Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gourmet Food Truck: Amazing street food, culinary vessel heading out to Cochella.

Lurker

Default Gourmet Food Truck: Amazing street food, culinary vessel heading out to Cochella.

Hi Dave de Jour Street Food Truck, from San Diego. will be heading out for the festival and looking for places to stop and feed the crowds: hotels, parties, etc. Food for foodies- Mac and Cheese on a stick, truffle fries and more-would love some feedback and tips on parties, cool places to stop , open the window and share the street food experience!
    Thanks!

Default Re: Gourmet Food Truck: Amazing street food, culinary vessel heading out to Cochella.

How in the fuck do you make mac n cheese on a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Gourmet Food Truck: Amazing street food, culinary vessel heading out to Cochella.

I've had it at the Minnesota state fair. I'd post a pic but I'm posting from my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Lurker

You will have to find us and try it out! It is so so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I've had it at the Minnesota state fair. I'd post a pic but I'm posting from my phone.
    Was it good? I love mac n cheese and will hunt down this gourmet truck if it is.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Lurker

Yes, you will - we are from SD- so not the same as the Minnesota fair- we will have lots of great food. We do postings on twitter and facebook, if you want to friend request.
    Our web site: www.davedejour.com/street-food.
    Thanks!

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I've made it before and added grilled chicken to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

heeey checked out your website im fuckin hungry...stop by coachella forsure

grilled tofu and mango salad sounds great.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Lurker

cool- thanks for checking it out. Look at Yelp as well - reviews and more food info
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/dave-de-jour...od-encinitas-2
    friend request us on Facebook and we will be updating our where abouts on Facebook, Twitter and Yelp.

Seriously- the food is amazing-looking forward to sharing!

I have a caravan of some 50 people meeting between 12-1pm at the Wal Mart parking lot in Indio on Thursday. I'll for sure buy some Navy SEAL tofu and sliders if I see you.

Edit: there will also be a ton of vegans/vegetarians at the fest.

edit 2: I didnt see your full menu until just now. Hell yes, count me in. Do you have any items in mind specifically for Coachella that aren't on there?
    Last edited by Aurgasm; 04-05-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Please come near the camping area near the festival grounds!

Lurker

Hi- Parking lot at Walmat noon- great tip- thanks so much. Should be out there by noon on Thursday. Lets touch base closer to then-working on the menu, definitly things that are not on the menu-pork belly sliders, cubanos and much more but will have tofu, veggie burgers, etc.
    Yes, we are going to try to get near the camp ground area. Please friend request on Facebook - so you can keep up with Twitter Facebook posts.
    Thanks again for all the feedback-we are excited!

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    no...not Spam.

This looks awesome man...I second you trying to get close to the camp grounds at Coachella.
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    I have a caravan of some 50 people meeting between 12-1pm at the Wal Mart parking lot in Indio on Thursday.
    Same. Several more will be meeting at Ralph's locations to meet up. You might want to hit those on Thursday. Other than that, I think you'll be lucky just lingering around the Coachella grounds.
    [ Friday ]Them Crooked Vultures Jay-Z Benny Benassi Passion Pit
    [ Saturday ] Muse Porcupine Tree Faith No More Mew Tiesto The Dead Weather Pretty Lights
    [ Sunday ] Gorillaz Thom Yorke MuteMath Yann Tiersen Phoenix Orbital

You should also utilize your Twitter feed to post your location while you move. Most Coachella visitors will have their cell phones on for updates of things happening around the area.
    [ Friday ]Them Crooked Vultures Jay-Z Benny Benassi Passion Pit
    [ Saturday ] Muse Porcupine Tree Faith No More Mew Tiesto The Dead Weather Pretty Lights
    [ Sunday ] Gorillaz Thom Yorke MuteMath Yann Tiersen Phoenix Orbital

Lurker

Thanks- we are going to see what we can do. Scoped it out this past weekend. Have never been to the festival- so not sure what kind of craziness we have to get through to park on the sides of the roads around the camp grounds. Please look out for posts, updates. If you have friends at hotels- please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    How in the fuck do you make mac n cheese on a stick?
    Beats me, but it sounds fucking delicious
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Lurker

Yes, we Twitter - friend request on Facebook- we feed into Twitter, Looped and Yelp. So will stay connected.
    Thanks for all the tips/connects- keep em coming!
    www.davedejour.com

Yo can you guys fry oreo's/ice cream? If not, I recommend somehow learning to do that before the festival.

Also, pie & Churro's. Bring some of those
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Yo can you guys fry oreo's/ice cream? If not, I recommend somehow learning to do that before the festival.

Also, pie & Churro's. Bring some of those
    look at his menu, he doesn't need that crap.

Shared the menu/site with my camping group- much excitement, i hope this works out!
    Rhythm is a dancer.

You may end up being the only twitterer I subscribe to. I don't do Twitter but this food sounds too damn good to miss out on.

vegetarian options please!!!

Abalone Relleno? Holy shit, please meet us at walmart. After looking at your menu, ill skip breakfast and dinner the night before so i can eat at least 2 of your meals.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

+10 for the food, keep your politics at home imo ...
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Abalone Relleno? HAHA sounds interesting
    Black Rebel Motorcycl Club - 03/16
    Coachella - 04/16-04/18
    Neon Indian - 06/03
    LCD Soundsystem - 06/04
    The XX W/Phantogram - 06/05
    Wild Beasts - 08/13
    Sunset Junction:
    Ghostland Observatory - 08/21
    Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros - 08/21
    Culture Collide:
    Klaxons + The Boxer Rebellion - 10/8
    Jenny & Johnny + Tokyo Police Club -10/10
    LCD Soundsystem W Hot Chip & Sleigh Bells - 10/15
    Friendly Fires + Foster The People - 02/09/11
    Lykke Li@SkyBarMondrian Sessions - 3/10/11

Lurker

Thanks for sharing! We will make it work.
    Yes, although deep fried Oreos are yummy- we will leave that for the fair folks. But no worries- you'll get your fix of "wow" ..

any whale steak?
    Black Rebel Motorcycl Club - 03/16
    Coachella - 04/16-04/18
    Neon Indian - 06/03
    LCD Soundsystem - 06/04
    The XX W/Phantogram - 06/05
    Wild Beasts - 08/13
    Sunset Junction:
    Ghostland Observatory - 08/21
    Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros - 08/21
    Culture Collide:
    Klaxons + The Boxer Rebellion - 10/8
    Jenny & Johnny + Tokyo Police Club -10/10
    LCD Soundsystem W Hot Chip & Sleigh Bells - 10/15
    Friendly Fires + Foster The People - 02/09/11
    Lykke Li@SkyBarMondrian Sessions - 3/10/11

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by davedejour View Post
    Thanks- we are going to see what we can do. Scoped it out this past weekend. Have never been to the festival- so not sure what kind of craziness we have to get through to park on the sides of the roads around the camp grounds. Please look out for posts, updates. If you have friends at hotels- please let us know.
    I'm going to guess your best bet is the hotel parkings lots and the meet up places like Walmart and Target. I would be shocked if they let you into the parking areas at the fest itself or the camping areas. The vendors would throw a shit fit and for good reason.