Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops at Coachella

Exclamation Cops at Coachella

Last year I was one of the unfortunate people to get arrested. I wasn't selling drugs or anything, but got set-up in a very fuckin ridiculous situation that made it seem like I was.

I'm probably not supposed to do this, but I took a picture of the cop before he arrested me cause of his raver gear and here it is.

Note that if you are dealing with an undercover cop, they will have backstage wristbands and will have a hidden badge around their necks. They don't have to tell you they are cops either.

I was smoking when I got busted by this guy with 2.8 grams but I was booked for 28 grams because of a clerical mistake.
    Last edited by jonniebgood; 03-16-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Default Re: Cops at Coachella

Shitty. That's why you don't share with strangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

ouch!

Yeah that's really lame man, such a misguided "war."

Do the undercovers working festivals like this really always have a badge on them? That seems like it'd be a pretty easy way to call them out.

Quote Originally Posted by crimethinker View Post
    Do the undercovers working festivals like this really always have a badge on them? That seems like it'd be a pretty easy way to call them out.
    Yes When they do undercover operation they like this they always have a badge but its always conceal.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

sucks that they're in the campground
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Were you smoking minding your own business when they pulled you off to the side?

Quote Originally Posted by jonniebgood View Post
    Last year I was one of the unfortunate people to get arrested. I wasn't selling drugs or anything, but got set-up in a very fuckin ridiculous situation that made it seem like I was.
    so out with it, what made it seem like you were selling? did you accept money for giving him a hit?

Yea, I wanna know more details.
    My panic attack is having a panic attack. It's called a panic annic attack.

looks so friendly too. Minnie Mouse ears hair.

Looks like a douche...
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by donkey sex View Post
    Your name made me laugh.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

Details on this story, please! And I would *love* it if we could get a nice photo gallery going of all the narcs and CI's from Coachellas past...

Quote Originally Posted by donkey sex View Post
    That hairstyle is the tip off right there. Perfectly parted and hair-gelled pigtails plus the rest of his look just does not compute.

cops always wear mardi gras beads

Cargo pants with bulges in them. The one dude I knew was a cop who asked me for a joint last year had cargo pants with big bulges. Yeah, it's really common for people to utilize their cargo shorts but it could also be a sign that they're packing something.

I usually try to ignore overfriendly douchebags who look like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Well if you guys get your act together this November, we won't have to deal with this shit next year
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    Well if you guys get your act together this November, we won't have to deal with this shit next year
    Fuck imagine !
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

The guy has an x on his shirt sleeve. lol

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    Fuck imagine !
    I imagine 2011 camping sells out in 10 days if Cali LEGALIZES IT! Partly due to people trying to capitalize on re-selling them, but seriously...

SMOKECHELLA 2011

oh, cops will still be douching up the campsite too.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by righteousdnk View Post
    Cargo pants with bulges in them.
    big bulges are the ones i'm looking for.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    I imagine 2011 camping sells out in 10 days if Cali LEGALIZES IT! Partly due to people trying to capitalize on re-selling them, but seriously...

SMOKECHELLA 2011

oh, cops will still be douching up the campsite too.
    Even if California legalizes it, though, the initiative reserves a lot of licensing power <em>to the counties and cities</em>. So it's entirely possible that Indio - or Riverside County - will still insist on prohibiting sales, for example.

I'm probably not supposed to do this, but I took a picture of the cop before he arrested me cause of his raver gear and here it is.

Note that if you are dealing with an undercover cop, they will have backstage wristbands and will have a hidden badge around their necks. They don't have to tell you they are cops either.

I was smoking when I got busted by this guy with 2.8 grams but I was booked for 28 grams because of a clerical mistake.

Typical cop in pig tails. How could you miss that one?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    Were you smoking minding your own business when they pulled you off to the side?
    if this is the case SHIT i was hoping theyre more lenient than this

old school

Most cops wear their badges on their belt underneath their shirt. Read the undercover thread people. Beware of mexican american older males. 50/50 chance of them being a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    I was with a group of 5 or so at my tent on Sunday morning before the show... we had just gotten an 8th, smoked and I was twisting up another. This guy comes up and asks if he can get some of the weed that's in front of me and I told him no, but he could chill and smoke with us. He suggests he's in a hurry to get to the first show and he just needs a nug. I tell him I don't sell, but I'll get him high for the show.
    He pulls out 20 and asks if he can just get a nug.. anything. I tell him no again, but the people in my group are kinda getting annoyed at the guy. So I tell him that I don't have a scale and if I give him a nug it won't be a gram. He says no worries, so I put a nug into the palm of his hand, he hands me the 20. He tells me it's a little skimp but just walks away. When I turn my head back, there are 4 guys all with their badges out of their shirts around their necks saying "Don't move. Cops."
    Right away, I get handcuffs thrown on me, they go through my pockets go through my tent, my wallet, everything. They also put the 3 guys in handcuffs but let the girls sit freely.
    Eventually, everyone else got released and I was taken into custody. They took me backstage and made it seem like I would get released too, but next thing I know they are loading me into a van and unloading me at the Indio detention center.
    While i was backstage, they weighed my remaining 8th at 2.4 grams and weighed what I sold at .4 grams. The paperwork said 2.8 grams but whoever booked me entered 28 grams into the computer.
    Because of the clerical error, my bond was $5000 instead of $2500 that I had to pay up front because I am from Texas and too much of a liability for any local bondsman.
    I fought it in court, but eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor of possession and a $100 fine.

so you were selling weed...not sure how you consider that being set up. he held out money and you took it.

so i guess the tip off is if they are overly insistent on paying.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-29-2010 at 04:17 PM.

I was with a group of 5 or so at my tent on Sunday morning before the show... we had just gotten an 8th, smoked and I was twisting up another. This guy comes up and asks if he can get some of the weed that's in front of me and I told him no, but he could chill and smoke with us. He suggests he's in a hurry to get to the first show and he just needs a nug. I tell him I don't sell, but I'll get him high for the show.
    He pulls out 20 and asks if he can just get a nug.. anything. I tell him no again, but the people in my group are kinda getting annoyed at the guy. So I tell him that I don't have a scale and if I give him a nug it won't be a gram. He says no worries, so I put a nug into the palm of his hand, he hands me the 20. He tells me it's a little skimp but just walks away. When I turn my head back, there are 4 guys all with their badges out of their shirts around their necks saying "Don't move. Cops."
    Right away, I get handcuffs thrown on me, they go through my pockets go through my tent, my wallet, everything. They also put the 3 guys in handcuffs but let the girls sit freely.
    Eventually, everyone else got released and I was taken into custody. They took me backstage and made it seem like I would get released too, but next thing I know they are loading me into a van and unloading me at the Indio detention center.
    While i was backstage, they weighed my remaining 8th at 2.4 grams and weighed what I sold at .4 grams. The paperwork said 2.8 grams but whoever booked me entered 28 grams into the computer.
    Because of the clerical error, my bond was $5000 instead of $2500 that I had to pay up front because I am from Texas and too much of a liability for any local bondsman.
    I fought it in court, but eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor of possession and a $100 fine.
    So you paid $100 to be back stage? Sweet.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    so you sold weed, you were a dealer...

the tip off is if they are overly insistent on paying.
    I don't deal... I sold. Do you know what the difference is?

And of course in hindsight it's obvious, that's why I'm giving the heads up.

don't sell drugs to strangers. in fact. don't sell drugs period.