Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

The cell phone battery isn't a very good idea. If this is lucy you're talking about then you should know it is destroyed by heat and the battery of your phone gets fairly warm. Be careful, you don't wanna ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    I usually try to ignore overfriendly douchebags who look like this.
    QFT No doubt

Don't read this thread after you smoke weed.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    haha, paranoia kick in?

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    i think that has been my problem.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Lightweights.

hahaha

The CIA is tracking your posts and they are on their way to arrest you.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    all's good, ha. i need a tard helmet too
    you need to play it up well and hide your shit in your helmet...are they really going to pull a retarded guy out of line for a secondary search?
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Most cops wear their badges on their belt underneath their shirt. Read the undercover thread people. Beware of mexican american older males. 50/50 chance of them being a pig.
    If you hadn't noticed, 75% of Coachella Valley is Mexican American, so I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that if you get arrested for being stupid, the cop will be Mexican/American. But, I think it'd be safer to just assume that there's a 50/50 chance that anyone can be a cop, and avoid being blatant about your partying.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post

This guy is a fuckin pig.
    LOL And this "pig" literally came crawling back into our tent last year after wandering down the way to see friends while I finished getting my shit together to go into the fest. One look at his eyes told me we weren't going anywhere right away and I actually considered performing a strip and cavity search on him. I kid you not, the guy could hardly form words coherently and I thought I was gonna have to apply bandages to his bleeding eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    so mexican american older males with mustaches must be really suspicious, huh?
    I don't know. You tell me...

For the record, there was a big stink recently about the busts last year, and how they handled the court cases.Apparently, since most of those arrested were from somewhere else, had never been in trouble, were college students, and only had a small amount of weed, the judge let them off somewhat easy. (If you call a $500 fine easy.) Anyway, the prosecutors appealed that descision I guess, based upon the fact that apparently, the judge can't overrule on a descision like this without prior consent from the Supreme Court. I'm guessing that to save face for our legal system looking like retards here, they'll try making up for that this year. And with the ins and outs, and the beer allowed in the campground, I'd be extra cautious if you're doing anything against the law. And, I'd stick with the 50/50 chance that anybody can be a cop theory just to play it safe. They're not gonna have an older Mexican American male walking around trying to see if people will give alcohol to a minor...they're gonna have an undercover minor going around asking. Make sense? I knew as soon as they announced the new camping arrangements that security and searches would be probably become more thorough because there's more liability involved.
    Look at it this way...GV has given us an inch by having the ins and outs. If the idiots feel a need to take a mile instead, there may not be ins and outs next year and that wouldn't be fair to those that abide by the law. Don't be idiots.

Did you feel like citing a source for your take on what happened in court last year?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    all's good, ha. i need a tard helmet too

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Cops have the right to protect & serve the people at the fest like I said. Not all of them are assholes & pigs. Afterall cops do risk their lives to do so. Cops who kick people in the head & beat them as they lie face down on the ground without any resistance are pigs! Marijuana or hash possession should not be a felony in the state of California. Especially if it your first offense. Solvent extracted BHO (Butane/alcohol hash) is a felony no matter where you go in California. The only legal hash is water or dry rubbed keefed crystals. I had both water hash & dry keef in addition to 2 bags of nugs I had purchased. Like I said you purchase multiples of anything & get caught with it you will be charged with intent to distribute. They could go through your car your tent & if you have multiples of something well your fucked. The court system has no tolerance for anything down there espcially hard shit like ecstacy which they consider meth. Look up California's state laws on Marijuana & marijuana products its a very interesting read. I still don't understand the hipocracy involved in priding your state for being so lenient on pot when its not. Its very easy for somebody to say your stupid if you got busted but until your put into a situation like mine & many others just shut up. They can search you no matter what now apparently. Probable cause is a very loose term like the one person said. They could make up anything for an excuse. I saw a gun underneath their shirt, or ther person was very very inoxicated & causing trouble. However it is still a good thing to exercise your rights & refuse a search. The cops are everywhere @ chella. Again it is big business for the local law enforcement & court system. Everything you need to know has already been covered. Yes undercovers are primarily looking to make purchases. It is your word against theres in trial & who do you think is gonna be belived? That is ultimately why I took my plea deal. These undercovers are as crooked as real criminals. Many of them are drug task force agents that are used to dealing with gang members & cartels. They work this festival & treat unsuspcting festival goers as such. I also want it to be known that I didn't mean all mexican american males at chella have a 50/50 chance of being undercover. If you are in situation where a stranger who is a mexican american male with a moustache & they are attempting to score from you then its a 50/50 chance. My previous comment came out to be a stereotypical one which was not my intention. Please note that most of these undercovers are wearing sunglasses like everyone else & they are trying to be incognito whether they are trying to look like a raver, hipster or whatever. Don't sell shit at Chela. Bring your own. Sharing should be done with extreme caution. The undercovers will not smoke with you.

Paragraphs are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    The only things I share with strangers are water and cigarettes. Anyone who wants anything else can go fuck themselves. "Oh man, that's bad karma." Fuck you and your karma bullshit, why should I feel bad that you didn't come prepared?

