Thread: do you hate the "XXXX items remaining" wait at the home page?

Angry do you hate the "XXXX items remaining" wait at the home page?

i've made the message board my short cut to avoid this, but every once in a while, i click the coachella sign and i gotta wait on the backwards countdown from 1,5XX items. it's just a annoying.

crap? is it just me?

i am no a work computer...
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Default Re: do you hate the "XXXX items remaining" wait at the home page?

are you on f'n dial up?

not that i know of. it's a school's computer - CSULA, to be exact. i don't want ask why cos i think i'm not supposed to be on here, but it's just frustrating.

in hindsight... what a pathetic reason to start a thread...
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple

Banned

^^ it does it on my computer at work. if i click on message boards quick enough i can bypass it.. or else im waiting for like 3 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc723 View Post
    not that i know of. it's a school's computer - CSULA, to be exact. i don't want ask why cos i think i'm not supposed to be on here, but it's just frustrating.

in hindsight... what a pathetic reason to start a thread...
    Are you the janitor?
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    Are you the janitor?
    nope. i'd rather not say my exact position for obvious reasons.

dang! trip out, i actually got responses. thanks cuddlesthesheep for not making me feel like i'm the only one

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

@cuddlesthesheep why dont you just type "coachella.com/forum" instead of going to the homepage
    Quote Originally Posted by seyrnon View Post
    GUYS
    TIESTO HAS A LOT OF MONEY AND NICE CARS AND HOT GIRLS
    SO THAT MAKES HIM A GOOD MUSICIAN
    YOU GUYS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MUSIC

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    how cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiesto View Post
    @cuddlesthesheep why dont you just type "coachella.com/forum" instead of going to the homepage
    i have the forum as my shortcut. it's just when the countdown start, the damn pc thing freezes til it finishes.

it doesn't really happen often, just often enough to make me start this thread. to reiterate - sad...

Loads up instantly for me on Comcast cable.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Loads up instantly for me on Comcast cable.
    going to the gym (gotta get that speedo body ready!)

then i'll go hom and try it there. hopefully it wont. we'll see...

so what do you know, it loads up fine @ home.

take that comcast! time warner, you rule!

Banned

i've made the message board my short cut to avoid this, but every once in a while, i click the coachella sign and i gotta wait on the backwards countdown from 1,5XX items. it's just a annoying.

crap? is it just me?

i am no a work computer...
    ya it was fucking up for me at my local school as well.. goddamn servers
    always leave me stuck like a cat.

don't use internet explorer.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

i have the forum as my shortcut. it's just when the countdown start, the damn pc thing freezes til it finishes.

it doesn't really happen often, just often enough to make me start this thread. to reiterate - sad...
    It happens to me too on my work computer when I accidentally click on the Coachella sign. I was so used to clicking at the top to bring me to the forum home page but with the redesign it's the link that brings you to the main page and the countdown starts and the page eventually freezes, only on my work pc though. I imagine it's because all softwares aren't up to date or maybe it's the web filtering they use that jams it up.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

It happens to me on my work computer as well. I now just type in the forum part so my IE doesn't freeze up
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Lol I can't believe someone started a thread about this. I have the same problem when I click on the main page. Now I just type in coachella forum.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Lol I can't believe someone started a thread about this. I have the same problem when I click on the main page. Now I just type in coachella forum.
    i'd never started a forum before and it's the first thing that popped into my head. i'm surprised people actually replied.

but now (at work, at least), i have the forum as the shortcut and NOT the homepage.

Just experienced this myself on the computer here in the library at school. Now I know what you were talking about.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Talking Re: do you hate the "XXXX items remaining" wait at the home page?

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Just experienced this myself on the computer here in the library at school. Now I know what you were talking about.
    validation feels sooo good.l