Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 618

Thread: Cops at Coachella

  1. #391

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    damn man after reading the first post and the fact i got booted last weekend for a roach has me sketched about smoking at coachella! not to mention i'd probably think a guy like that is just a goofy person and not a UC, fuck UC's

    ... however, that won't stop me from smoking the beautiful ganj. so tell me, what exactly would happen if they caught you? i read a few posts and i understand they'd just fine you if you had under an ounce? i won't be dealing at all over the weekend either

    also, when they catch you do they escort you off the grounds and take you to the station or what?
    Last edited by hools; 02-23-2011 at 10:30 AM.

  2. #392

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Glove compartment*, you are correct. Swype on the cellphone had it put department.
    Since it works with the cops I figured it would work with the coachella security.


    They have stash cans that work great.


  3. #393

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    FWIW, I pretty much smoked all day, everyday last year. I smoked openly in the parking lot, I smoked openly in front of the shitters, I smoked openly in the "food area," I smoked at basically every set I attended, I smoked on that little shrine thing between the Gobi and Mojave; I dont even recall being looked at, let alone questioned or detained for smoking.

    2010 was my first year and this message board had me NERVOUS. I dont know if I'm lucky, if other people just aren't, or if they're making shit up, but it only took me about half way through day 1 to come to my conclusion that A.) Nobody gives a FUCK, or B.) that its too much work for security, UC, whoever, to pinpoint who exactly is smoking the joint, to then give a fuck, and then to do something about it.

  4. #394
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,328

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bombay View Post
    FWIW, I pretty much smoked all day, everyday last year. I smoked openly in the parking lot, I smoked openly in front of the shitters, I smoked openly in the "food area," I smoked at basically every set I attended, I smoked on that little shrine thing between the Gobi and Mojave; I dont even recall being looked at, let alone questioned or detained for smoking.

    2010 was my first year and this message board had me NERVOUS. I dont know if I'm lucky, if other people just aren't, or if they're making shit up, but it only took me about half way through day 1 to come to my conclusion that A.) Nobody gives a FUCK, or B.) that its too much work for security, UC, whoever, to pinpoint who exactly is smoking the joint, to then give a fuck, and then to do something about it.
    WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE ARE YOU SETTING FOR CHARLIE AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, COACH BOMBAY?

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  5. #395
    old school LickTheLizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    chandler
    Posts
    2,563

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    You gotta think of the kids man.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

  6. #396
    Member thetello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bombay View Post
    FWIW, I pretty much smoked all day, everyday last year. I smoked openly in the parking lot, I smoked openly in front of the shitters, I smoked openly in the "food area," I smoked at basically every set I attended, I smoked on that little shrine thing between the Gobi and Mojave; I dont even recall being looked at, let alone questioned or detained for smoking.

    2010 was my first year and this message board had me NERVOUS. I dont know if I'm lucky, if other people just aren't, or if they're making shit up, but it only took me about half way through day 1 to come to my conclusion that A.) Nobody gives a FUCK, or B.) that its too much work for security, UC, whoever, to pinpoint who exactly is smoking the joint, to then give a fuck, and then to do something about it.
    EEMMMEEEELLLIIIIIOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! aka gordon bombay. flying v all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

  7. #397
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,806

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE ARE YOU SETTING FOR CHARLIE AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, COACH BOMBAY?
    No shit, this is displays even poorer judgement than the time you drove your limo on the ice.

  8. #398

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    There are so many places to put drugs in your car that it be pretty dumb if you got caught. Under the hood, under the car, in the seats, buy a couple stash cans that actually have a brand of beer on them and purchase the same kind of beer and put 'em into the crate.... You gotta be fucking unlucky or really uncreative to get caught smuggling drugs into the campgrounds.

  9. #399
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by hools View Post
    damn man after reading the first post and the fact i got booted last weekend for a roach has me sketched about smoking at coachella! not to mention i'd probably think a guy like that is just a goofy person and not a UC, fuck UC's

    ... however, that won't stop me from smoking the beautiful ganj. so tell me, what exactly would happen if they caught you? i read a few posts and i understand they'd just fine you if you had under an ounce? i won't be dealing at all over the weekend either

    also, when they catch you do they escort you off the grounds and take you to the station or what?
    I don't think anyone quite knows because the law has changed since last year - that is, it was still a misdemeanor last year, and now it's not. Which means police agencies, etc, have different policies in place.

  10. #400

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE ARE YOU SETTING FOR CHARLIE AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, COACH BOMBAY?
    QUACK QUACK QUACK MR. DUCKSWORTH

  11. #401
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,328

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    I think I'm in love.

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  12. #402

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bombay View Post
    FWIW, I pretty much smoked all day, everyday last year. I smoked openly in the parking lot, I smoked openly in front of the shitters, I smoked openly in the "food area," I smoked at basically every set I attended, I smoked on that little shrine thing between the Gobi and Mojave; I dont even recall being looked at, let alone questioned or detained for smoking.

