Thread: 1st Time Coachella Advice - Procrastination

Hybrid View

Default 1st Time Coachella Advice - Procrastination

First, I just want to say: Don't worry, I'm not here to beg for your camping spot. Me and my 2 friends have come to accept that we're not going to be camping comfortably due to our procrastination.

Instead, I want to ask what other people have done in this situation. All other camping spots (Lake Cahuilla, etc.) all seem to be fully reserved so it doesn't seem like that's an option. I've heard that their is a Walmart nearby that allows 24 hour parking. Is this a good alternative? What do you suggest for showers? Will the desert heat turn our car into a toaster and burn us alive? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: 1st Time Coachella Advice - Procrastination

what about the nearby truck stops mentioned on the direction / travel page? they have showers.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

The do-lab has water misters. Shower problem solved.

get adopted by some nice people, that's what i did

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZIN View Post
    get adopted by some nice people, that's what i did
    I wish I could get that lucky, but between all the rapechella posts and the borderline-extortion money people are asking for, it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by seasponge View Post
    the borderline-extortion money people are asking for
    please report any posts of people scalping. scalping is not tolerated
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Showers? who needs showers?!
    Last edited by billtino; 03-31-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

If you keep looking you can find people. I'm sharing my spot with 5 other people, and I'm not even charging them anything. Some people are just lame I guess. I think its really rude that people who have a 50 dollar camping spot all to themselves, would try to charge people to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by subby33 View Post
    If you keep looking you can find people. I'm sharing my spot with 5 other people, and I'm not even charging them anything. Some people are just lame I guess. I think its really rude that people who have a 50 dollar camping spot all to themselves, would try to charge people to join them.
    Subby33 you hit the nail on the head and I totally connect with your mindset . If I could pack 1000 of you campless folks into my spot I would and not even charge a dime. I like to think the simple fact you would be willing to grace us with your company and entertain us with your bubbly personalities would be more than enough. The fact that I am renting some insignificant 10x30 square of land because some nonsense paper ticket tells me I "own it" is bullshit. Did anyone's English teacher make then read Grapes Of Wrath? Those poor souls trekked across this great land much like J.C. our lord in heaven and look at the treatment they got.

Perhaps I'm out of line, quite possibly sickened by the deviant human condition some "philanthropists" thrive in, but I don't garner any satisfaction from exploiting my fellow human being and I will continue to resist these colossal self centered assholes until I cease to be.

Sorry to rant Professor wants to help, like Subby33, and is perplexed by this foul behavior.

First, I just want to say: Don't worry, I'm not here to beg for your camping spot. Me and my 2 friends have come to accept that we're not going to be camping comfortably due to our procrastination.

Instead, I want to ask what other people have done in this situation. All other camping spots (Lake Cahuilla, etc.) all seem to be fully reserved so it doesn't seem like that's an option. I've heard that their is a Walmart nearby that allows 24 hour parking. Is this a good alternative? What do you suggest for showers? Will the desert heat turn our car into a toaster and burn us alive? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    We camp at lake cahuilla (our site is full otherwise I would offer) but they have an overflow site that is first come first serve so if you get there thurs early enough you might get a spot.

I don't think you've check all the campgrounds yet. The one I'm staying at in Idyllwild is still pretty empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy024 View Post
    I don't think you've check all the campgrounds yet. The one I'm staying at in Idyllwild is still pretty empty.
    O rly? You mind elaborating?

If I were in that situation, I'd check and see whether the campsites at Joshua Tree are full; it's likely that at this time of year they aren't, and it's close enough that the commute would be tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    If I were in that situation, I'd check and see whether the campsites at Joshua Tree are full; it's likely that at this time of year they aren't, and it's close enough that the commute would be tolerable.
    I had checked before and they're all full, unfortunately.

Banned

what is to stop people from walking into the campgrounds and just staying in there for the night every night? even if they don't have a camping spot..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy024 View Post
    thanks for this info i just booked my spot. cant wait to camp in idyllwild for coachella!

also if you get bored you can go rock climbing.
    2011: Dragonette, Now Now Every Children, Pyramid, Goldfrapp, Felix Cartel

We've been adopted! So it looks like we get to enjoy Coachella with On-Site camping! Hooray! Thanks for all the advice everyone (even if I'm not going to use it, someone else might). Next year, I will be sure to not procrastinate and buy a camping spot and I shall help another poor Coachella virgin haha. Thanks again.

Lurker

I am renting my RV (including transportation to/from Orange or LA County to the festival). I am charging $50/person per night and planning to park the RV in the main parking lot during the day and at Walmart at night. See my post below for more details...

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38849

PM or email me if interested, and lets get your camping issues solved!

Todd
    todd@adventures-to-go.com