Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

If someone ask for drugs, ignore them! If a cute girl wants to share a huge glass piece, work it out for yourself!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

VigoTheCarpathian

Don't risk it... Buy your ish outside

Edibles... that's the way to go

There were a lot of security people working the camping area this year - biking up and down lot 10 all day. I'm not sure if it was more than last year, but it seemed that way. On Friday morning, one of them comes up to our campsite asking "who owns this car?" He then proceeds to interrogate me about the "green stuff" organic fruit drink sitting on top of our car that I purchased from the Farmer's Market earlier in the morning. He takes a whiff of it after inspecting it and everything.. I had to talk some shit after that.

What the hell is the point of all the security who don't secure anything? They don't do shit but ride around looking to bust people smoking weed. (four bike security people came over to my neighbor's tent on Saturday saying they smelled weed) I thought this was a music festival..

It sucks you can't even sit in a circle and share a bowl with friends while camping at this festival without being paranoid as hell. Be careful second weekenders. Narcs out in full force.

Great post look how clean his cloths are you should have known but anyway that really sucks grea pic

I was asked so many times for drugs this year. People are stupid.

i saw one arrest in the back of the sahara on saturday. those three big undercovers who'd been hanging out there friday/saturday took down some white dude with cornrows and something in his had he did NOT want them to get ahold of. they were pretty rough on him but not excessively so as he was resisting pretty hard.

at first i thought it was a fight and my gut instinct was to break it up. luckily i realized pretty fast that they were the undercovers i'd previously seen. that would not have gone down well

anyway, they were super easy to spot but it looked like they were working with a team of girls that you'd never pick out as narcs. still cant believe people are stupid enough to buy/sell in the sahara

how hard were they on people smoking weed?

Quote Originally Posted by MazelTov View Post
    how hard were they on people smoking weed?
    they dont give two shits, if anything they will see if you will sell them some of your weed...otherwise its only a 100$ ticket
    2012w1
    2013w1

Quote Originally Posted by vertin View Post
    they dont give two shits, if anything they will see if you will sell them some of your weed...otherwise its only a 100$ ticket
    oh yeah because it got decriminalized, thats cool, i guess haha better than it being on a record.

I saw one at the ID Check booth near the Hieneken dome. I spotted him because I noticed a big chain around his neck (the one that holds their badges) and I saw his walkie-talkie radio under his shirt when I looked at him more closely. I feel like they're always wearing some sort of running shoes.

Another year with zero issues amongst my group. Actually felt less of a police presence this year.

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    I was asked so many times for drugs this year. People are stupid.
    I got approached by people looking to buy weed twice Fri and Sat, on Sun I had a girl ask for my beer garden band. I guess I just have that "come by weed from me" look about me.
    Last edited by jaisee; 04-17-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Lurker

Going to leave my running shoes at home! Wouldn't want someone to mistaken me for some douchebag cop

Quote Originally Posted by jaisee View Post
    I got approached by people looking to buy weed twice Fri and Sat, on Sun I had a girl ask for my beer garden band. I guess I just have that "come by weed from me" look about me.
    Well then apparently I look like I have the "Hey come ask me for Molly!!" look about me. On Sunday alone I was asked twice in the Sahara and once in the Do Lab.

Wasnt asked for anything all weekend. Didnt interact with security or the cops at all. Had a pretty epic stare with a drug sniffing horse at one point Friday afternoon. Punk ass mare backed down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    Had a pretty epic stare with a drug sniffing horse at one point Friday afternoon.
    o_rly.jpg
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

they can smell the mare juana.

Quote Originally Posted by exemef View Post
    they can smell the mare juana.
    ^haha that mare Juana be sniffing out the marijuana
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

wow, you explained the joke! good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    Wasnt asked for anything all weekend. Didnt interact with security or the cops at all. Had a pretty epic stare with a drug sniffing horse at one point Friday afternoon. Punk ass mare backed down.
    i want to sig this but i'm new and don't know how...

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Excellent year! Not so many cops. Easy to see vests and less visible attitude.

I was disappointed that there wasn't someone chasing the nude guy through the food court late Friday night.
    I so wanted to film some type of chase scene at Coachella!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

I'm pretty sure I didn't see/run into a single cop. I was an easy target being drunk, on drugs, chewing gum and covered in rhinestones but I got lucky.

We ran into 3 undercover dudes at different time throughout the weekend and all had some sort of accent British or Australian. The Australian dudes tried to get all chummy with us by offering us a free beer and when I told them I was from SD they all of a sudden new waaaaaaay to much about SD. Needless to say we don't do shit anyway but I thought it was funny.

Hmm sounds like what you do when you travel abroad. Go out of your way to meet people and research the shit out of places you visit. Good to be cautious but I think you were probably a little too paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by JC2011 View Post
    We ran into 3 undercover dudes at different time throughout the weekend and all had some sort of accent British or Australian. The Australian dudes tried to get all chummy with us by offering us a free beer and when I told them I was from SD they all of a sudden new waaaaaaay to much about SD. Needless to say we don't do shit anyway but I thought it was funny.
    Do you travel much...? Your post immediately gives me the idea your just paranoid as hell. When you think about it, could you imagine yourself going to Big Day Out or something in Australia and locals thinking you were a narc walking around with an american accent, seems a bit farfetched. Seems like they were just trying to party. Some of the most memorable times at coachella for me have been with my australian friends.

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    Do you travel much...? Your post immediately gives me the idea your just paranoid as hell. When you think about it, could you imagine yourself going to Big Day Out or something in Australia and locals thinking you were a narc walking around with an american accent, seems a bit farfetched. Seems like they were just trying to party. Some of the most memorable times at coachella for me have been with my australian friends.

First - Literally 3 minutes of being in the festival and walking by the DO Lab, the British sounding guy walks up to my buddy and asks if he has any ecstasy he could buy of him. WORD FOR WORD. Pretty blunt. The guy had multiple wrist bands. So no I am not being paranoid about this guy.

Second - Yea, I guess they could've been for real. It was one guy with Australian accent who comes out of nowhere and was really trying to get in on our convo and initially was really cool to chat with. Then his buddy comes in with the free beers and a ton of generic conversation about the concert. I had started to get a headache and wanted to get some Advil or something so I told my friends we needed to head out to the lockers to get some medicine when they abruptly asked if we would sell them some weed. I knew then it was all bullshit. Fortunately, my buddy who does smoke(but had nothing on him) didn't react to it and just said good luck and peaced out. I will say that I didn't notice special wrist bands, but it was so obviously generic, the whole situation.

Lastly, I may have been a little too quick to judge some peeps that stood out to me. I don't do drugs, but back in 2002 when I attended the festival my first time, I did smoke. I was a victim of an undercover and gave an undercover some weed. He tried to get me to sell it to him, and I refused. Needless to say, I spent a night in jail for possession and being under the influence. So I guess you could say I'm a bit more aware of my surroundings when I'm at these sort of festivals. These days I have nothing to worry about because I only consume alcohol, but it's something I watch out for anyway.

What a buzz kill with the pot arrest.

Jeez, an undercover scared you straight. That sucks man. REALLY SUCKS.