the discussion is about staying on the rail for the day and what you have to do about peeing, how about sharing your tale.
    Sprinted for the main stage as soon as the gates opened, posted up with three other friends on the right side of the stage. We each brought a single water bottle to drink sparingly throughout the day. The trick to not having to pee while you're waiting that long is to remain just hydrated enough that you're not passing out--I drank very small sips throughout the day whenever I got parched, but never large gulps; I wanted to conserve the water, and I didn't want to put enough water in my stomach that I would have to pee too early on in the day. We ate big breakfasts in the camping grounds (Coolhaus '09!) because we knew we wouldn't be eating until later that night. We were outside all day, so we ended up sweating out most of our body water, but the one water bottle actually ended up working throughout most of the day, especially for cottonmouth.
    With regards to peeing, we used the water bottles, and it was dark enough when we had to pee that we could do it pretty discreetly behind the rail. We were cautious though, so we stuffed the water bottle down the front of our pants and spent about 5-10 minutes positioning it aerodynamically for minimum spillage, comfort, etc... The trick to not spilling, especially with a water bottle with a small mouth, is to pee very very slowly so that your stream is small and it trickles into the bottle. If you pee too fast it can spray and get out of control--you don't want that. After we were done, we capped the bottles and dropped them by our feet.
    It's a disgusting process, I know, but in the end it's Coachella. You're there, camping out in 90-degree weather, getting dirt, dust and sweat in all of your nether regions for a beautiful weekend of filthy awesomeness and when you have the option of experiencing the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, My Bloody Valentine and the Cure from the front row, what's the harm of a little pee in a bottle?

    Hope my tale from the front helped. I apologize for the icky details, but I hoped they could help any future denizens of the infamous front rail with staying safe and comfortable for a long, amazing day.

  18. #48
    old school heyeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,080

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    this year...if your going, step on the bottle after.

  19. #49

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    this year...if your going, step on the bottle after.
    Haha, I am going this year, but it remains to be seen whether or not it's worth camping out all day for any stages...

  20. #50
    old school Suffacated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Coachella Baby!
    Posts
    2,756

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by burritoluca View Post
    The trick to not spilling, especially with a water bottle with a small mouth, is to pee very very slowly so that your stream is small and it trickles into the bottle. If you pee too fast it can spray and get out of control--you don't want that. After we were done, we capped the bottles and dropped them by our feet.
    Trickles?
    WTF!

  21. #51
    Member zachyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    im really curious what the final ticket count is going to be this year...

  22. #52
    Member grannock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    I seriously laugh at anyone who rail camps for an entire day at a festival. Learn to enjoy.

  23. #53

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by burritoluca View Post
    Sprinted for the main stage as soon as the gates opened, posted up with three other friends on the right side of the stage. We each brought a single water bottle to drink sparingly throughout the day. The trick to not having to pee while you're waiting that long is to remain just hydrated enough that you're not passing out--I drank very small sips throughout the day whenever I got parched, but never large gulps; I wanted to conserve the water, and I didn't want to put enough water in my stomach that I would have to pee too early on in the day. We ate big breakfasts in the camping grounds (Coolhaus '09!) because we knew we wouldn't be eating until later that night. We were outside all day, so we ended up sweating out most of our body water, but the one water bottle actually ended up working throughout most of the day, especially for cottonmouth.
    With regards to peeing, we used the water bottles, and it was dark enough when we had to pee that we could do it pretty discreetly behind the rail. We were cautious though, so we stuffed the water bottle down the front of our pants and spent about 5-10 minutes positioning it aerodynamically for minimum spillage, comfort, etc... The trick to not spilling, especially with a water bottle with a small mouth, is to pee very very slowly so that your stream is small and it trickles into the bottle. If you pee too fast it can spray and get out of control--you don't want that. After we were done, we capped the bottles and dropped them by our feet.
    It's a disgusting process, I know, but in the end it's Coachella. You're there, camping out in 90-degree weather, getting dirt, dust and sweat in all of your nether regions for a beautiful weekend of filthy awesomeness and when you have the option of experiencing the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, My Bloody Valentine and the Cure from the front row, what's the harm of a little pee in a bottle?

    Hope my tale from the front helped. I apologize for the icky details, but I hoped they could help any future denizens of the infamous front rail with staying safe and comfortable for a long, amazing day.
    Dedication, thy name is Burritoluca. Nice work, sir.

    Also, I just saw weeklymix's new sig, so:
    "I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, Beater of Ass.......Be a hitter, Babe."
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

  24. #54
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,023

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Who didn't The Holocaust destroy?
    The grounds around the main stage was literally a wasteland after that set. I won't ever forget the performance... or the aftermath.

  25. #55
    Member Ride a Tire!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    es eff
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    I thought you were supposed to be an asshole and push your way to the front of the crowd for every act. As long as you remember to say, "excuse me" as you shove everyone the fuck out of the way, it seems to be okay. Right?
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

  26. #56
    Member grannock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    As you push your way up front just say "My friends are all up there saving my spot, I had to pee." Everyone gets out of your way if you imply you were already at the front.

  27. #57
    old school Suffacated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Coachella Baby!
    Posts
    2,756

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    And people wonder what the elbow to the ribcage was all about?
    For every action there is an equal if not more painful reaction.

  28. #58
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,036

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    What's with all the multiple posts?
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  29. #59
    Member blackchango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mount Kilamanjaro
    Posts
    1,979

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    OC Register provides limited news; lots of advertisment for patio furniture and maple home furnishings. Polly pie coupons are the only thing worth the price of the paper.
    mmmmmm polly's pies !
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

  30. #60
    Member NiceDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Coachella close to sell out per OC Register

    Quote Originally Posted by zikade View Post
    I camped eight hours for Bjork and never even thought about having to pee. You just sweat out the water.
    i think this is pretty much it. you sweat the water out. i've done this so many times. the longest i've gone is w radiohead @ coachella. i got to the rail about noon. its not so bad, really. ...

    i packed about 12 bottles of water in my backpack and took secret sips from them throughout the day. also, you're not too hungry coz you're just excitd and hot and sweaty.
    ***oh__wa**ke**meplease**whenthis__is***ovr

Similar Threads

  1. Coachella to Toronto (or as close as possible)?
    By vegan.carnivore in forum Carpools
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 10:33 AM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 09:11 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 10:36 AM
  4. Show love for Coachella at OC Register
    By microcuts in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 11:26 PM
  5. Orange County Register Coachella article
    By JustSteve in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •