Thread: Travel question

Unhappy Travel question

Just wondering if anyone can tell me my best option for getting from the palm springs airport to coachella. I'm meeting up with friends who will already be at the campsite and just found out that once your car is in, it can't leave so they won't be able to pick me up I'm on my own

Default Re: Travel question

Taxi
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

A cab is $50
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

go to sunline.org and print off the bus schedules for lines 111 and 90, line 111 goes from palm springs to indio, it takes 90 minutes, and line 90 goes from indio to coachella, its takes 30 minutes, and both buses only cost $1! hopefully the lines wont be too long, but thats what we're doing

Make a sign and stand near the rental car pick up in the airport

Dooney - You do know that the festival is actually in Indio, not Coachella, right?

Post on the message board, find 3 other people in your same situation getting in at about the same time as you, and split a cab.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Good Idea^^^

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Post on the message board, find 3 other people in your same situation getting in at about the same time as you, and split a cab.

Yes... the carpool section
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2014 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

What time and day are you flying in? I'll split a cab with you. PM me.

We'll be flying in Friday around noon, so time will be an issue for us as we want to get to the fest asap. The bus taking 2 hours seems like a little much, how much faster would a cab be?

Also we'll need to stop and get supplies, so I'm thinking a cab might be a better idea (~$50 split 4 ways is nothing anyways...). Does anyone know of a good place we can stop along the way? I've done a little googling and found a Wal-mart on 34500 Monterey Ave, but if there's a better place it would be good to know!

Thanks and sorry for hijacking your thread :O

the cab is more likely to be in the 80 dollar range. the airport is small and it is obvious who is going out to the fest the sign is a good idea as well. i got to burningman from reno from a lady i met on the plane one year. the walmart on Monterey is right on the 111 from palm springs you have to drive by it to get there

$80 still isn't too bad. Hitchhiking sounds like a good idea, but I doubt someone would have room for 4, and even if we did split, I'm sure everyone has their own plans (we'll still need to buy food and stuff...).

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ellachella View Post
    We'll be flying in Friday around noon, so time will be an issue for us as we want to get to the fest asap. The bus taking 2 hours seems like a little much, how much faster would a cab be?

Also we'll need to stop and get supplies, so I'm thinking a cab might be a better idea (~$50 split 4 ways is nothing anyways...). Does anyone know of a good place we can stop along the way? I've done a little googling and found a Wal-mart on 34500 Monterey Ave, but if there's a better place it would be good to know!

Thanks and sorry for hijacking your thread :O
    That Walmart is enormous & will prob have everything you need. Also it is right off the freeway which is more convenient if your trying to save money for the cab. There is also a Costco right across the street from it. And I want to say there is a Sams club connected to the Walmart. ...not sure about that though.