Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    Stop scaring people.
    I'm not trying to scare anyone. If I wanted to do that I would have told you what the Indio Jail is like instead.

Thank You.

we wont have to worry about this next year people! vote yes come november.

old school

That won't really make a difference. GV decides what people can and can't bring into the festival. Umbrella's aren't illegal, but you still can't bring them into Coachella. That being said it would be awfully cool if the bill passed and they let us smoke freely next year. Although I'm sure it's not only their decision; the local gov't and police have the final say.

It always boggles my mind though: when people drink at a concert they are more likely to misbehave, and get into fights etc. People smoking weed just get hungry and sleepy...
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I'm not trying to scare anyone. If I wanted to do that I would have told you what the Indio Jail is like instead.

Thank You.
    i kid, i kid!

please do share about the jails though, paranoia kicks in for so many when they read little stories.

people people people... cops & uc's at any event. this isn't any different.

can someone clarify this for me? i've heard that if you ask a supposed-undercover-cop if they are are indeed a cop, that they have to tell you they are (if they are). basically don't cops have to tell the truth? this may just be a huge misconception...

stepup2stepout

Quote Originally Posted by ryanliamg View Post
    can someone clarify this for me? i've heard that if you ask a supposed-undercover-cop if they are are indeed a cop, that they have to tell you they are (if they are). basically don't cops have to tell the truth? this may just be a huge misconception...
    Total misconception and myths.

Yes, they do have to tell you...as they're cuffing you.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Last year I almost lit up during Public Enemy, until a kind stranger tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at the uniforms right in front of me! (They were in full unis, but one of them had his phone facing the music, ass) Also during McCartney, some white dude asked me to take some hits for $5, I stupidly said ok (my 1st chella) but he was ok. He just seemed lonely. I also rolled a fatty sitting on the lawn waiting for Franz, nothing. I was probably lucky, and I am not too interested in testing it this year. Thanks this post!

you need to watch more cops
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    welcome to [air quotes]Nor Cal[/air quotes], douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeMatic3002 View Post
    Last year I almost lit up during Public Enemy, until a kind stranger tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at the uniforms right in front of me! (They were in full unis, but one of them had his phone facing the music, ass) Also during McCartney, some white dude asked me to take some hits for $5, I stupidly said ok (my 1st chella) but he was ok. He just seemed lonely. I also rolled a fatty sitting on the lawn waiting for Franz, nothing. I was probably lucky, and I am not too interested in testing it this year. Thanks this post!
    I had no problem smoking 2 fully packed blunts at the front of the rails during public enemy last year. However for Franz Ferdinand I found myself in a k-hole.

Cops never have to tell the truth.

totally, but you have to say it in a certain way, i.e., you can't be sly about it.

so you have to explicitly ask:

"are you a member of law enforcement?"
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

blue plate special

This link is helpful:

http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_info6.shtml

But really, the best advice is: Don't Sell Drugs. (Especially to people you don't know.)

blue plate special

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    totally, but you have to say it in a certain way, i.e., you can't be sly about it.

so you have to explicitly ask:

"are you a member of law enforcement?"
    This isn't true. You can ask all you want. Just because a police officer deceives you, that doesn't make it entrapment. Check the link above for more info.

Lurker

I got my eight and friends pipe taken by a security guard during cold war kids set who said that under covers were watching me so i gave it to him. Im pretty sure he was jacking me but I wasn't about to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfizzle View Post
    I got my eight and friends pipe taken by a security guard during cold war kids set who said that under covers were watching me so i gave it to him. Im pretty sure he was jacking me but I wasn't about to risk it.
    Haha you got jacked.

There were undercovers next to VIP asking people to stop smoking pot. They were mainly looking for harder hugs..

some good person should read the article and explain it to me. truth is i am lazy.

^ cops are bad
    hide your drugs in your anus
    mexican American men over 35 are cops, therefore bad also
    if you're a hipster with a mustache you are a tool

and daft punk plays Thursday at the roller rink

Quote Originally Posted by YouthD View Post
    Cops never have to tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    ^ cops are bad
    hide your drugs in your anus
    mexican American men over 35 are cops, therefore bad also
    if you're a hipster with a mustache you are a tool

and daft punk plays Thursday at the roller rink
    haha. watch out though, cops will be wearing daft punk costumes, so don't get confused.
    -n ://redthreat.us

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    That won't really make a difference. GV decides what people can and can't bring into the festival. Umbrella's aren't illegal, but you still can't bring them into Coachella. That being said it would be awfully cool if the bill passed and they let us smoke freely next year. Although I'm sure it's not only their decision; the local gov't and police have the final say.

It always boggles my mind though: when people drink at a concert they are more likely to misbehave, and get into fights etc. People smoking weed just get hungry and sleepy...
    Regardless of what GV wants if the law passes in November you still cant smoke in public which makes sense (contact high).
    Kaaaaast

old school

I wish you could get contact drunk.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post

This guy is a fuckin pig.
    this was Sunday during Infected..2010...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by addya View Post
    this was Sunday during Infected..2010...
    Thats the S.O.B right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Thats the S.O.B right there!
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Pop View Post
    This year I had my first interaction with what I assume were a couple undercover cops. As I was walking towards the Sahara tent two people, probably in their later 20s, were sitting right in the middle of the "walkway," and predictably I completely biffed it and tripped on one of their legs. They were definitely the opposite of the undercover cops that fit the Mexican with moustache standard. The guy had abercrombie and fitch on and the girl was basically his female counterpart. I felt bad so I sat down and apologized to them.They asked me if I had lost my friends and I replied that I was meeting them at the Sahara sign, but she really didn't listen and said "Duuude we lost our friends tooooo we should all be friends!" So I assumed she was just high on Coachella love and wanted to spread it...wrong. The weird conversation continued and they offered me a cigarette, I accepted and then she randomly stated "I wanna smoke a j right now with my two best friends, let's smoke a j." Of course, I was down, and I said that we could possibly share our respective joints with each other. Then, she started saying "oh myy gooosh I'm rollinggg, I'm soooo rolling right now." That was the trigger for my "whatchu talkin' about willis" face and when I started to become skeptical of their motives. Sorry, I've rolled, seen people roll, and this chick was not rolling...and she was also not taking out that joint. I'm slowly starting to move away when the guy, who hasn't said a word this entire time, says "Could we buy a j off of you?" I immediately said no and stated that I had to go meet my friends.

Here are a couple of general tips I have from my first experience to identify uc's. First of all, notice the way they act. Coachella has a beautiful amount of love and friendliness going on and it's something I enjoy passing around, but these two were trying to love or acting like they were friendly. The guy didn't communicate in any form that he was comfortable and seemed focused on one task: asking to buy the j. Second, try to get a feel on their story. They first mentioned that they both lost their friends, but later when the guy asked to buy the j he spoke as though they were both friends. And last but not least, when anyone, no matter what they look like asks to buy anything off of you do not agree. I know most of this advice has been mentioned but I wanted to share it because these two were not the pushy, douchy type of undercover cop that I know many have encountered. They were seemingly easygoing people just hanging out at Coachella, but don't let that fool you!
    why didn't you call them out very loudly for all in the area to hear? that would have been funny! shoulda taken a pic, too, for posterity

I'm not gonna get too into it because I'll just come off as a paranoid e-tard again, but yes they are there. Some fit the descriptions we talk about here, most don't. They have the porta potties on lock down. Don't fuck around with them (or people you think are them) because you come off as a douchebag to the people around you and then the undercovers start fucking with you. I'm not gonna explain too deeply but what a few of my friends and I experienced sober on Sunday confirmed a lot of what I believed.

My moral of the story is, don't try and call out undercovers all weekend or mess with who you suspect because it will come back and bite you in the ass.

In 04 some guy came up to me in the sahara and was all"Dude... you look like you are having a blast!!" To which I replied,'Hell yes! The music is amazing!!" To which he replied,"Man, I could really use some rolls...man!! Can you hook me up? It looks like you are having a grrrreat time!!" to which I replied(while rollng my balls off mind you)"sir, I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm sober and just loving the music. Besides, I know you are a cop, so try someone else." to which he replied,"Damn, was I that obvious? What can I do to blend in?(seriously he asked me that) to which I replied," Lose the moustache." True story.
    Another fun trick I learned was at EDC last year. A friend of mine dressed up in red short shorts, a matching tank top and a matching boa.We(me, my friend and his wife)were in line for security, and he just went as flamboyent as possible on the security guard. When we got to security, we noticed the through top to bottom checks the guy in the next line recieved, so my buddy just belt's out;"FRISK ME! PLEASE PLEASE FRISK ME! I SAW HOW YOU HANDLED HIM,AND TOOK AWAY HIS BANDANA!! I KNOW BANDANAS ARE NOT ALLOWED, BUT HOW ABOUT BOA'S??!!" Waved him right through with 15 disco biscuts. His wife and I were crying laughing.
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post

Or they may just sign a contract with some shitty vendor like, Heineken, that grows shitty pot, serves it to you stale and charges you and arm and a leg for it.
    No one cares what shows you've seen, are currently seeing or are going to see!!!!!