Page 84 of 125 FirstFirst ... 7980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 3727

Thread: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

old school

Default Re: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

Interesting to think how all the 80's throwbacks might mean the average audience age will actually be over 25. And that's a good thing.

old school

Have there been any Gary numan rumours that aren't 6 months old.

He did a bunch of meet and greets a month ago and someone must have asked. Plus being a brit he has to book stuff WAAAAAY in advance.

I also find it curious that the October Atlanta show was cancelled outright and not rebooked.

MULTI-QUOTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Interesting to think how all the 80's throwbacks might mean the average audience age will actually be over 25. And that's a good thing.
    My first year at Coachella, the average age of people I had met was 23-28, it was a great thing
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by kayeM View Post
    I hope monklish is correct on these:

Chromeo
    Cut Copy
    Daft Punk
    Eric Morillo and Friends
    Godspeed You Black Emperor
    Magnetic Man
    Robyn
    Rusko
    Swedish House Mafia
    The Twelves

Explosions in the sky, this will destroy you or russian circles would be awesome too
    Disclaimer: if PMS makes you squeamish, do not continue.

Once again, here is the problem. Of course she's right on Robyn. Why? Because Robyn told me with her own juicy Swedish lips. She's not right. THE BOARD WAS RIGHT. The people on this board deserve 99% credit for any accurate listings. Not Monklish. Not CoS. Anyone with the ability to a) read the board and b) make logical deductions (ok, I can kind of give her Wire...EXCEPT, we've been asking for Wire since 2008 AND Wire released a press release 10 days prior to the Monklish update announcing a new album. Inside info? Or, logical deduction? Take your pick.) can put together a good list and hit the mark 75% of the time. Let's start giving more credit to the people around this joint year round that make efforts to do research, go to shows and ask bands, send MySpace message and ask bands, and all the other shit that is done around here and stop giving less credit to these music blogger "insiders" that are basically stealing speculation from here and adding in a couple of acts that they decided on by throwing a dart.

/rant
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Have there been any Gary numan rumours that aren't 6 months old.

He did a bunch of meet and greets a month ago and someone must have asked. Plus being a brit he has to book stuff WAAAAAY in advance.
    That and he announced last year immediately prior to his cancellation that he would be in this year to make up for it.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

old school

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The people on this board deserve 99% credit for any accurate listings. Not Monklish. Not CoS. Anyone with the ability to a) read the board and b) make logical deductions (ok, I can kind of give her Wire...EXCEPT, we've been asking for Wire since 2008 AND Wire released a press release 10 days prior to the Monklish update announcing a new album. Inside info? Or, logical deduction? Take your pick.) can put together a good list and hit the mark 75% of the time. Let's start giving more credit to the people around this joint year round that make efforts to do research, go to shows and ask bands, send MySpace message and ask bands, and all the other shit that is done around here and stop giving less credit to these music blogger "insiders" that are basically stealing speculation from here and adding in a couple of acts that they decided on by throwing a dart.

/rant
    yup. i made the ryan seacrest lineup last year that had more accurate guesses than monk or cos and i pulled it straight out of my ass (then monk started adding acts from my fake lineup to his blog. lame.)
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Well I think that both sites simply take from the board and go from there. The people on here are more knowledgeable than a lot of the writers on the sites. Can you really blame them for taking the predictions from here?

No, of course not. It's what I would do. It just pisses me off when they're treated like the fucking Oracles they aren't.

they dont.... CoS and Monklish probably attract more attention on here than anywhere else....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I follow CoS's Twitter feed, they are the kings of overhyping news, and everything they announce I have already read about on this message board a day before. Fuck them.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    I follow CoS's Twitter feed, they are the kings of overhyping news, and everything they announce I have already read about on this message board a day before. Fuck them.
    you are in fact proving my point.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    they dont.... CoS and Monklish probably attract more attention on here than anywhere else....
    Very true. Before this board, I didn't know or care about Monklish. Now I'm constantly going on Monk's blog just to see what updates people here are going to be pissed off about. Probably rightfully so.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

on day 2 omd, robyn and grinderman are far too low on the bill.

on day 3 wire & janelle monae should be easily on the third line.

and COS have no credibility. they just regurgitate news stories and post as "evidence" most of which don't even show any evidence.
    it's not the band i hate, it's their fans.

Hey guys.... so is that the deal?
    Monklish creates her list from the info she gets from Coachella board?

Kinda new around here.... I'm a Chicagoan and avid Lollaboarder....
    but I'm coming out to Coachella for the first time this year! Very excited!
    Trip is all booked.. Just waiting for tickets and a lineup!

I'll be honest. I read Monks blog, but obviously not for the same reasons as you guys.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteDisco View Post
    I'll be honest. I read Monks blog, but obviously not for the same reasons as you guys.
    what other reason could you possibly have for reading that blog?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    what other reason could you possibly have for reading that blog?
    I read it mostly to get an idea of what someone who is more familiar than myself with this festival is thinking in terms of lineup.

