Thread: Getting there for 11am Doors????

Question Getting there for 11am Doors????

I have been to Coachella twice before, but I have never been there for doors on any day.

Who has been there when they open the gates on Friday morning??

Are there a lot of people there at doors? A line?

Who's going to be there to step inside at the first possible moment?
    U MAD?

Default Re: Getting there for 11am Doors????

Yes I'd like to know as well

There's a line. As you would expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Does anyone know how early we should get there if we are driving in? I mean, how long does it take to get through traffic? We've camped in years past but this will be the first time we are staying in a hotel in Indio. Not sure what to expect.

I camp but I think a good rule of thumb for most things where you expect lines/traffic is this: Think of a time where arriving is convenient/comfortable for you, and then don't go those times.

But again, maybe someone who drives in every day can be of better help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by beltanegoddess View Post
    Does anyone know how early we should get there if we are driving in? I mean, how long does it take to get through traffic? We've camped in years past but this will be the first time we are staying in a hotel in Indio. Not sure what to expect.
    It's hard to say. I stay in Palm Springs and I've been stuck in traffic anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.

I am *almost* always here for doors. I try to get there about 9am when parking opens to avoid traffic. A couple times I got there a few minutes after doors.

The line varies. If there is a very popular band, think Roger Waters, Tool, etc, that people will camp out for, the line will be longer. There is usually quite a long line by doors, but a few times there have only been a few people.

I hear that the traffic can be really bad towards the middle of the day.

I hear that the traffic can be really bad towards the middle of the day.
    I can vouch for that. This'll be my first Coachella, but when we moved to Indio last year I got my first taste of the traffic. I got off work at 3pm Saturday and by the time we got to Jefferson it was absolute hell.

Last year I left the hotel around 3:30 on friday and got into the festival about 3 hours later. That was the worst traffic I've seen. The two days after that I left around 2 and got there in 20 minutes. Maybe it was because Paul McCartney played Friday night and that was a bigger crowd, but that's just a guess.

I'm going in early for all three days this year because there are a few early bands I want to see.

last year i got there at doors and got to see MIA soundcheck 2 songs. just sayin
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

We were wanting to be inside the venue around 1pm each day, and I was just trying to figure out if we needed to leave our hotel (4 miles away) really early at 9am or wait until 11:30 or so. Thanks for all your advice. It sounds like it's generally not 3 hours worth of traffic if you're heading in by noon. If any one has seen different, let us know. Now I'm just wondering what kind of a nightmare the traffic will be getting out each night. I figure it's probably going to take us at least an hour or two at that time.

deftonepuma

Quote Originally Posted by beltanegoddess View Post
    We were wanting to be inside the venue around 1pm each day, and I was just trying to figure out if we needed to leave our hotel (4 miles away) really early at 9am or wait until 11:30 or so. Thanks for all your advice. It sounds like it's generally not 3 hours worth of traffic if you're heading in by noon. If any one has seen different, let us know. Now I'm just wondering what kind of a nightmare the traffic will be getting out each night. I figure it's probably going to take us at least an hour or two at that time.
    You can wait, especially if you are getting there early-ish. I mean, unless there's someone you really want to see at noon. Traffic tends to be light earlier, I think the quickest I ever got in was around 12:30 on a Saturday a couple years ago. Probably worst between 3-6 or so. Friday will be a little tighter earlier because you'll be in with the stragglers headed to the camping area.

Getting out is bad but you'll handle it. Just be chill and accept that it'll take you an hour to get home, don't try to get all crazy forcing your way out. It takes forever to get out of the parking lots but once you get even a couple blocks away from the fields at the end of the day, the traffic loosens right up. Even leaving with the MASSIVE crowd after Prince back in 08, it still only took me like an hour and a half to get back to my hotel. And probably 50 minutes of that was getting out of the parking lot.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 04-15-2010 at 09:26 AM.

^ That all depends on where your hotel is, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    ^ That all depends on where your hotel is, doesn't it?
    Well, if your hotel is 2 hours away, then obviously it's going to take longer, yeah. I'm assuming somewhere in the general La Quinta/Indian Wells/Palm Desert-ish area.

Talking Re: Getting there for 11am Doors????

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Well, if your hotel is 2 hours away, then obviously it's going to take longer, yeah. I'm assuming somewhere in the general La Quinta/Indian Wells/Palm Desert-ish area.
    We're staying in the Indio "ghetto" on Indio Blvd. --- really close. Thanks for your tips. At least we know what to expect now.

Happy Coachella, everyone!!