Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAITHLESS is this year's DAFT PUNK

Default Re: FAITHLESS is this year's DAFT PUNK

I can't believe you peepz haven't even mentioned KRAFTWERK!!!

Total forfathers and were real fucking dope when they played Sahara!!!

Don't forget that one...

They are not going to be my Daft Punk this year DP is a big reason I went last year. I will see Faithless but Fri. has alot a decent acts & Faithless is not my biggest concern.

thats great that you got to see justice and dp at puk.. im still kicking myself for missing dp.. i can't wait to see soulwax....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zV2cw5xa4HY

whats the difference between soulwax and 2-many-dj's, are they the same? I know soulwax plays many live instruments during their sets.. but i have no clue..
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Soulwax are the live band, where they play their own songs. 2manydjs are the djs that play mostly other peoples songs. Same dudes.

I saw Daft Punk at Coachella, Pukkelpop (music festival in Belgium), and Dublin.

My sister and I were in the front row centre (literally) for Pukkelpop and Dublin... and still Coachella was the best. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
    I saw Daft Punk at Coachella, Pukkelpop (music festival in Belgium), and Dublin.

My sister and I were in the front row centre (literally) for Pukkelpop and Dublin... and still Coachella was the best. Hmmm...
    I agree with you! I saw DP at Bang! in Miami and they were 100x better at Coachella (I was front and center for both)...it must have had something to do with the fact that they became Hermits to the US audience until that moment in time.

Daft Punk live was one of the best experiences of my life. Seriously the shit totaly blew me away. I felt like crying afterward...

Banned

ive heard good things bout faithless so im gonna make it a point to check them out.. any songs u suggest i download?

Grab the greatest hits CD.

Forever Faithless

Justice IS DaftPunk!

Not Afraid, while that may be true, they'll be on stage at 4PM or something. That doesn't help their cause.

I am looking forward to MSTRKRFT, Justice and Soulwax (or 2 Many Djs, whatever they show up as) but they'll be on way too early and for a shorter period of time.

For the time being, Faithless will be closing the Sahara Tent on Friday night.
    Last edited by fober; 01-22-2007 at 10:52 PM.

why hasn't anyone noticed that faithless is going to be this years Fischerspooner?

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddjester View Post
    nothing is better than daft punk.... i saw them 3 times....period.
    wanting to say something very rude right now. you lucky *uck.

EDITED: I like this in-window edit mode. way to go new message board.
    Last edited by shakermaker113; 01-22-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starrdogg View Post
    Argh, I'd really like to see Faithless, but they likely will be closing out the Sahara Tent, hence conflicting with Bjork. Think they have any chance of playing the mainstage?
    no. but it's possible they won't conflict.

recall 2004. radiohead headlined the main stage, kraftwerk headlined the sahara the same day, and it was possible to see both. there was no overlap between sets.

similar situation last year with depeche mode and daft punk. although there might have been some overlap -- I didn't see depeche mode, so I am relying on the set times that were published. still, it was possible to see at least most of both, if not all.

so there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGwenPlease View Post
    why hasn't anyone noticed that faithless is going to be this years Fischerspooner?

Cos Fischerspooner are a completely different act, there isnt really a comparison apart from maybe a few synths...

To be honest i dont really think Faithless are anything like Daft Punk in any way shape or form, they havent got a hope of overshadowing Daft Punks show last year...

You're right, Daft Punk started way late so the Depeche Mode crowd got to wander over. Fortunately, my instincts drew me to Daft Punk, and I was dead center for the whole set. Good lord.

We don't need another Daft Punk, because something like that only comes along once in a blue moon. That was the Hendrix Star Spangled Banner for this generation. Faithless look like a lot of fun in the video, I think they could headline the Sahara tent (though I suppose it depends how much material they have). I'd love to see another big name slipped in there (Underworld, Aphex Twin) but I'm not holding my breath.

mschirmersf

Smile Re: FAITHLESS is this year's DAFT PUNK

Daft Punk last year was the scene stealer of the festival and really of all Coachella history. It just rocked the socks off everyone there and suprised the hell out of me. I love them, but didn't expect to be taken to that level of digital fantasmagorical ecstacy! I would give anything to see them again!

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    wanting to say something very rude right now. you lucky *uck.

EDITED: I like this in-window edit mode. way to go new message board.
    i saw them three times, too, because i was under the impression that they'd never tour again. this being said, i'm not complaining whatsoever about the fact that they're going to keep touring this year.

Quote Originally Posted by drewoftherushes View Post

We don't need another Daft Punk, because something like that only comes along once in a blue moon.
    I'm sure faithless will be decent. This year is definitely missing a definitive electronic/dance act in the sahara. I almost did forget about Kraftwerk 04'. the chem bros nailed it in 05', and of course daft punk owned 06'. Will faithless be able to fill the shoe? doubtful, but I welcome them to do their damndest. My drunk ass will be ready for some dancing by the time they come on

nothing will ever compare to daft punk.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    no. but it's possible they won't conflict.

recall 2004. radiohead headlined the main stage, kraftwerk headlined the sahara the same day, and it was possible to see both. there was no overlap between sets.

similar situation last year with depeche mode and daft punk. although there might have been some overlap -- I didn't see depeche mode, so I am relying on the set times that were published. still, it was possible to see at least most of both, if not all.

so there is hope.

I think I caught about 5 or 6 songs by Depeche before I wandered over to see the best live show i've ever seen..

Unhappy Re: FAITHLESS is this year's DAFT PUNK

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    Get ready for Justice, Erol Alkan, and MSTRKRFT.. I think Justice is on Ed. Bangers label (same manager as Daft Punk). Soulwax should be very tight also... they have some fun stuff on youtube. Faithless is not this years Daft Punk. not even on the same bar..
    EROL ALKAN=NOT PLAYING THIS YEAR

Banned

Talking Re: FAITHLESS is this year's DAFT PUNK

Quote Originally Posted by josephv909 View Post
    i think MSTRKRFT is this years daft punk. they are doooope!
    Werd! And I have a feeling Justice will make a sneaky little appearance during their set. It's going to be phenomenal.

And I agree with being content on not seeing Daft Punk again. The set was so legendary I don't believe there should ever be an attempt to recreate such musical euphoria. My heart is in their space pyramid.