To those who have been busted at Coachella: you got busted because you were stupid. End of story. Be smarter next time.

/rant
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    For the record, there was a big stink recently about the busts last year, and how they handled the court cases.Apparently, since most of those arrested were from somewhere else, had never been in trouble, were college students, and only had a small amount of weed, the judge let them off somewhat easy. (If you call a $500 fine easy.) Anyway, the prosecutors appealed that descision I guess, based upon the fact that apparently, the judge can't overrule on a descision like this without prior consent from the Supreme Court. I'm guessing that to save face for our legal system looking like retards here, they'll try making up for that this year. And with the ins and outs, and the beer allowed in the campground, I'd be extra cautious if you're doing anything against the law. And, I'd stick with the 50/50 chance that anybody can be a cop theory just to play it safe. They're not gonna have an older Mexican American male walking around trying to see if people will give alcohol to a minor...they're gonna have an undercover minor going around asking. Make sense? I knew as soon as they announced the new camping arrangements that security and searches would be probably become more thorough because there's more liability involved.
    Look at it this way...GV has given us an inch by having the ins and outs. If the idiots feel a need to take a mile instead, there may not be ins and outs next year and that wouldn't be fair to those that abide by the law. Don't be idiots.
    Stop scaring people.

Quote Originally Posted by Foppie View Post
    Did you feel like citing a source for your take on what happened in court last year?
    http://www.mydesert.com/article/2010...lla-music-fest

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37974
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    The Wizard didnt resist the police, the police resisted The Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    Stop scaring people.
    yeah because that was the first post attempting to do so.

Appealing the dismissal of underage drinking charges is an obscenity. Those fucks should be ashamed of themselves.
    Coachella is a place beyond conventional geography, a time not measured in hours or minutes, an experience, a state of mind, an attitude, and a holy form of expression. The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival is an annual festival put on by Goldenvoice in Indio, CA. Please don't confuse the two.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3wulfmoonz View Post
    Why is there a much larger undercover drug enforcement presence at Coachella than other festivals?
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Because it's FUCKING INDIO. Once you get about 50 miles from the ocean, California is a pretty conservative place. Farmers, truckers, and retired old folks don't often take kindly to drugged out festival-goers
    not only that but traffic tickets, drug busts, etc. are a big money-maker for any small town/city. the coachella festival for the city of indio is similar to Christmas season for retailers.

who said this year is going to be the big under-aged drink bust year?

I'm going to be a little paranoid in the campgrounds ...no beer for strangers... do i have to check ID? lame

Yeah, it's unfortunate that I'm feeling like being stingy is the way to go. I know if I have a few drinks I'll have to keep my friendliness under control, which could be hard to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    Yeah, it's unfortunate that I'm feeling like being stingy is the way to go. I know if I have a few drinks I'll have to keep my friendliness under control, which could be hard to do.

3. THE FUCKING Mustache!
    If you see a stache...Lope your shit
    This is funny, because I have a mustache that I'm really proud of right now and that I've grown especially for Coachella (to be shaved afterward or else the woman will go nuts).

I kind of hope people think I'm a narc, and maybe that the narcs think I'm a fellow narc, so that when I'm tripping balls I get left alone. If you see a guy w/ aviators & a stache & lots of chest hair visibly shrooming, that's probably me and not a cop - and when I ask you for a hit of your joint, please be friendly.

narc
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedesert View Post
    This is funny, because I have a mustache that I'm really proud of right now and that I've grown especially for Coachella (to be shaved afterward or else the woman will go nuts).

I kind of hope people think I'm a narc, and maybe that the narcs think I'm a fellow narc, so that when I'm tripping balls I get left alone. If you see a guy w/ aviators & a stache & lots of chest hair visibly shrooming, that's probably me and not a cop - and when I ask you for a hit of your joint, please be friendly.
    tool.
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

i better wax my mustache..

old school

I was at the main stage in the late afternoon, and I had just finished smoking a joint with some buddies when this guy comes up to us, asking "where's the bud at guys?" trying to act all cool and shit. It was obvious he was Narc: he was wearing pretty much all merchandise from the event (shirt, hat, etc...)with a brand new Coachella bag with nothing in it and a couple wristbands that looked like they were all-access or something similar. We simply told him we didn't have any, while he continued to ask people around us for weed. Unfortunately the safest way to not get caught is simply to not share. Which, sucks cause I'm all about sharing, but it's not worth getting kicked out of Coachella and spending the night in jail...
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    I was at the main stage in the late afternoon, and I had just finished smoking a joint with some buddies when this guy comes up to us, asking "where's the bud at guys?" trying to act all cool and shit. It was obvious he was Narc: he was wearing pretty much all merchandise from the event (shirt, hat, etc...)with a brand new Coachella bag with nothing in it and a couple wristbands that looked like they were all-access or something similar. We simply told him we didn't have any, while he continued to ask people around us for weed. Unfortunately the safest way to not get caught is simply to not share. Which, sucks cause I'm all about sharing, but it's not worth getting kicked out of Coachella and spending the night in jail...
    wouldnt it be spending the remainder of the weekend in jail? but that does suck and that is my motto at coachella, no sharing.