Thread: The concert to bring in the millenium and world peace

Default The concert to bring in the millenium and world peace

Almost one month ago, I wrote a rough list of premier talent I would like to see at the next woodstock, a three day festival that would bring world peace and unite artists from around the world. Coachella music festival has far exceeded my wildest expectations, except for the exclusion of fallout boy and John Mayer, and they did so with lightning speed. I am just now cracking the first of many beers in celebration that coachella music festival could be this show... Will be this show! Lechiem!

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 11:14 am

Here's my list of performers I'd like to see at the next woodstock.

Lily Allen
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Panic at the disco
    Godsmack
    Kt Tunstall
    Matisyahu
    Ludacris
    Fallout boy
    Regina Spektor
    John Mayer
    Weezer
    lady sovereign
    TV on the radio
    Dave Matthews band
    Our Lady Peace
    Burning spear
    Yellowman
    Slightly stoopid
    George Clinton and the parliament funkadelics
    Deathcab for cutie
    And, of course U2

www.myspace.com/downcitymusic

Default Re: The concert to bring in the millenium and world peace

Fallout Boy gives me the runs.

Yeah, Coachella should listen to you next year and try to book some of these bands! Then it can turn into a shitty top 40 festival!

Our Lady Peace are amazing...forget loud mouth bitch Lily Allen tho...she's shockingly bad....
    Last edited by snowgirl_69; 02-26-2007 at 01:28 PM.
    I carried a watermelon??

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Yeah, Coachella should listen to you next year and try to book some of these bands! Then it can turn into a shitty top 40 festival!
    You're right, Coachella was even better at booking the bands than I was, but it's the same concept. It makes my concert look like an amateur gig, and that's exactly what I want. They did listen to me, they heard me, and they made my dream come true. Thank you Coachella.

Woah, I just realized that fallout boy is playing at day 4 of coachella. Is John Mayer playing too? I might have to hitch across the country.

I think I just puked in my mouth a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    me too.

Quote Originally Posted by snowgirl_69 View Post
    Our Lady Peace are amazing...forget loud mouth bitch Lily Allen tho...she's shockingly bad....
    I loooooooove our lady peace. They are amaaaaaaaaaazing live. Best shows I ever went to in Providence. If any sociopaths want to give me a ride across the country, I could catch a train anywhere between New York and Chicago.

This just in: Fallout boy is not playing at the concert. I do not need a ride across the country. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Amdammer View Post
    Almost one month ago, I wrote a rough list of premier talent I would like to see at the next woodstock, a three day festival that would bring world peace and unite artists from around the world. Coachella music festival has far exceeded my wildest expectations, except for the exclusion of fallout boy and John Mayer, and they did so with lightning speed. I am just now cracking the first of many beers in celebration that coachella music festival could be this show... Will be this show! Lechiem!

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 11:14 am

Here's my list of performers I'd like to see at the next woodstock.

Lily Allen
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Panic at the disco
    Godsmack
    Kt Tunstall
    Matisyahu
    Ludacris
    Fallout boy
    Regina Spektor
    John Mayer
    Weezer
    lady sovereign
    TV on the radio
    Dave Matthews band
    Our Lady Peace
    Burning spear
    Yellowman
    Slightly stoopid
    George Clinton and the parliament funkadelics
    Deathcab for cutie
    And, of course U2

www.myspace.com/downcitymusic
    Quite possibly the WORST set-list I have ever seen in my entire life...Bands like that definately dont belong at Woodstock being that a great majority of them either A. Arent talented for shit, or B. Got big and play their music for money(if its even their own music). Woodstock, and Coachella for that matter are all about the MUSIC and it being a soulful experience, not something that was slapped together by some dude who writes music for poppy ass douche rock bands...Submit another one like that and I can guarantee you will be on alot more peoples shit list than you already are...

Quote Originally Posted by Thickfreakness21 View Post
    Quite possibly the WORST set-list I have ever seen in my entire life...Bands like that definately dont belong at Woodstock being that a great majority of them either A. Arent talented for shit, or B. Got big and play their music for money(if its even their own music). Woodstock, and Coachella for that matter are all about the MUSIC and it being a soulful experience, not something that was slapped together by some dude who writes music for poppy ass douche rock bands...Submit another one like that and I can guarantee you will be on alot more peoples shit list than you already are...
    Ill make one correction on that, John Mayer is a very talented guitar player, f-in amazing with the blues...Along with John Frusciante of the Chili Peppers, that would be the only talent on that list, doesnt mean the music is good though...Carter Beauford is good too...

Quote Originally Posted by Thickfreakness21 View Post
    You are talking about the Red Hot chili peppers, George Clinton, KT Tunstall, Regina Spektor, John Mayer, Burning Spear, Yellowman, OLP, and U2. Watch yourself. I wouldn't expect an industry sellout to recognize good live music. The problem with the list isn't that there isn't enough talent on it, it's that it isn't long enough. I wouldn't even want to be at this concert if there's spoiled brats like you at it. Piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Amdammer View Post
    You are talking about the Red Hot chili peppers, George Clinton, KT Tunstall, Regina Spektor, John Mayer, Burning Spear, Yellowman, OLP, and U2. Watch yourself. I wouldn't expect an industry sellout to recognize good live music. The problem with the list isn't that there isn't enough talent on it, it's that it isn't long enough. I wouldn't even want to be at this concert if there's spoiled brats like you at it. Piss off.
    Hey douche man, if you were able to read you would see that I corrected myself when I said that there was NO talent on that list...I enjoy listening to John Mayer's as well as John Frusciante's guitar playing...I also said that Carter Beauford(DMB) was a very talented drummer, other than that, I saw that it was the lamest set list ever for a potential Woodstock..

Red face Re: The concert to bring in the millenium and world peace

Well my friend, then what is your problem? Lily Allen? If you are too much of a wuss to be able to handle her vinegar then you don't deserve your place on the scene. The English pop bands are popular because they have real talent, and I would kill to be able to see them in a concert with Rage against the machine. So what's your problem? Kt Tunstall? She can rock live. She can really play, and her act is spot on. Check it out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7BasZwjDw

All of those bands are on there because I believe that they could rock the stage, except for panic at the disco, who I added on so that fallout boy could have someone to hang out with. There's a new wave of music coming through and you'd better make way.

me too!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer