Is anyone a member of getunvarnished.com ? If so, I want an invite. kthnx.

unvarnished -- a reputation site worth looking at

Well, the deal is that one's reputation drives the trust people have in you, and it really is a major asset.

There's a lot of buzz around a new site, still in closed beta, Unvarnished.

People can write whatever they want about you, and vice versa. They do have some controls around that, and maybe that'll be enough. Might work, given what I've seen in fifteen years of customer service. People do look out for each other. It'll probably depend on having enough people looking at reviews, to overwhelm any disinformation.

Mike Arrington has good insights at Techcrunch, including the common observation that people will understand that there's a lot of disinformation around, in Reputation Is Dead: It’s Time To Overlook Our Indiscretions

Trying to control, or even manage, your online reputation is becoming increasingly difficult. And much like the fight by big labels against the illegal sharing of music, it will soon become pointless to even try. It's time we all just give up on the small fights and become more accepting of the indiscretions of our fellow humans. Because the skeletons are coming out of the closet and onto the front porch.

Meanwhile, lawyers are offering some speculation.

No one knows where this'll go, and it plays into the whole role of trust on the Net, which I'm writing more about.