Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

Guedita , is your name a play off Guerita???

Quote Originally Posted by mickflyy View Post
    Guedita , is your name a play off Guerita???
    Yeah. Kind of.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Maybe you should stay out of it, since you know nothing about the history of me and Jose's rhetorical relationship on here. He knows I love (to hate) him.
    you assume we have a relationship even if rhetorical on these boards..
    haha you just like to follow my posts and be a lil nazi
    we all know minougue has my heart.

Banned

I'm confused as to how you can so easily assume that responding to Jose in a jokingly deprecatory manner makes me feel better about myself. Or how you are able to judge in any way that I feel bad about myself.
    we should have met at coachella.. you wouldnt hate me if you met me =/ i met a couple board members and we had some great times

Quote Originally Posted by Josesativa View Post
    you assume we have a relationship even if rhetorical on these boards..
    haha you just like to follow my posts and be a lil nazi
    we all know minougue has my heart.
    The very act of responding to my post demonstrates what a "rhetorical relationship" is, Jose...I thought you might have trouble with that one.

I'm sure you are as equally entertaining in person, maybe someday we will meet and you can tell me all your drug stories and I will pretend to be amused. But minougue WILL punch you in the face.

Oh, sorry to derail the thread. My boyfriend snuck our drugs in by putting them in a small fanny pack which he tucked inside his jeans. Security didn't suspect a thing, oh god it was hilarious. Also, don't share drugs with strangers, they might be undercover cops.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

The po-po should be directing traffic around the festival instead of harassing attendees. Anyone stepping outside of the grounds under the influence would be fair game.

Banned

The very act of responding to my post demonstrates what a "rhetorical relationship" is, Jose...I thought you might have trouble with that one.

I'm sure you are as equally entertaining in person, maybe someday we will meet and you can tell me all your drug stories and I will pretend to be amused. But minougue WILL punch you in the face.

Oh, sorry to derail the thread. My boyfriend snuck our drugs in by putting them in a small fanny pack which he tucked inside his jeans. Security didn't suspect a thing, oh god it was hilarious. Also, don't share drugs with strangers, they might be undercover cops.
    no because your saying shit to me so i write back. i assume you would do the same . wtf why do you think all i care about is drugs.. sure i love them but i enjoy music more,

but ya security was chill and easy to get through it didnt seem like they were looking for drugs than more for weapons . i only got hip checked and no pocket searches all weekend

old school

this is an important thread. keep your bitchin amongst one another out of it.

"Well, we protect and serve. And we frisk."

Seems to be an interesting post. I have stumbled this for my friends. Hope others find it as interesting as I did.

Jose, maybe this will help:

reˇlaˇtionˇship n. A particular type of connection existing between people related to or having dealings with each other
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Minogue vs Jose on the Do-Lab stage please!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mickflyy View Post
    Minogue vs Jose on the Do-Lab stage please!
    im down for that. i would love to be on the Do lab stage fighting a slightly retarded girl with her helmet on. then after i am crowned victorious i shall wet all the people that are hot!

I would very possibly miss a set to see this lol.

That might actually be pretty funny to watch, not that i follow or know the "history" of them nor do I care but still sounds awesome.

For this thread though Ive never brought in drugs with me so it would not have mattered but Ive always taken out the things in my back pack and hold in my hand before they check it. Done this for every day for every coachella I have been to and not once have security even looked in my back pack. I honestly could have brought in so much stuff if I wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

amusing story: saturday night we went out to our lockers for something. This kid was yelling someone's name from that inside area where they always have the horse cops chilling over to the camping area. Mind you, this whole time there is a security guard in a BRIGHT YELLOW shirt standing around and obviously took notice. So the kid who looks no older than 16 keeps yelling his buddys name and eventually a backpack comes flying over the fence to him. He casually grabs it and of course Mr. Security Guard comes over and says, "I'm not stupid. What's in the bag?" The kid looked pretty freaked out and I really can't believe he didn't notice the guard staring at himt the whole time he was shouting that name. The first thing to come out of the kids mouth was "Um...My friend is 21..." and yea the guard grabs him by the arm and takes him away. Wow. Just wow.

shitty man. next year.....
    be safe

Too bad this thread seems to have died...I enjoy hearing the "what not to do" stories

this was and could continue to be a good thread, more stories plz

Two years ago my girlfriend and I were standing in line to get in. This short girl grabs my arm from behind me and says ... I made a bunch of weed cookies ... do you think they will let me bring them in? To which I said no im pretty sure they wont. She then asked if i would like to buy some. I thought about it for a moment then decided not to but said thanks for the offer. She then says well will you help me eat them? I said absolutely and got stoned as fuck off two cookies ... Thanks Coachella lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

This will be my first time to Coachella...I'm skipping Ultra so I can afford it. I've been to plenty of festivals but It's always good to hear how the cops are elsewhere. MORE STORIES!

Quote Originally Posted by MistaGlitch View Post
    This will be my first time to Coachella...I'm skipping Ultra so I can afford it. I've been to plenty of festivals but It's always good to hear how the cops are elsewhere. MORE STORIES!
    Cops at Coachella pretty much don't exist if you aren't an idiot. I've read this thread in the past and forget what stories are in it. Bring your own party supplies, don't be generous with them because even a gift of drugs is illegal and nothing is going to happen to you. I've never met a smart person that got busted at an event.

...it seems that, in my experience, worst-case scenario is that your goods get confiscated. never a good thing, but not that bad. and i wouldn't say that law-enforcement is non-existent. in '06 i was told to stomp out a joint in the middle of a crowd during damien marley. so yes, they are around, and apparently motivated. this particular guy went through some serious traffic to get to me.

As a lawyer who's seen both sides of a criminal case, I can say that this advice is pretty spot on:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neill-...7.html#s182278

Apart from not doing anything illegal (or at least openly advertising that you're doing anything illegal), there are basic rules of thumb to follow in any citizen/police encounter. For those who don't want to click through everything, here are the basic steps to follow if you encounter a police officer at Coachella or anywhere else:
    1) Be calm, cool, and collected.
    2) Be respectful, but firmly exercise your right to remain silent and to not answer questions you feel uncomfortable with.
    3) Respectfully refuse searches if asked (note: this will probably not work well at the Coachella gate, since you are giving your authorizaton to be searched as a condition of entry).
    4) Don't get tricked, and be careful of strangers. The police are allowed to lie and use subterfuge (as well documented in these and similar threads).
    5) If you are being detained, continually ask if you are free to go.
    6) Don't expose yourself (again, if you light up a joint in the middle of the polo fields, or start acting like the naked wizard, the constitution probably won't be able to help you much, no matter how lax law enforcement traditionally is at Coachella).
    7) Don't EVER run.
    8) Don't EVER touch a cop.
    9) Report police misconduct and watch out for the rights of your fellow concert-goers (remember, all of those recording devices can be used to capture things other than buzz bands).
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 12-09-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Maas View Post
    ...it seems that, in my experience, worst-case scenario is that your goods get confiscated.
    This worst case scenario couldn't be more incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

....that's why the statement was qualified with the whole "in my experience" thing.

wow can't believe i just read so many fucked up stories. Last year, i snuck in my 18" roor with an o on me and smoked nonchalantly outside my tent. Every now and then someone would ask for a sack or a trade and we'd do an exchange, but shit now i know better. I guess I consider myself lucky considering how fucking dumb i was....

Where are you from that you publicly exchange or sell drugs to strangers with no worry of running afoul local law enforcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

buyer beware.

Seller beware.