Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

This thread has made me paranoid about trying to sneak in a J and smoke it on the festival grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    This thread has made me paranoid about trying to sneak in a J and smoke it on the festival grounds.
    the boards opinion vs actually being there are two completely different things. all these morons are getting caught for being obvious. i walk around with a joint 24/7 practically, i'm FREE.

*knocks on wood*

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    are you on drugs now?
    Lol no I have just been playing call of duty too much to save money for coachella. I think I am losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post

My word of advice for everyone. Take a smokeless pipe that you can throw away real quick. It will cut the smell down and make you less noticeable.
    Did you invent this!?

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    The only things I share with strangers are water and cigarettes.

/rant
    You share water with strangers!? That is disgusting.

I have heard of Vaporizers, but never the disposable kind. Maybe he is just super rich.

charlize knows whats up...

the apple was our primary piece last year, after loosing my glass one.
    weekend one

do you people really think that undercovers have to tell you if you ask if they're a cop? How would any undercover operation ever work under any circumstances? Do you think cops would really put their people into harms way, trying to infiltrate drug dealing operations, gangs, etc. if all the people had to do were simply ask them if they were a cop?
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    are you on drugs now?
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sonybonez View Post
    I love how you can see him staring you down through those shades
    Quote Originally Posted by Risingson View Post
    Yes, he's definitely staring you down with pure hate in that eye ball. He hates the fact he has to work and be in the presence of all these weird hippies and listen to this terrible music(although he may like Coheed and Cambria this year.) This guy can't wait until he and his friends meet their quota of 150 arrests that night so he can go home and laugh with the other bacon about how stupid people can be, and how easily someone who's on drugs and having a good time can be talked into selling their drugs just to get the annoying bastards away.. It's a joke to them. Being at these festivals and getting people to sell their one extra e pill isn't helping them win the "drug war".. It's all about money, and they will take as much of it from you as they can.
    I've seen this jerk hanging with the hippies on the corner before.
    I think he really might be one of "them".

Dude, you have got to be kidding. That guy can't be a cop! Narc's are always white old fucks with generic t-shirts, cargo shorts and running shoes with black socks. Did this dude fuck you over and now you want to label him a cop? Come on, if this dude really is a cop then everyone out there will be cops.

Banned

you join just to post that?? ^

Quote Originally Posted by lub2party View Post
    Dude, you have got to be kidding. That guy can't be a cop! Narc's are always white old fucks with generic t-shirts, cargo shorts and running shoes with black socks. Did this dude fuck you over and now you want to label him a cop? Come on, if this dude really is a cop then everyone out there will be cops.
    joke's over, that's him, the poster.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Benm1024 View Post
    ~Last year me and some buddies were sitting in a circle inside the festival grounds out in the middle of some open grass smoking a j and 3 uniformed cops came up and asked if we had a prescription for it. we asked why we needed a prescription to smoke cigarettes, and the cop said to put it out and not be so obvious.
    Is it possible that my prescription/papers could bail me out, if need be?

you should have read the legislation and know this by now. the short answer is if a cop REALLY wants to be a dick then no

I pulled this out of an old thread its from a few years ago but helpful, anyone could be a undercover, just use your whits. If anyone asks for something, say no, dont be friendly, no matter how friendly they seem

also, if your going to be friendly, BE friendly, if not sure about someone just be prying, ask questions, notice things(1 person with a camping wristband, 1 without), dont second guess yourself, better safe then sorry.

Sitting in the police holding area(before they ship you off to riverside county), you can get a good look at whats going on, what they look like, what there looking for...the whole shizz

Quote Originally Posted by arandomshape View Post
    Ive been going for the past 5 years and never had a problem and i bring my own stuff, i always keep my smoke in the crowd and use pre rolled joint/spliffs split up among my friends(usually 3-4 a piece). Once night dawns its easy doing whatever your fix is, but in the day keep it low key, its too frickin hot anyways.

Well i was unfortunate (stupid) enough to get in trouble last year during darkside, but i can tell you how it usually goes down

first off, undercovers work singles or in pairs of two (2 guys, 2 girls, or couples), they are trained for this work and put some time into their looks/act, they will be fat/skinny old/young mohawks, beards/goatees, hair dyes, whatever it takes, its there job. Same goes for the 3-5 arresting officers surrounding the first 2, they are hard to spot.

second, from everything i know and have seen/heard, they will not try to sell you drugs, thats to easy (ha), but they will try to get you to sell them some, whether it be a bud, or a disco biscuit. selling is selling and that's who they go for. Even if you just throw them a bud for free, its still supplying and they would still arrest you. Also if approached when smoking you still run the risk of being searched but if its only the joint they probably wont do anything, once again, everyone's smoking, there looking for dealing.

Campgrounds are pretty safe but there still out their and they will approach you to buy, not to sell so just play it safe and don't be stupid with your shit.

They will judge you by appearance/act/smoking, its profiling, they can't approach everyone they just pick based on suspicions or even randomness. DONT BE STUPID

Entrapment has gray areas, especially when it your word against theirs. If they were to force the money into your hand for something, that's clearly entrapment but you still have to build your case in court (witnesses/details). Otherwise, your pretty much fucked, riverside police do a mandatory 90-180 days or shit load of community service for coachella providers (sellers)

And no, they don't have to tell you there a cop, this is a proven myth.

Bottom line, BRING YOUR OWN FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ONLY!!! the hassle of looking for shit there is not worth it

see you on the grounds, play it safe kiddies
    Last edited by arandomshape; 04-02-2010 at 07:36 PM.

this really sucks for us that are flying in .. all we can do is pick up liquor when we get there and this is making it seem hard to pick up other goodies from people at the fest which we aren't bringing on the plane

Quote Originally Posted by sgilch View Post
    this really sucks for us that are flying in .. all we can do is pick up liquor when we get there and this is making it seem hard to pick up other goodies from people at the fest which we aren't bringing on the plane
    you can smuggle stuff on a plane easy though. sure the risk is greater but if you want it, you'll be able to manage it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Don't have to since the San Diego board is gone, meaning I won. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by absoluteimp View Post
    Clusterfuckchella is right on the money. I'll stick to EDC thanks. :/

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    do you people really think that undercovers have to tell you if you ask if they're a cop? How would any undercover operation ever work under any circumstances? Do you think cops would really put their people into harms way, trying to infiltrate drug dealing operations, gangs, etc. if all the people had to do were simply ask them if they were a cop?
    My world just got a little bit smaller.
    Coachella is a place beyond conventional geography, a time not measured in hours or minutes, an experience, a state of mind, an attitude, and a holy form of expression. The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival is an annual festival put on by Goldenvoice in Indio, CA. Please don't confuse the two.

Quote Originally Posted by F/O/X/Y/5 View Post
    Ha, Nice dis on Coheed and Cambria. I like witty dis's
    Thanks.. But I think I may have been a little harsh with CandC..

Quote Originally Posted by travolta View Post
    you can smuggle stuff on a plane easy though. sure the risk is greater but if you want it, you'll be able to manage it.
    better than buying at the fest where youll either get caught or sold bunk shit

Lurker

Talking FUCK THE POLICE

I saw this guy in front of me get taken down by two NARCs...... in the Sahara Tent...
    they were both wearing black tank tops and tan khaki shorts .....and had straw fedora's..... they were basically dressed up like twins....

they did have back stage pass wristbands
    and they both pulled their necklace badges when they arrested the guy

It is easy to spot these fools!

1. They look out of place!
    these two were not dancing...just scanning the crowd.... rule of thumb....if you are in the Sahara tent and you see someone who is not dancing....assume they are a NARC!

2. Anyone in a Heineken shirt....that asks you about drugs is a cop!
    I have been asked several times for "ecstasy pills" by older guys in Heineken shirts.... THESE ARE COPS! Heineken is a sponsor of coachella...so all the undercover cops get free shirts....

3. THE FUCKING Mustache!
    If you see a stache...Lope your shit

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by spencer891; 04-05-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travolta View Post
    any tips? already have 4 doses hidden behind the battery in my cell but as far as a bag of green goes I am paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

yes, any good tips ? i would consider this as well

Yes, please post tips. Because nobody from GV is ever going to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    Yes, please post tips. Because nobody from GV is ever going to read this.
    We were talking about a plane, not getting in the gates
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

GV is everywhere man!

*Yeah....I just saw that. Excuse me while I go put my 'tard helmet back on...

all's good, ha. i need a tard helmet too

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    any tips? already have 4 doses hidden behind the battery in my cell but as far as a bag of green goes I am paranoid
    My recommendation is to ship it and pick it up here. Grab a jar of peanut butter and shove your sack in it, completely covers up the smell. I've done it a few times from cali to boston without issue.

nice call on the cell phone trick, BTW