Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 161718192021

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

I went First Weekend.

I saw two guys getting arrested in the Do-Lab right next to me after they had sold some dude something. Three undercovers were on them like no other, poor guys weren't even resisting. I felt like taking off all my clothes and causing a distraction, but maybe that was the LSD.

I was asked atleast five or six times for coke, a few for molly and I was offered drugs tons of times! But I never sold anything just because I was paranoid. Undercovers are super easy to identify; they are wearing cargo shorts, loked, have backstage wristbands, and sunglasses and are scanning the crowd. Usually in pairs. The other kind of undercovers are higher up then they are in the Police chain, usually wearing khaki slacks and a button up bohemian t shirt. Usually they have ear-pieces and radios. And they are always over 20 years old at least.

Then there are normal cops, and you would have to be spun as all hell to not realize them.

There presence definitely killed some of the energy for me, but mainly it was just custy ass holes who think it's perfectly fine to push all the way to the front of a crowd only to squeeze right in between you and the person next to you.

I was asked one time for drugs by a camping neighbor. I don't understand how so many get asked so often in the campgrounds, I was mistaken for a burner so many times yet I wasn't hassled for drugs once besides the time a friend referred a neighbor to me
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

I was up front in the guest viewing area at Dre and Snoop and noticed the guy to my left had a radio tucked into his hoodie that he kept trying to listen to by leaning his head onto his shoulder. He blended in very well and was a total boner-kill.
    Coachella - '12 --- Lollapalooza - '08 --- Sasquatch - '06, '09, '10, '11
    Friday: M83 : Explosions in the Sky : Amon Tobin
    Saturday: Radiohead : Flying Lotus : tune-yards : Childish Gambino : The Shins : Jeff Mangum : Godspeed You! Black Emperor : SBTRKT
    Sunday: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg : DJ Shadow : At the Drive-In : Beats Antique : The Weeknd : Girl Talk :

I sitting alone against the barrier between the food area and the Outdoor Theater, and this guy who is about 24-25 comes along with this big old plastic bag full of blunts and asks me if I want to buy. To be honest, I really did-- but I had no money. And it's like... how could you sneak in a giant bag of blunts? He gave me his number, and I didn't call it just in case. There were plenty of other people around me and he didn't go to them for some reason.
    Coachella 2010 | 2011 | 2012 Week 1 | 2012 Week 2

last.fm | tumblr

Spotted a couple undercovers, earpieces gave a couple away and the others were just too obvious with their condo. You have to either be very bold or a cop to walk through the middle everyone's camp asking them if they need "hash nuggets". Others probably slipped by, the fact that i don't do any drugs probably kept me out of trouble though.
    Last edited by Kindoy; 04-23-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Lurker

I got separated from my two friends on Friday and it turned out that they had tried to buy pills off an undercover. Handed over the money and everything so they got arrested

Quote Originally Posted by snafflebit View Post
    I got separated from my two friends on Friday and it turned out that they had tried to buy pills off an undercover. Handed over the money and everything so they got arrested
    If true, your friends may have an entrapment defense to their arrest if they did not initiate the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by elara View Post
    I sitting alone against the barrier between the food area and the Outdoor Theater, and this guy who is about 24-25 comes along with this big old plastic bag full of blunts and asks me if I want to buy. To be honest, I really did-- but I had no money. And it's like... how could you sneak in a giant bag of blunts? He gave me his number, and I didn't call it just in case. There were plenty of other people around me and he didn't go to them for some reason.
    If an undercover comes up to you and offers to sell without you initiating the illegal transaction, that is entrapment and a violation of your 5th Amendment right against self incrimination.

I was in the Sahara doing Porter Robinson yesterday. This guy came up next to me wearing a shirt, shorts, and looked like a typical bro. Then he raised his right forearm to his ear and next to all his kandi was a small portable walkie talkie. I definitely avoided him after that.

2 security cops walked into our campsite while we were rolling joints and demanded all of our pot and threatened to raid our tents with drug dogs and kick us out. one of them was holding a glass bong that they had taken from another group.

we ponied up our bag of weed and the j's we rolled. they didn't believe us and demanded the rest of our weed (that was all we had). After explaining to them that we gave them all of our pot they looked at us and said..."haha just kidding, here's your pot back. next time burn in the tents."

my friend turned to one of them and said "you just scared the fucking shit out of me" and after they made us pour our liquor into plastic bottles they went on their way

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Man View Post
    I was in the Sahara doing Porter Robinson yesterday. This guy came up next to me wearing a shirt, shorts, and looked like a typical bro. Then he raised his right forearm to his ear and next to all his kandi was a small portable walkie talkie. I definitely avoided him after that.
    That night several bros were busted by the bro cops.

As I walked in on Sunday of weekend 2 to see Santigold, I saw a kid in handcuffs being walked somewhere by a bigger dude, black tshirt and black shorts, sunglasses, basically the standard "narc" look that's been described on these boards before. As he was walking him somewhere towards one of the stands by the ferris wheel, he allowed him to stop and talk to his friends who all looked like they didn't give a shit that their friend was getting arrested, it was the weirdest thing.

On Friday our group wanted to see SHM and I was not about it, so I went dolo to see Amon Tobin. We had walkie-talkies with us so that our group could find each other easily (they were the kind the cops walk around with). I felt like everyone kept giving my dirty looks the whole time I was alone, and I just couldn't figure out what I was doing to give off a bad vibe. Guess I looked like a Narc with my Radio, sorry everyone, I was to messed up to realize.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

If you haven't learned by now....DON'T SELL DRUGS AT COACHELLA.....

if you have extras and want to give them away...you'll be fine....if you go to sell...they're hunting for you.

seriously....if you are there for the music have fun and stop trying to make a few bucks.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by knuthamsun View Post
    I was asked atleast five or six times for coke, a few for molly and I was offered drugs tons of times! But I never sold anything just because I was paranoid. Undercovers are super easy to identify; they are wearing cargo shorts, loked, have backstage wristbands, and sunglasses and are scanning the crowd. Usually in pairs. The other kind of undercovers are higher up then they are in the Police chain, usually wearing khaki slacks and a button up bohemian t shirt. Usually they have ear-pieces and radios. And they are always over 20 years old at least..
    Heh. So usually i'm wearing cargo shorts and a tank top and have this giant shit-eating grin on my face, and i'm over 20 ... so i risk being mistaken for a narc, is what you're saying. :{

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    On Friday our group wanted to see SHM and I was not about it, so I went dolo to see Amon Tobin. We had walkie-talkies with us so that our group could find each other easily (they were the kind the cops walk around with). I felt like everyone kept giving my dirty looks the whole time I was alone, and I just couldn't figure out what I was doing to give off a bad vibe. Guess I looked like a Narc with my Radio, sorry everyone, I was to messed up to realize.
    you should have lit up. then the forums would be ablaze with "DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT UNDERCOVER SMOKING WEED AT AMON TOBIN?!"

^ haha that is SO true. Next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Just figured out why no one has ever asked me to buy or sell drugs in 6 years...

Cargo shorts...check
    Shades...check
    paired up...check
    Over 20...yeah...
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    If you haven't learned by now....DON'T SELL DRUGS AT COACHELLA.....

if you have extras and want to give them away...you'll be fine....if you go to sell...they're hunting for you.

seriously....if you are there for the music have fun and stop trying to make a few bucks.
    maybe with weed, but a cop sees you handing out acid or pills i'm pretty sure they'll take you down.