Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

old school

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

So did your case go to preliminary trial? Did they offer you that deal. I didnt exchange any money or product. I also didn't brandish anything. All it takes is a simple I got some nugs to smoke if you wanna. Thats what you get for being kind to strangers at Chella. I got stuck with a felony after shelling out 10k for a lawyer & everything. I was searched illegally which brings me to my next point. If you are in a situation with pigs at chella absolutely DO NOT GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO SEARCH YOU!!! They probably will anyway but its illegal search & seizure. They have to ask you if its alright to search you if you havent done anything illegal.

Wow, crazy. Thanks for the heads up OP.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Well that's a shitty way to spend your Coachella. It's generally not a good idea to handle substances out in the open like that.

And thanks for reinforcing that we should never trust a man in pig-tails.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    so you were selling weed...not sure how you consider that being set up. he held out money and you took it.

so i guess the tip off is if they are overly insistent on paying.
    So you revised your post before/after my reply, but yes, I ended up selling.

And the average person will! I don't know about you, but most of the things I get, I pay for. It was day 3 and I was broke... of course I'll take the cash. I wasn't selling though. Most people at Coachella aren't selling, but you might share the love if someone happens to ask.

Also, it wasn't the case that he was overly insistent on paying.. he was overly insistent on getting some nug!! haha Most people I know are the same way too!

Like I said, I told the guy 'no' three times. Legally, if I had money at the time, I could/would have continued the case further as entrapment.

If you wanna be insistent that I'm selling and I'm a dealer, then cool for you... but not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    So did your case go to preliminary trial? Did they offer you that deal. I didnt exchange any money or product. I also didn't brandish anything. All it takes is a simple I got some nugs to smoke if you wanna. Thats what you get for being kind to strangers at Chella. I got stuck with a felony after shelling out 10k for a lawyer & everything. I was searched illegally which brings me to my next point. If you are in a situation with pigs at chella absolutely DO NOT GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO SEARCH YOU!!! They probably will anyway but its illegal search & seizure. They have to ask you if its alright to search you if you havent done anything illegal.
    Excellent advice!!!

And yea, that was the offer during preliminary. I can expunge it in May to have it removed.

Sorry about you getting busted too...

Most cops wear their badges on their belt underneath their shirt. Read the undercover thread people. Beware of mexican american older males. 50/50 chance of them being a pig.

This guy is a fuckin pig.

Quote Originally Posted by jonniebgood View Post

Most people at Coachella aren't selling...
    I been to plenty of other fests and finding these things were never difficult. Is this not the case at coachella, say in comparison to bonnaroo?

Quote Originally Posted by noolan View Post
    I been to plenty of other fests and finding these things were never difficult. Is this not the case at coachella, say in comparison to bonnaroo?
    Selling isn't as open as it is at Bonnaroo, but it's still not hard to find. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about buying... the cops aren't looking to sell.. just buy.

So basically, we look for older males with at least one of the following: facial hair, hard-ass shades, bandana and, most importantly, generic t-shirt that all the kids must be wearing these days.
    Do you see what happens Larry? Do you see what happens when you FUCK a stranger in the ass?

Quote Originally Posted by jonniebgood View Post
    Selling isn't as open as it is at Bonnaroo, but it's still not hard to find. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about buying... the cops aren't looking to sell.. just buy.
    Nice.. thanks.

and to those selling...i guess the tip is just to walk up to peoples tent's and don't sell to random people just walking the fields and campgrounds. hahaha!

He looks every bit the pushy douche you stated. I think i wouldve not taken him serious as a human to even share.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

