Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

the way i dressed this year one would think at first glance i was a typical candy kid, probably why i was asked 20+ times for just about everything. funny thing was i was sober all weekend

i did have one seemingly close call. a girl was asking me if i had something (ecstacy i think?) but it was very loud and she was talking pretty quiet. i had to ask her "WHAT?" like 5 times until i finally figured out what she said which was "i like your hat", at least thats what it sounded like. i finally gave her a look of acknowledgement, nodded my head in approval and said "thanks!"

she then said "oh you do?", then i realized the mistake i made and quickly corrected her. i had no drugs anyway so its not like i could get busted for possession but im sure i could still get busted for sales if our miscommunication kept going in that direction. i got the fuck out of there just to be safe

old school

Enough with the close calls & cool stories bros. Who got busted/beat/tased/pistol whipped? All I can say is told ya so.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Regardless of what GV wants if the law passes in November you still cant smoke in public which makes sense (contact high).
    Not so. The ballot measure says:

"Personal consumption" ... shall include licensed premises open to the public authorized to permit on-premises consumption of cannabis by a local government.

Which is to say: it would basically be up to GV and the city of Indio.

[That said, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Indio isn't likely to be terribly liberal about this.]

I heard that the Arrests went down this year by alot. Even with the Jump in attendance.
    Oi, We're not here to fuck spiders, Mate

Oi, we're not here to head but mice, Mate

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    Snoop Dogg came out? that acid must have been great

I had a guy come up to me as I was leaving the water station and ask if i "had any extra hits." Didn't think much about it that second but a few minutes later I thought it was weird how non-specific he was.

I have a cop story. I didn't get arrested, but it certainly scared the shit out of me and ruined the first few hours (until Proxy came on and I funneled my fear into electronic rage). Honestly the whole thing was my fault and could have been avoided, and I fully realize this.
    I almost got in big trouble on my way in on Friday. I was camping so we headed in relatively early (and it was my first day of Coachella ever so I was really excited to get in fast). Basically it was totally my fault and I should have taken better precautions. I decided to take a backpack in and I had two eighths with me - I only intended to take one with me but in the hurried shuffling of stuff and rush to get in I forgot to take the other one out.
    I got one of those fancy northface backpacks with a million pockets, and I honestly didn't think they were going to check every single square inch. Boy was I f***ing wrong - the dude tore the thing apart. There's a laptop pocket in the back of the main pocket, and I had a shitload of stuff in there. He rummaged through everything and I got the shock of my life when he found an eighth that was supposed to be in my car. The security guard calls the cop over who tells me I can either go back out of the security line or he'll throw it away. I was a dumbass (I've never been in serious trouble with the law, and I got nervous as fuck once he called the cop over and felt like I was gonna puke) so I wanted to just get this whole thing over with so I just told him to toss it.
    I assumed they were done rummaging but I was wrong. He asks me if I have anything else and I say no. They opened the most obscure pocket in the front (trust me, I wouldn't have even noticed the pocket if I didn't own the backpack) and asks me to take everything out. This is where the eighth I knew I had was, but I had hid it inside of folded directions. And I had also totally failed myself as an engineer. I pull the thing out the wrong way so the weed was totally obviously inside.
    By this point I'm literally shaking in fear, and I keep dropping a bunch of shit. The cop yells at me, takes the weed, and tells me 'do you have anything else, if you say no and we find it we're going to arrest you.' I told him no, 'that's a ridiculous amount of weed for anyone to have.' I dont' have any more weed, but there are hella pills in the bottom of my cigarette pack. Luckily they didnt find them, but i've never been so scared in my life.
    He finally finishes, I pick up all the shit I nervously dropped on the floor, and find my friends on the other side. Moral of the story: don't assume they're not going to check that well (even if they barely checked shit getting into car camping the night before). and remember to bring some goddamn duct tape because not even those douchey security guards want to touch your balls.

sux to lose all that weed dude...or dudette. Recenty I've started buying Northface gear exclusively for show. It's very expensive, but well worth it.

"Do you climb mountains even in the depths of icy winter months?" "Of course, I'm wearing Northface (*points to labels").

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    I have a cop story. I didn't get arrested, but it certainly scared the shit out of me and ruined the first few hours (until Proxy came on and I funneled my fear into electronic rage). Honestly the whole thing was my fault and could have been avoided, and I fully realize this.
    I almost got in big trouble on my way in on Friday. I was camping so we headed in relatively early (and it was my first day of Coachella ever so I was really excited to get in fast). Basically it was totally my fault and I should have taken better precautions. I decided to take a backpack in and I had two eighths with me - I only intended to take one with me but in the hurried shuffling of stuff and rush to get in I forgot to take the other one out.
    I got one of those fancy northface backpacks with a million pockets, and I honestly didn't think they were going to check every single square inch. Boy was I f***ing wrong - the dude tore the thing apart. There's a laptop pocket in the back of the main pocket, and I had a shitload of stuff in there. He rummaged through everything and I got the shock of my life when he found an eighth that was supposed to be in my car. The security guard calls the cop over who tells me I can either go back out of the security line or he'll throw it away. I was a dumbass (I've never been in serious trouble with the law, and I got nervous as fuck once he called the cop over and felt like I was gonna puke) so I wanted to just get this whole thing over with so I just told him to toss it.
    I assumed they were done rummaging but I was wrong. He asks me if I have anything else and I say no. They opened the most obscure pocket in the front (trust me, I wouldn't have even noticed the pocket if I didn't own the backpack) and asks me to take everything out. This is where the eighth I knew I had was, but I had hid it inside of folded directions. And I had also totally failed myself as an engineer. I pull the thing out the wrong way so the weed was totally obviously inside.
    By this point I'm literally shaking in fear, and I keep dropping a bunch of shit. The cop yells at me, takes the weed, and tells me 'do you have anything else, if you say no and we find it we're going to arrest you.' I told him no, 'that's a ridiculous amount of weed for anyone to have.' I dont' have any more weed, but there are hella pills in the bottom of my cigarette pack. Luckily they didnt find them, but i've never been so scared in my life.
    He finally finishes, I pick up all the shit I nervously dropped on the floor, and find my friends on the other side. Moral of the story: don't assume they're not going to check that well (even if they barely checked shit getting into car camping the night before). and remember to bring some goddamn duct tape because not even those douchey security guards want to touch your balls.
    I got nervous just reading that. On Saturday this girl in front of me got caught with weed in her bag. Luckily for her the security guard was friendly. She gives the girl a stern look and tells her, "Oh honey, you got to take this back to yo car. Girl, you know better." I think Big Momma was our line guard.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

that story sucks. that is why i just always crotch it. ALthough on Saturday the security came awful close to where it was hiding, i was positive i was cooked. Luckily I never took in more than 4 joints at a time. (thank god for in's and out's)
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

I had an old broken (didn't look broken on the outside) digital camera that I took apart and stashed my weed in. I walked in every day literally holding my stash in my hand.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

I only saw one group of uc's the entire weekend. They were inside the beer garden between the main and outdoor, just inside the southwest entrance. There were about half a dozen of them milling about, so it looked like they were staging there. The more of them there are in one spot, the easier they are to spot.

I pointed them out to my wife from about 20 feet away, and I must have been loud about it, because one of them notice and pointed me out to another of them. We were leaving the BG, and they didn't follow me out, but they didn't look happy.

I didn't see anyone get busted the entire weekend.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

The safest way to smoke out is up front in the crowd of any band, they're not that dedicated to put up with the sweaty bodies, but you'll have to deal with the anti-smoke people who will give you dirty looks for invading "their space", then ask you for a hit once the band starts playing.

lowfront

are you guys really paranoid about bud at coachella? Sure buying and selling is dangerous

but walking around, having it, smoking it as long as you aren't retarded your fine.

2 cars ahead of us in the car search line, I was right there watching the search and they found what had to have been a half a pound of bud in this guys car. The security guard took it, and apologized. Security gave him a half hug and said "don't worry, there will be more inside, sorry" And he wasn't some teenage volunteer, he had a headset and diffrent colored shirt on from everyone else.

My friend was entering the main entrance and the security guard found his pipe. All he did was tell him to turn around and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    are you guys really paranoid about bud at coachella? Sure buying and selling is dangerous

but walking around, having it, smoking it as long as you aren't retarded your fine.

2 cars ahead of us in the car search line, I was right there watching the search and they found what had to have been a half a pound of bud in this guys car. The security guard took it, and apologized. Security gave him a half hug and said "don't worry, there will be more inside, sorry" And he wasn't some teenage volunteer, he had a headset and diffrent colored shirt on from everyone else.
    yeah because having half a pound of "bud" is gonna make anyone go, oh shucks more inside.

I have seen people get fucked with because of smoking "bud". So yeah the worry is a valid one. I would not want to spend more money on anything after it got dumped out, because most likely when you go with enough, you dont budget for buying more.

Its not really a case of just shrugging your shoulders and say "darn"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    I had an old broken (didn't look broken on the outside) digital camera that I took apart and stashed my weed in. I walked in every day literally holding my stash in my hand.
    same here. every day i put my pills joints and other shit into a small bag rolled it up and taped to the back of my iphone then would walk up every time and pull my phone out covering the bag with my palm it was fucking hilarious

Congratulations, like thousands of other people you were able to bring your drugs into the festival. How FUCKING HILARIOUS.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

it is pretty hilarious when it is right in your hand.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Congratulations, like thousands of other people you were able to bring your drugs into the festival. How FUCKING HILARIOUS.
    no its funny because you know all the threads about how security was & how searches would be & it was nothing like people made it seem , and its funny how there i am walking through while people stress the fuck out on if their gonna get caught. ha

Oh, okay, thanks Jose. I would have assumed your anecdote was at most mildly amusing and probably not even worth mentioning , but your explanation has really opened my eyes. I now see that your particular and no doubt wholly unique way of bringing in drugs is, in fact, "fucking hilarious."

Banned

hhaha you & minogue belong in the hater olympics
    you guys will give silky a good run.

it was funny as hell to just see a lot of people reach inside either their pants or shirts to get their stash out as soon as they got through the security check.

these are funny

but why would one want to smuggle a bananna thats gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    dont be giving security any idea man.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Here is the camera I had:

Unless the guard sat there with a screw driver and knew how to pry it open without breaking it then I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Oh, okay, thanks Jose. I would have assumed your anecdote was at most mildly amusing and probably not even worth mentioning , but your explanation has really opened my eyes. I now see that your particular and no doubt wholly unique way of bringing in drugs is, in fact, "fucking hilarious."
    its so sad to see that this is the way you feel good about yourself.

Maybe you should stay out of it, since you know nothing about the history of me and Jose's rhetorical relationship on here. He knows I love (to hate) him.

old school

Good job, way to shit up a thread.

i dont fucking care about your history, you still dont have to come off as a cunt. maybe you do, because that is how you feel better.

I'm confused as to how you can so easily assume that responding to Jose in a jokingly deprecatory manner makes me feel better about myself. Or how you are able to judge in any way that I feel bad about myself.