It's obvious that she doesn't work for Goldenvoice, otherwise she wouldn't have a public blog that gives away the lineup....

but her percentages have been pretty decent over the years....
    I've just never been familiar with where she was getting her information.

It's the same deal on the lollaboard btw... we can pretty much predict a good portion of the lineup leading up to it's release...

Is there a wish thread somewhere on this board?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I read COS fairly regularly because I know a couple of the people who write for them and they have music news and reviews on top of their predictions and festival rumors.

I think I have been to the Monklish blog like twice in the past year. They are far from the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    you are in fact proving my point.
    Haha, so true.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I read COS fairly regularly because I know a couple of the people who write for them and they have music news and reviews on top of their predictions and festival rumors.

I think I have been to the Monklish blog like twice in the past year. They are far from the same thing.
    As do I. Mike and Alex are acquaintances actually.
    I read CoS pretty much every day.

I won't go off on some big rant.... I'll just say that I support what they do.

People don't have to like their blog or their methods, but I think people oughta at least respect it... because their readership has grown by something like 3000% this year. Again for the 2nd straight year. Clearly they are doing something right whether some people like it or not.

/rant
    Last edited by TheCountofMonteDisco; 12-06-2010 at 08:39 AM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I'm assuming most people are just pissed at their speculation when it comes to this festival. I was griping about their front page not to long ago which I took a screen shot of because it was pretty deceptive. In bold red lettering it said "official lineup" and under the list of bands that you find out are just "rumored" AFTER clicking on the actual headline link. Other than that I think even the speculation and rumors are fun but mostly unfounded or pulled from here.

I'm not sure I get why people complain about them getting the news from here though. Their job is to provide content for their readers and if someone here posts something that seems somewhat credible...add it to the rumor list. They do tend to source this message board when they get it from here.

Coachella Junkie

CoS has a blog that is easy to read/navigate, and they generally have an organized rumor section. I don't really give a shit who finds a rumor/confirmation first. Organization is more appealing than that.

Their writers/reviews are usually pretty fucking stupid though. Their "100 best albums list" was atrocious; they don't have the credentials to do something like that. Their writing tone is also annoying. Alot of their album reviews are looked at from wrong perspectives, too. (see review for Prodigy's 2009 release)

And they have way too many articles on every little thing Kanye does. Seriously. Stop fucking writing about him more than twice a week.

summary: I will read CoS for rumor info and tour date info. Everything else is shit.

I read it mostly to get an idea of what someone who is more familiar than myself with this festival is thinking in terms of lineup.
    Nobody here reads it for that reason. Nobody.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Nobody here reads it for that reason. Nobody.
    Yeah, that's what I said.... I read it for different reasons than you guys do.

Kinda new around here.... I'm a Chicagoan and avid Lollaboarder....
    but I'm coming out to Coachella for the first time this year! Very excited!
    Trip is all booked.. Just waiting for tickets and a lineup!
    Since everyone else is jumping your shit about reading Monklish and CoS, I'll be the Welcome Wagon. Welcome to the board. Hope you love the festival as much as we do.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Since everyone else is jumping your shit about reading Monklish and CoS, I'll be the Welcome Wagon. Welcome to the board. Hope you love the festival as much as we do.
    Thanks rskapcat! Much appreciated. I'm sure I will.

I've always wanted to come, but it's difficult to make/justify the trip from Chicago.
    Everyone I know who's been says there is nothing like it and that I need to go ASAP.

The stars just so happened to line up for me this year.

Is there a wish thread somewhere on this board?
    At least 30 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I'll give COS props for having rumored lineups (regardless if they got it from here or anywhere) for 100's of festivals. Not an easy task to follow up on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I'll give COS props for having rumored lineups (regardless if they got it from here or anywhere) for 100's of festivals. Not an easy task to follow up on all of them.
    Exactly. A lot of people like to bash CoS because they do get a lot of their info from this message board, but it's not as though they bill themselves as being the ones to break the story. They do have the links to each supposed confirmation or unconfirmed rumor. It speaks to the power of this board that most of the information does come from here, yet a lot of people get bent out of shape about them reporting about anything that is being discussed here. Sure, that site has it's flaws, but as NC mentioned, it's a hell of a task to compile the information about that many festivals and each one's rumored/confirmed lineups. Also, I can only imagine that there are a number of people who may not have the luxury of time who would like to just get the list of who may or may not be playing in one place, as opposed to searching all over these boards and other sites (Windish, for example).

Also, for what it's worth, Rolling Stone has been citing articles on CoS lately, so take that for what it's worth.

Anyway, enough of me playing Devil's Advocate today...
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.