old school

Coachella is in no way as liberal as Bonnaroo. I think for good reason also. The heat of the sun provides many medical emergencies that the event has to be able to contain & prevent. Hard drugs at Coachella are a medical risk to many people not used to the sun. I don't understand why they are so harsh on pot charges in the "liberal" marijuana state that they want to be. Anyway Coachella is a fun place to be medicated & sober. You have alot more stamina to deal with the elements & get to what stages you want to get to. There are many good officers at the event also that are dedicated to help & protect the festival goers. I unfortunately had a very bad experience. There are many undercovers there to secure the health & safetry of the people & insuring that their medicaly safety is protected. Like the guy in the one thread said legalize it in novemver & bring crazy tourism to California to bring the econoy around. Anyway I recommend bringing your card if you are a California resident & having it on you if you intend to partake in medicating. Unfortunately you cannot share or offer it to anybody in any way at the event. You could puff with anybody but make sure they are way cool first. If they won't puff with you then they obviously should not be inquiring to purchase from you. Even giving to somebody is called "furnishing" you could be committing a crime & all you were trying to do was party relax & share with somebody. If your gonna bring your card & you own stash play it suave & cool dontbe obvious. Don't attempt to make friends with your stash it is not safe. Anybody selling hard drugs at this event gets what they deserve. However people trying to score some doobage for the weekend should use extreme caution. Not trying to noid people out but in no way is the "liberal aspect of Bonnaroo present at Coachella. Again it is or public safety & to prevent any unecessary deaths. But come on I had thc & that never killed anybody over a weekend of music & fun in the desert.
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 03-29-2010 at 07:12 PM.

old school

Oh & you can also be charged for just telling someone where to get something. I guess it is a type of "furnishing". So a guy asks you for some pills & you say I dunno man why don't you ask that guy who looks like hes "on E" & if that leads to an arrest somehow you will be charged in it also. Times are tough & they want to get as many charges in to support the local government. There is an article in the latest High Times on the conservative climate towards pot in the Palm Springs area. That is for medical use also I might add.

old school

moustaches are very suspcious at chella. Sorry bout all the posts just makin obsevation.

so mexican american older males with mustaches must be really suspicious, huh?

Fuck, I just realized, I look like a cop. How the fuck did that happen. People are going to be giving me the stink eye all weekend. Damn.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Coachella is in no way as liberal as Bonnaroo. I think for good reason also. The heat of the sun provides many medical emergencies that the event has to be able to contain & prevent. Hard drugs at Coachella are a medical risk to many people not used to the sun.
    It's just as hot in TN in June as it is in Indio in April
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    Even if California legalizes it, though, the initiative reserves a lot of licensing power <em>to the counties and cities</em>. So it's entirely possible that Indio - or Riverside County - will still insist on prohibiting sales, for example.
    Also, it will still be illegal to sell without a license or to smoke in public so, yeah, there will still be lots of arrests at Coachella.

Why don't all of the actual drug dealers just come up with a uniform so we'll know who definitely are NOT cops?

They actually do not have to get permission to search you if they have "probable cause," which is an extremely flexible term. Also, it sounds like you had done something illegal (whether right or wrong) before they searched you. And what was the felony charge?

moustaches are very suspcious at chella. Sorry bout all the posts just makin obsevation.

unless they're ironic...
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCthulhu View Post
    Fuck, I just realized, I look like a cop. How the fuck did that happen. People are going to be giving me the stink eye all weekend. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Maybe TN is less cop populated? That's what first came to mind when I read that Bonaroo was more liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    Why don't all of the actual drug dealers just come up with a uniform so we'll know who definitely are NOT cops?
    thats a fucking great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Yes. Add 90+% humidity to the 95 degree heat of the desert and you have Bonnaroo.

Also: Neighborhood Creep, how did you get banned from inforoo?
    Last edited by brfilora; 03-30-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by brfilora View Post
    Yes. Add 90+% humidity to the 95 degree heat of the desert and you have Bonnaroo.
    i think that is what keeps me from going to bonnaroo...oh that and the fact that widespread panic plays too much.

Quote Originally Posted by brfilora View Post
    Add 90+% humidity to the 95 degree heat of the desert and you have Bonnaroo.
    lol seriously. People who complain about Coachella's heat need to experience some humidity before they pass judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

why? Heat is heat no matter how hot it is.

Quote Originally Posted by beavington View Post
    why? Heat is heat no matter how hot it is.
    Not really

ok maybe I shouldve said "hot is still hot". I just never understood that type of comment, just because it gets hotter in TN doesn't make it less annoying with how hot it could get at Coachella.

but back to the point of the thread.