Thread: Street Scene 2010

Default Street Scene 2010

Until details emerge...

4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Default Re: Street Scene 2010

I won't complain.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachTheEskimo View Post
    You're Dumb.

Even though Street Scene is essentially done, I think we should create a thread for it every year for this very purpose.
    For your health

Last year was awesome! Devendra Banhart, Conor Oberst w/ special Jenny Lewis guest appearance, CAKE, MODEST MOUSE!!! And the Beer tasting area was just great.
    We left when the Black Eyed Peas came on because they suck, so no lines or crowds leaving the festival.
    A train that conveniently runs from your hotel directly to the event. I think I walked maybe 2 blocks.

Not as good as Coachella, but still really fun!
    Modest Mouse, YYY, The XX, Postal Service, Blur, Franz Ferdinand, James Blake, Grimes, Wild Belle, Yeasayer, Wild Nothing, Tame Impala, Jake Bugg, Jessie Ware, The Selecter, The Faint, Tegan & Sara, The 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, OMD, Vampire Weekend, New Order, The Evens, Robert DeLong, Savages, Parov Stelar Band

Coachella: 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 2010
    Outside Lands: 08, 2010, 2012

I regret not going to the first day in 2008...that was a great lineup. Oh the sacrifices one makes to see Radiohead too many times.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Lol, RIP Street Scene.

Do you think there'll be another big festival in SD within the next few years? I hope so, perfect city for it.

BANGIN'

Last year's Street Scene was a blast, hope it comes back even though I can't make it.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Street Scene is meh. Even though I strongly push for more of a music scene in SD, I really didn't think it was that great. There are so many beautiful places so hold a festival in SD, why have it on black top in the middle of the city? Hopefully Stay Classy grows and throws a big festival on the beach or The Do Lab realizes the potential of Julian.

GAH The Do Lab in Julian?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by GrossMagic View Post
    Street Scene is meh. Even though I strongly push for more of a music scene in SD, I really didn't think it was that great. There are so many beautiful places so hold a festival in SD, why have it on black top in the middle of the city? Hopefully Stay Classy grows and throws a big festival on the beach or The Do Lab realizes the potential of Julian.
    Seriously?

Her ass is just unbelievable...

ive missed good ole scarjo
    http://soundcloud.com/laflur

Monthly Promotional Mix Series now available

I hope she keeps the red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Even though Street Scene is essentially done, I think we should create a thread for it every year for this very purpose.
    This.

I am going to be lined up for hours for Iron Man 2. I haven't even seen the first Iron Man and I don't really give a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Rent the first one before going. And there's an important scene after the end credits.

taken from the street scene 2009 thread..

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    According to a letter received by our parent company, Southland Publishing, Rob Hagey Productions (aka Street Scene) is liquidating its assets in order to pay an estimated $2.8 million owed to creditors (full disclosure: CityBeatís among those owed money) and an undisclosed amount owed to former employees. This isnít bankruptcy; rather, itís whatís known as a General Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors. According to the letterófrom San Diego Credit AssociationóGeneral Assignment is ďan option to filing a Chapter 7 liquidation in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.Ē The letter goes on to say,

[I]t was determined that it would be in the companyís and its creditorsí best interest to execute a General Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors rather than seek Chapter 7 Bankruptcy relief. Bankruptcy liquidation is generally associated with lengthy, cumbersome and expensive administrative proceedings which reduce and delay recoveries to creditors.

In the last three months, two Street Scene contractors, Southern California Sound Image and Kleege Industries, filed lawsuits against Rob Hagey Productions alleging breach of contract.

Iíve sent an e-mail to Rob Hagey and his son, Riley, who oversaw production at this yearís event.

Update: I just received an e-mail from Rob Hagey:

As you know we had a very tough year. The attendance dropped below 50% of what we had anticipated for Street Scene. So the loss was substantial for my company, Rob Hagey Productions. I have had to close my account as my company is completely insolvent. I have transferred all monies to San Diego Credit Association well below the debt owed to everyone. They will act as the appointed trustee for the betterment of all the creditors including SD City Beat related to Street Scene 09. I have worked in the music business for over thirty years (producing Street Scene for 25 of those years). So this is a life altering time, something that hurts me deeply as Iím very passionate about music.
    i'd be seriously shocked if street scene came back this year. plus, after last year's issues with paying the artists, i'm sure many bands are weary of playing street scene

I'm still holding out hope

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I would rather they make a sequel to Vickie Christina Barcelona. I figure they can ditch the whole suave spanish guy and just focus on Penelope Cruz and Scar Jo's intimate relationship.

With the lights on for 2+ hours plz!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...e-festival-to/

This here says it for sure won't be back in 2010, not that it is surprising.

New replacement for San Diego Street Scene?

http://www.socalfestival.com/

Street scene wasn't 21+ when it was a big deal btw. Only when it wasnt. So no, this wont be the replacement.