Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

  1. #1
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    Psychic Friend, or anyone who can tell me for sure, please reply to this fast. I lucked out yesterday by being the first to respond to a post offering 2 3-day passes and camping tix at cost, which basically made life worth living again. Unfortunately, my seller is in London and ordered the tickets Will Call, and an hour ago he messaged me saying that he'd been on the phone with Ticketmaster for two hours getting jerked around about whether or not the tickets could be rerouted to me. After looking at Ticketmaster's policies, I've found that they allow will call tickets to be picked up by alternate names but not all venues do. Please tell me that Goldenvoice's policy would allow me to pick up these tickets as long as I meet Ticketmaster's criteria? This is urgent, I'm afraid he may have already refunded them, and if not I need to convince him FAST.

  2. #2
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,191

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    We don't mind as long as you have ID matching the name the tickets are left under. In other words, ticketmaster needs to put in an alternate name. They have to do this. We dont have access to their system to do it. If your friend get's an uncooperative TM person on the phone, hang up try again until he gets a decent CSR (customer service rep). Or ask to speak to a supervisor.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  3. #3
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    If he hasn't already refunded his tickets then YOU Psychic Friend will be treated to a special party with any combination of prostitutes, illicit substances, personal appearances by deities, sadistic torture of me and my loved ones or whatever else would get your rocks off. Perhaps a keyboard with a head cushion?

  4. #4
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,191

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    hahahhah. sounds good. the cushion part .
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    This guy sounds like a tout. I'm unconvinced.

    Be weary.

    E

  6. #6
    Member kimery08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    1,447

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    If he hasn't already refunded his tickets then YOU Psychic Friend will be treated to a special party with any combination of prostitutes, illicit substances, personal appearances by deities, sadistic torture of me and my loved ones or whatever else would get your rocks off. Perhaps a keyboard with a head cushion?
    i want in on this.
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    thelastgreatman

    little scotland wants you!!!!

  8. #8
    lowfront
    Guest

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    This guy sounds like a tout. I'm unconvinced.

    Be weary.

    E

    Like you

  9. #9
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    A tout? I'm intrigued--haven't heard that one before. Also haven't heard back from the seller after sending him several messages linking to this thread and Ticketmaster's breakdown of how this would work. I'm beginning to think he already refunded, or got a better offer, or was a scam (or "tout," I think?). Ahh, God, with your giveth and taketh away bush-league bullshit.

  10. #10
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    Yup, I'm shit out of luck. Apparently Ticketmaster convinced him that his only option was to take a refund, which doesn't sound so convincing. Well that was a brutal little tease. You're still welcome to that party if you want it, Psy.

  11. #11
    Member windscreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Yup, I'm shit out of luck. Apparently Ticketmaster convinced him that his only option was to take a refund, which doesn't sound so convincing. Well that was a brutal little tease. You're still welcome to that party if you want it, Psy.
    Ticketmaster offers refunds now???
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

  12. #12
    old school unknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    5,696

    Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Psychic Friend, or anyone who can tell me for sure, please reply to this fast. I lucked out yesterday by being the first to respond to a post offering 2 3-day passes and camping tix at cost, which basically made life worth living again. Unfortunately, my seller is in London and ordered the tickets Will Call, and an hour ago he messaged me saying that he'd been on the phone with Ticketmaster for two hours getting jerked around about whether or not the tickets could be rerouted to me. After looking at Ticketmaster's policies, I've found that they allow will call tickets to be picked up by alternate names but not all venues do. Please tell me that Goldenvoice's policy would allow me to pick up these tickets as long as I meet Ticketmaster's criteria? This is urgent, I'm afraid he may have already refunded them, and if not I need to convince him FAST.
    I went through a similar situation with someone overseas and got the same thing from ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's policy with Coachella is that there is NO alternate name for will call allowed, they don't even allow to do the Ticket Exchange on their site, and since the tickets were paid with an international credit card- ONLY that person can get the tickets, oh and they won't mail them tickets when it's paid with an international card. I had given up hope until the rep said - there are always ways around it. So what we ended up doing was transferring the tickets from the person overseas credit card to my credit card, then the rep emailed the tickets to me, person overseas got their card refunded and we're all happy. PM me if you have any questions, but that's how we did it.
    Last edited by unknown; 02-27-2007 at 04:36 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Alternate Free Camping in Nat'l Forests ??
    By 3hitsaday in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 07:26 AM
  2. WILL CALL
    By richhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh in forum Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 06:54 PM
  3. Will Call collection
    By BritAbroad in forum Passes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 05:56 AM
  4. will call booth?
    By graghk in forum Passes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
  5. Call us for rooms!
    By Desert Oasis in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •