Thread: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

Default Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

Psychic Friend, or anyone who can tell me for sure, please reply to this fast. I lucked out yesterday by being the first to respond to a post offering 2 3-day passes and camping tix at cost, which basically made life worth living again. Unfortunately, my seller is in London and ordered the tickets Will Call, and an hour ago he messaged me saying that he'd been on the phone with Ticketmaster for two hours getting jerked around about whether or not the tickets could be rerouted to me. After looking at Ticketmaster's policies, I've found that they allow will call tickets to be picked up by alternate names but not all venues do. Please tell me that Goldenvoice's policy would allow me to pick up these tickets as long as I meet Ticketmaster's criteria? This is urgent, I'm afraid he may have already refunded them, and if not I need to convince him FAST.

Default Re: Crisis! Does Coachella allow alternate name will call?

We don't mind as long as you have ID matching the name the tickets are left under. In other words, ticketmaster needs to put in an alternate name. They have to do this. We dont have access to their system to do it. If your friend get's an uncooperative TM person on the phone, hang up try again until he gets a decent CSR (customer service rep). Or ask to speak to a supervisor.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

If he hasn't already refunded his tickets then YOU Psychic Friend will be treated to a special party with any combination of prostitutes, illicit substances, personal appearances by deities, sadistic torture of me and my loved ones or whatever else would get your rocks off. Perhaps a keyboard with a head cushion?

hahahhah. sounds good. the cushion part .
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Banned

This guy sounds like a tout. I'm unconvinced.

Be weary.

E

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    If he hasn't already refunded his tickets then YOU Psychic Friend will be treated to a special party with any combination of prostitutes, illicit substances, personal appearances by deities, sadistic torture of me and my loved ones or whatever else would get your rocks off. Perhaps a keyboard with a head cushion?
    i want in on this.
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

thelastgreatman

little scotland wants you!!!!

lowfront

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    This guy sounds like a tout. I'm unconvinced.

Be weary.

E

Like you

A tout? I'm intrigued--haven't heard that one before. Also haven't heard back from the seller after sending him several messages linking to this thread and Ticketmaster's breakdown of how this would work. I'm beginning to think he already refunded, or got a better offer, or was a scam (or "tout," I think?). Ahh, God, with your giveth and taketh away bush-league bullshit.

Yup, I'm shit out of luck. Apparently Ticketmaster convinced him that his only option was to take a refund, which doesn't sound so convincing. Well that was a brutal little tease. You're still welcome to that party if you want it, Psy.

Yup, I'm shit out of luck. Apparently Ticketmaster convinced him that his only option was to take a refund, which doesn't sound so convincing. Well that was a brutal little tease. You're still welcome to that party if you want it, Psy.
    Ticketmaster offers refunds now???
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Psychic Friend, or anyone who can tell me for sure, please reply to this fast. I lucked out yesterday by being the first to respond to a post offering 2 3-day passes and camping tix at cost, which basically made life worth living again. Unfortunately, my seller is in London and ordered the tickets Will Call, and an hour ago he messaged me saying that he'd been on the phone with Ticketmaster for two hours getting jerked around about whether or not the tickets could be rerouted to me. After looking at Ticketmaster's policies, I've found that they allow will call tickets to be picked up by alternate names but not all venues do. Please tell me that Goldenvoice's policy would allow me to pick up these tickets as long as I meet Ticketmaster's criteria? This is urgent, I'm afraid he may have already refunded them, and if not I need to convince him FAST.
    I went through a similar situation with someone overseas and got the same thing from ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's policy with Coachella is that there is NO alternate name for will call allowed, they don't even allow to do the Ticket Exchange on their site, and since the tickets were paid with an international credit card- ONLY that person can get the tickets, oh and they won't mail them tickets when it's paid with an international card. I had given up hope until the rep said - there are always ways around it. So what we ended up doing was transferring the tickets from the person overseas credit card to my credit card, then the rep emailed the tickets to me, person overseas got their card refunded and we're all happy. PM me if you have any questions, but that's how we did it.
    Last edited by unknown; 02-27-2007 at 04:36 AM.