Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **COACHELLA 2010 MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL MIX CDS***Mixed by John Beaver & Thomas Radman

Lurker

Default **COACHELLA 2010 MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL MIX CDS***Mixed by John Beaver & Thomas Radman

John Beaver & Thomas Radman present the 7TH ANNUAL COACHELLA MIX CDS! John Beaver and Thomas Radman have been doing the Coachella Mixes since 2004 purely in the spirit of the festival. What started out as an obscure idea, to make something to listen to for Coachella fans that had long car rides ahead of them, turned into an annual ritual with quite the indie following. The concept is to take all the artists that are playing at the current Coachella and mix them together as if it was a dance music DJ mix. The end result is an Indie Rock/ Pop/ Dance Music mash up mix that never stops. See you at the festival, enjoy the mix!

FREE DOWNLOAD @ www.thomasradman.com/coachella

TRACKLISTS

Disc 1

1. Passion Pit – Little Secrets
    2. Florence & The Machine – Drumming Song
    3. De La Soul – Good Morning
    4. Gorillaz – Stylo
    5. B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars – Nothing On You
    6. Passion Pit – Sleepyhead
    7. Wale feat Jazmine Sullivan – World Tour
    8. The Big Pink – Dominos
    9. Mutemath – Typical
    10. Gossip – Four Letter Word
    11. Fever Ray – When I Grow Up
    12. Faith No More – Epic
    13. Jay Z feat. Alicia Keys – Empire State Of Mind
    14. The Pixies – Where Is My Mind (Bassnectar Rmx)
    15. Proxy vs Benny Benassi –Satisfied Raven
    16. Tiesto & Sneaky Sound System – I Will Be Here (Wolfgang Gartner Rmx)
    17. David Guetta, Sebastian Ingrosso, Dirty South & Julie Mc Knight – How Soon Is Now
    18. Kaskade & Deadmau5 – Move For Me
    19. The Temper Trap – Fader
    20. Deadmau5 vs Michael Jackson –Moar Ghosts & Smooth Criminals (John Beaver Mashup)
    21. MGMT – Kids (Soulwax/2 Many Djs Rmx)

Disc 2

1. Phoenix – Love Like The Sunset Part 1 & 2
    2. Miike Snow – Silvia
    3. Hot Chip – One Life Stand
    4. Gary Numan – Cars
    5. LCD Soundsystem – Someone Great
    6. Muse – Undisclosed Desires
    7. Thom Yorke – Harrowdown Hill
    8. Orbital – Halcyon (And On And On)
    9. Major Lazer – Pon De Floor
    10. La Roux – Quicksand
    11. Delphic – Doubt
    12. Hadouken! – M.A.D.
    13. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Rmx)
    14. Rusko – Cali Anthem (House Rmx)
    15. Jonski – Boy Lilikoi
    16. Phoenix – 1901
    17. Infected Mushroom – Sa’eed
    18. Miike Snow – Black & Blue
    19. Florence & The Machine – Cosmic Love
    Last edited by JohnBeaver; 04-09-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Default Re: **COACHELLA 2010 MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL MIX CDS***Mixed by John Beaver & Thomas Ra

sweet dude, thanks! I always listen to these to get pumped up the week before.

Default Re: **COACHELLA 2010 MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL MIX CDS***Mixed by John Beaver & Thomas Ra

thanks! i look forward to these yearly!

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

nice...been wondering about this. little later than usual, no?
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    nice...been wondering about this. little later than usual, no?
    LOL yeah just bit! For some reason it took me extra time to get all the small details on the mix worked out. I cant tell you how many miles and time I spent driving around listening to these to get them perfect

Sound levels between the songs was the hardest part. Rock music tends to be mastered different than alot of other music (theres tons of low + high volume points). I basically had to go thru and manually fix each song at all parts to make sure everything stayed level. I do this so we can get a nice final mastered copy and it also helps create a good vibe between the tracks like the mix is progressing forward. We spend ALOT of time on these mixes each year in hopes to make them timeless

thanks for all the effort guys. its much appreciated.

i just have one suggestion: it would be awesome if you split this into multiple tracks that were tagged with artist/track info so when i'm listening on my ipod, and i like the song that's playing , i could look down and see who it is. otherwise i have no idea, unless i have the track list in front of me, but when i'm in the car or something, that's kind of hard...

other than that, keep up the great work!

Once again you guys deliver, thanks!

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Brilliant!

Thanks so much for doing this

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    thanks for all the effort guys. its much appreciated.

i just have one suggestion: it would be awesome if you split this into multiple tracks that were tagged with artist/track info so when i'm listening on my ipod, and i like the song that's playing , i could look down and see who it is. otherwise i have no idea, unless i have the track list in front of me, but when i'm in the car or something, that's kind of hard...

other than that, keep up the great work!
    We thought about it and we do have the master copies on cd that are tracked out, but in the interest of making it easily available to everyone a single downloadable file is easier to deal with for most people than downloading 20 tracks each and then hoping that when they burn it to a cd the tracks transfer smoothly, but I get your point especially since you're using an mp3 player.

Hey John, your friend Emily Cox just sent me the link to this earlier today. Listening to CD1 right now, it's REALLY good! I was about to make a thread telling people about it but then I saw you had already done it. This will be really good for the drive down, thanks!
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

I was looking forward to these so much that I tracked them down early @ Thomas' website on Wednesday. Haha.

Perfect for the drive out there and getting ready in the AM before the fest.

Thanks again!

-Joe

PS: I really loved the mixes that were divided by days... but I get that it's more work.
    Coachellabound 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 Fuck I'm Old Now.

Very nice.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I love these. Thanks. Going to download it before hitting the road tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LongshotJoe View Post
    I was looking forward to these so much that I tracked them down early @ Thomas' website on Wednesday. Haha.

Perfect for the drive out there and getting ready in the AM before the fest.

Thanks again!

-Joe

PS: I really loved the mixes that were divided by days... but I get that it's more work.
    I hope not too early because we had some semi finished versions up to test the links..
    If you got it any earlier than Friday morning I would re-download them...
    Otherwise you got the rare versions

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Wow, tonight I was getting kind of annoyed because I was looking in some other mixtape threads and they didn't seem that great to me. This tracklist looks educational and I know based on your mixtape last year it will be well-made. Thanks a bunch and keep doing this every year!
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

As a little Bonus we just added our 2009 Coachella 10-Year Anniversary mix for people to download that didn't get the chance to do so last year.

Thomas ! John ! your mixes have rocked my Coachellas.. and the highways outside Indio : ) i thought me n' my tables could give back the favor ! hope to see you guys there !

JAY-Z -vs- COACHELLA '10
    an album length session of mash-ups,
    edits, and mixes for the road to Indio...

See you on the campground : )

Quote Originally Posted by Jarv Nasty View Post
    Thomas ! John ! your mixes have rocked my Coachellas.. and the highways outside Indio : ) i thought me n' my tables could give back the favor ! hope to see you guys there !
    Sweet man I'll check it out.

I'm getting really excited for this weekend, I can hardly concentrate in School.

Awesome mixes. Love 'em and passed the link along to friends.

Excellent
    9/05 Sister Crayon @ the Rickshaw Stop
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

sweet, i'm going to download and listen. i'm sure this year's is as bauce as all the previous years.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Radman View Post
    We thought about it and we do have the master copies on cd that are tracked out, but in the interest of making it easily available to everyone a single downloadable file is easier to deal with for most people than downloading 20 tracks each and then hoping that when they burn it to a cd the tracks transfer smoothly, but I get your point especially since you're using an mp3 player.
    i hear ya on that. maybe you could just also host a .zip or .rar file for each cd with all the tracks inside, for all the people that know what they're doing and can unzip them and burn them or put them in their itunes. i dont mean to bitch though...still stoked on the mixes either way. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Radman View Post
    Ya man could you please .rar or .zip these things up! Would be most appreciated.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Lurker

Dont forget we will be passing out fliers for the cds at the exits that will double as CD COVERS!!! Come say hi, We would LOVE to meet some people from the forums!

ive been reading the threads all day at work, im gonna download this right when i get home. looks great, thanks!

Brilliant guys!

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Thank you all!

And about zipping up a folder with the individual tracks in it and posting a link to it, I just simply don't have the time. I'm sorry but because the Coachella trip is taking out so many days, I have a lot of catching up to do in School.

Other than that I wish everyone a safe trip to the Festival and Hopefully we'll run into each other.