    2010 was my first year and this message board had me NERVOUS. I dont know if I'm lucky, if other people just aren't, or if they're making shit up, but it only took me about half way through day 1 to come to my conclusion that A.) Nobody gives a FUCK, or B.) that its too much work for security, UC, whoever, to pinpoint who exactly is smoking the joint, to then give a fuck, and then to do something about it.
    Dude this. I read this whole thread last year before I went, and it was my first year at Coachella. I was all nervous, but nothing happened at all. Seemed like every time I sat down at a set somebody would pass me a joint. During Flylo's set, my friend passed around a 9 gram joint in the crowd. Granted this was during a set and in the crowd, but we were right by the rail.
    I also bought ecstasy off of a friend who was in the campgrounds, and brought it into the fest with no trouble at all. I had absolutely no trouble with cops. So don't sketch, just don't do stupid things and you'll be fine.

  13. #403
    Member Professor Null's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Hi folks, here's some anectodal evidence from last year's fest. We were directly behind this group of fine ladies in line for car camping.



    At the check the security guard pulled out a 2 foot long machete from the back seat of their car. From there things went downhill. They continued their search and pulled out a large plastic bag with curious box shaped objects wrapped in plastic foil.

    All of it was trashed. And yes, miraculously, they were only warned and allowed to enter.

    This story was brought to you by Mr. Rogers and that crazy magic train.

    Last edited by Professor Null; 02-23-2011 at 09:12 PM.

  14. #404
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    When will security realize that hipster chicks need their fucking machetes for those limes, assholes

  15. #405
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    tell me about this plastic foil, didn't realize the two could be combined.

  16. #406
    Member Professor Null's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    When will security realize that hipster chicks need their fucking machetes for those lines, assholes
    preach on brotha

  17. #407
    Member Professor Null's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    tell me about this plastic foil, didn't realize the two could be combined.
    nice try FBI. Piss off and enjoy this video.


  18. #408

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Null View Post
    Hi folks, here's some anectodal evidence from last year's fest. We were directly behind this group of fine ladies in line for car camping.



    At the check the security guard pulled out a 2 foot long machete from the back seat of their car. From there things went downhill. They continued their search and pulled out a large plastic bag with curious box shaped objects wrapped in plastic foil.

    All of it was trashed. And yes, miraculously, they were only warned and allowed to enter.

    This story was brought to you by Mr. Rogers and that crazy magic train.

    Hahaa, I was a few cars behind you guys. I was making small talk with the guards as they searched and asked what was the strangest thing they found so far and he said they just pulled a machete out of some car. He actually sped up our search cause we just chatted with him a little bit.

  19. #409
    Lurker ionman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    When will security realize that hipster chicks need their fucking machetes for those limes, assholes
    Frizzlefry, how can you tell that they are hipsters? I mean, doesn't the Audi have gears?

  20. #410
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    I thought you were just being snarky at first but then I giggle, oh and your pic scares me, I know it sounds bad to say that, but fucking look at it

  21. #411
    Lurker ionman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Dude, how can you be scared of Buckwheat? It's mu**aFu**ing Buckwheat for Christs sakes! Hehehe...that's funny.

  22. #412
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    motherfucker got a pickle...I'm scared

  23. #413
    Member thetello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by ionman View Post
    Dude, how can you be scared of Buckwheat? It's mu**aFu**ing Buckwheat for Christs sakes! Hehehe...that's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

  24. #414
    Member ENluv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A whales vagina
    Posts
    2,120

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Just don't draw attention to yourself. A lot of times when I see people that get busted it's because they are being over the top and obvious.

  25. #415

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by ionman View Post
    Frizzlefry, how can you tell that they are hipsters? I mean, doesn't the Audi have gears?
    hahah zing! i'm a sucker for hipster satire

  26. #416
    Member Bus McRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    511

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by hools View Post
    hahah zing! i'm a sucker for hipster satire
    How many hipsters does it take to change a lightbulb?

    It's an obscure number, you probably haven't heard of it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

  27. #417
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,307

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Did you scrape the mold & dust off that joke before you posted it?
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  28. #418
    Member artisticcreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!
    Posts
    572

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Hipsters don't change light bulbs! They pay people that post silly questions on message boards a smile and slap on the back to do it for them.

    Don't try and reply with an actual number! It will only decrease what little cool you currently have!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

    Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

  29. #419
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    i have a feeling were going to see a lot less police presence inside the fest this year and double the presence on the outside....

    and freeloading campers it looks like you'll have at least one more year

    http://www.mydesert.com/article/2011...chella-campers
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  30. #420
    Member blackchango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mount Kilamanjaro
    Posts
    1,979

    Default Re: Cops at Coachella

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Similar Threads

  1. Sneaking Sh*t in: My Experience of Security and Cops at Coachella
    By Jaw-naw-thin in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 02:17 PM
  2. COPS
    By marooko in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 07:38 AM
  3. Guy tasared by cops at Coachella
    By nx37602 in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 07:08 AM
  4. Cops on the way to Coachella
    By wstsidela in forum Carpools
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 02:32 AM
  5. COACHELLA ON COPS!!
    By GaragePoet in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •