Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

It's called a heat index. Heat index > temp= hot as fuck

i am just saying it is still fucking hot. 95% with 90% humidity sucks shit but 95% without that much humidity still sucks.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Quote Originally Posted by beavington View Post
    ok maybe I shouldve said "hot is still hot". I just never understood that type of comment, just because it gets hotter in TN doesn't make it less annoying with how hot it could get at Coachella.

but back to the point of the thread.
    Exactly.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

butt fuck me
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

/\ you can fulfill that fantasy on Craigslist
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post

This guy is a fuckin pig.
    He's eyein ya

old school

There is always the potential for another brown acid problem. The event coordinators have the responsibility to make sure everyone there has a safe time. Hard drugs at Coachella present a potential mass medical emergency. Some bad shit goes around & well you can imagine the disaster that would cause. I'm all for cops goin after bad shit but hammering people with felonies for pot possession is riduculous. Mine was posseission with intent. They never proved the intent on me I plead. Like I said they threaten you with hard prison time for pot possession. A reason why the prison systems are over crowded & the state is broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post

This guy is a fuckin pig.
    I love how you can see him staring you down through those shades

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    There is always the potential for another brown acid problem. The event coordinators have the responsibility to make sure everyone there has a safe time. Hard drugs at Coachella present a potential mass medical emergency. Some bad shit goes around & well you can imagine the disaster that would cause. I'm all for cops goin after bad shit but hammering people with felonies for pot possession is riduculous. Mine was posseission with intent. They never proved the intent on me I plead. Like I said they threaten you with hard prison time for pot possession. A reason why the prison systems are over crowded & the state is broke.
    They do it so you'll plead and save them the trouble of actually going through trial.

The only things I share with strangers are water and cigarettes. Anyone who wants anything else can go fuck themselves. "Oh man, that's bad karma." Fuck you and your karma bullshit, why should I feel bad that you didn't come prepared?

To those who have been busted at Coachella: you got busted because you were stupid. End of story. Be smarter next time.

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

thank you for sharing your experience with us. it has been an eye opener. the last thing anyone wants is to be busted at coachella for drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedflowers View Post
    That was awesome!
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

I'm still wary about lighting a doobie at the fest. I don't want a dude in a gillie suit tackling me and dragging me off, never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    thank you for sharing your experience with us. it has been an eye opener. the last thing anyone wants is to be busted at coachella for drugs.
    and it was only weed that fucking sucks shit.

I've some dude get his stash taken from him just beacuse he hit the pipe in the middle of the crowd in the Gobi in 08. Sucks.

I also saw some kid get put in cuffs in the Sahara in 08, saw him around the campground earlier in the days and he looked like a tool on drugs but he looked like he was having fun. To be arrested while rolling must suck big time.

But in 08 the Sahara seemed like a hotbed for undercover activity. Did not like the vibe there for most of Saturday night in 08.

OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Why is there a much larger undercover drug enforcement presence at Coachella than other festivals?
    Last edited by 3wulfmoonz; 03-31-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: grammar, i don't have it

Because it's FUCKING INDIO. Once you get about 50 miles from the ocean, California is a pretty conservative place. Farmers, truckers, and retired old folks don't often take kindly to drugged out festival-goers
    Last edited by greghead; 03-31-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I'd swear I saw this guy at Coachella last year. I friend warned me last year that the cops weren't looking to bust user, but dealers. I had 2 guys approach me for a hit. They both took one (lamely) and then offered to pay me a couple of bucks, just like my friend said they would. Told them no thanks. Didn't have that much and I'd rather share. They looked so surprised. I wished them well, gave them my Art Business Card and walked away. Never saw them again. No one bothered me after that. Not like a couple of years ago, were to guys with wristbands covering their arms, kept bugging me for E just because I had an Amsterdam t-shirt on. I asked them why they were looking when they obviously had connections for everywhere in the Festival. They played dumb and so did we.

My word of advice for everyone. Take a smokeless pipe that you can throw away real quick. It will cut the smell down and make you less noticeable.

Enjoy the show!

99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Because it's FUCKING INDIO. Once you get about 50 miles from the ocean, California is a pretty conservative place. Farmers, truckers, and retired old folks don't often take kindly to drugged out festival-goers
    The same can be said for roo or rothbury. It doesn't/didn't happen there.

old school

Cops have the right to protect & serve the people at the fest like I said. Not all of them are assholes & pigs. Afterall cops do risk their lives to do so. Cops who kick people in the head & beat them as they lie face down on the ground without any resistance are pigs! Marijuana or hash possession should not be a felony in the state of California. Especially if it your first offense. Solvent extracted BHO (Butane/alcohol hash) is a felony no matter where you go in California. The only legal hash is water or dry rubbed keefed crystals. I had both water hash & dry keef in addition to 2 bags of nugs I had purchased. Like I said you purchase multiples of anything & get caught with it you will be charged with intent to distribute. They could go through your car your tent & if you have multiples of something well your fucked. The court system has no tolerance for anything down there espcially hard shit like ecstacy which they consider meth. Look up California's state laws on Marijuana & marijuana products its a very interesting read. I still don't understand the hipocracy involved in priding your state for being so lenient on pot when its not. Its very easy for somebody to say your stupid if you got busted but until your put into a situation like mine & many others just shut up. They can search you no matter what now apparently. Probable cause is a very loose term like the one person said. They could make up anything for an excuse. I saw a gun underneath their shirt, or ther person was very very inoxicated & causing trouble. However it is still a good thing to exercise your rights & refuse a search. The cops are everywhere @ chella. Again it is big business for the local law enforcement & court system. Everything you need to know has already been covered. Yes undercovers are primarily looking to make purchases. It is your word against theres in trial & who do you think is gonna be belived? That is ultimately why I took my plea deal. These undercovers are as crooked as real criminals. Many of them are drug task force agents that are used to dealing with gang members & cartels. They work this festival & treat unsuspcting festival goers as such. I also want it to be known that I didn't mean all mexican american males at chella have a 50/50 chance of being undercover. If you are in situation where a stranger who is a mexican american male with a moustache & they are attempting to score from you then its a 50/50 chance. My previous comment came out to be a stereotypical one which was not my intention. Please note that most of these undercovers are wearing sunglasses like everyone else & they are trying to be incognito whether they are trying to look like a raver, hipster or whatever. Don't sell shit at Chela. Bring your own. Sharing should be done with extreme caution. The undercovers will not smoke with you.
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 03-31-2010 at 03:39 PM.

although that undercover in the OP just looks like a tool

Haha, that's the greatest video ever taken.
    Last edited by Sublime; 03-31-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    1L☮e.

hahaha these guys are fucking awesome. ex USC alumns, check out their youtube channel. "Outrageous Fun" is my favorite

HAHAH wth was that?? so was he really that messed up or was he deliberately trying to NOT hit that J??

Quote Originally Posted by Sonybonez View Post
    I love how you can see him staring you down through those shades
    Yes, he's definitely staring you down with pure hate in that eye ball. He hates the fact he has to work and be in the presence of all these weird hippies and listen to this terrible music(although he may like Coheed and Cambria this year.) This guy can't wait until he and his friends meet their quota of 150 arrests that night so he can go home and laugh with the other bacon about how stupid people can be, and how easily someone who's on drugs and having a good time can be talked into selling their drugs just to get the annoying bastards away.. It's a joke to them. Being at these festivals and getting people to sell their one extra e pill isn't helping them win the "drug war".. It's all about money, and they will take as much of it from you as they can.

Ha, Nice dis on Coheed and Cambria. I like witty dis's

Same thing happened to us in 2008. My buddy and I were walking from the mohave tent when some guy in a heinken shirt stood between him and a gate and pressured him to sell him some bud, it went back and forth for a minute until my friend just gave him a lil bud and walked away,no money exchanged hands.. 30 seconds later he was arrested. so yeah if they are wearing a shirt from one of the sponsers thats a give a way too..

Lol ppl hate cops. Until they over dose then a actual medical team and officers to pull you out are your friends. Ha ever been to a rave where water and bananas is on stand by for over dosing. Lol and they will not call medical cause then cops can raid the place.

Quote Originally Posted by F/O/X/Y/5 View Post
    Lol ppl hate cops. Until they over dose then a actual medical team and officers to pull you out are your friends. Ha ever been to a rave where water and bananas is on stand by for over dosing. Lol and they will not call medical cause then cops can raid the place.
    are you on drugs now?