Page 80 of 125 FirstFirst ... 7576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 3727

Thread: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

Default Re: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I'm pretty sure she actually mentioned both in the comments.
    Doesn't matter, really. Wasn't on her "final list".
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by bobchella View Post
    Monklish teased it yesterday, read the comments on her most recent update
    there was a tease much earlier than that.

Coachella Junkie

Monklish did secretly mention that The Cure were playing about a week before the lineup came out. I'll even go back and find the post if no one believes me.

She also added My Bloody Valentine to her list around the same time. You don't just randomly add a big name to your list (especially one that said they weren't going to tour) and then get lucky.

She also had Wire on her first list. Another decent name, and out of all the potential 80s post-punk/punk bands she could've picked, I doubt she just "got lucky" and guessed right.

Basically, she does get some of the big names right that don't seem so "obvious" at first. It's easy to guess the smaller names - not so much the bigger names.

Ugh... why continue to argue and call each other names about who knows more about whether or not monklish is right or not? We all know that she can be wrong. So just be happy enough that she has listed something that might happen that you'd like. But this whole fighting with each other and making statistics is useless. Can't we all just get along? ...or at the very least, just silently ignore those we feel superior to?
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

No.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Oh, okay. Just checking.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the well informed blog whores of today can get 70% or better on their predictions this year.

It doesn't make 'monklish' any better of a source. Just one of the many that make informed guess.

Seems to me though that the updates and comments on that blog correlate with findings posted on this forum... quite reactionary.. Hmmm. Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride a Tire! View Post
    Ugh... why continue to argue and call each other names about who knows more about whether or not monklish is right or not? We all know that she can be wrong. So just be happy enough that she has listed something that might happen that you'd like. But this whole fighting with each other and making statistics is useless. Can't we all just get along? ...or at the very least, just silently ignore those we feel superior to?
    You obviously haven't been here long....

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by FurtherDownTheRabbitHole View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the well informed blog whores of today can get 70% or better on their predictions this year.

It doesn't make 'monklish' any better of a source. Just one of the many that make informed guess.

Seems to me though that the updates and comments on that blog correlate with findings posted on this forum... quite reactionary.. Hmmm. Curious.
    you can, but like I was saying, calling big names is harder than calling small names.

bottom line, i dont care about statistics, but i do believe monklish has sources that we dont.

thestripe

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't have time to go back to the 2009 percentages. I just fired a vendor and now I need to go justify why.
    But Monklish predicted MBV!!! No one saw that coming.

yeah and if i remember correctly the cure was a very last minute add
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

thestripe

Somebody post the current Monklish list. The last one I saw had just about every band mentioned in any publication this year. The odds are in her favor.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    you can, but like I was saying, calling big names is harder than calling small names.

bottom line, i dont care about statistics, but i do believe monklish has sources that we dont.
    Well said. Finally a long timer who calls it like it is instead of calling each other names.

thestripe

Quote Originally Posted by thom cobain View Post
    I usually watch the headliners. Coldplay was, in my opinion, the worst one I've seen at Coachella. Completely soft.

He was saying "give us a chance." I was like, what the fuck do you think we're doing standing here in front of the main stage you dick. If headlining the greatest American festival isn't a chance I don't know what is. Then he went on to substitute "Coachella" as a lyric for "Yellow". You suck.

If they show I will not be giving them another chance. Not a great showman. Weak headliner.
    Truth. I saw some of this while I was leaving. Martin was pathetic.

How come there's not more talk about Kings of Leon being a potential headliner? The likeness of this happening is pretty high. Either them or Coldplay are bound to be this year's hated-on headliner.

Headliner hate-ons:

2007: RHCP
    2008: Jack Johnson
    2009: Killers
    2010: Muse
    2011: Kings of Leon or Coldplay?

Monklish did secretly mention that The Cure were playing about a week before the lineup came out. I'll even go back and find the post if no one believes me.

She also added My Bloody Valentine to her list around the same time. You don't just randomly add a big name to your list (especially one that said they weren't going to tour) and then get lucky.

She also had Wire on her first list. Another decent name, and out of all the potential 80s post-punk/punk bands she could've picked, I doubt she just "got lucky" and guessed right.

Basically, she does get some of the big names right that don't seem so "obvious" at first. It's easy to guess the smaller names - not so much the bigger names.
    Dude, she got "Wire" from their announced tour dates. Marc Sparks posted that first. SHe does the exact same stuff we do here--speculate. Just because she finds stuff and posts it doesn't make her a legitimate source. She may have some sources, but considering Brad has sources and his lists are always more accurate, I'd trust him over her any day.

Example: Rick and I meet Robyn. We ask her if she's playing Coachella. She says "Yes".

Two days later: Monklish updates her blog to say "Robyn". Coincidence? No.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 12-03-2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

thestripe

At this point I would rather see Coldplay on the poster. Kings of Leon are unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride a Tire! View Post
    But that's no fun. Erik! Change his title to "Rodney King", crombrenner's to "Monklish Licker" and betao's to "Monklish Licker Jr."

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    But Monklish predicted MBV!!! No one saw that coming.
    She also predicted Soundgarden and the Beastie Boys last year. Remember how upset Paul B was? See what happens when you take her word as gospel? He almost hung himself. It was very serious.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 12-03-2010 at 01:12 PM.

At this point I would rather see Coldplay on the poster. Kings of Leon are unbearable.
    This.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Remember how upset Paul B was? See what happens when you take her word as gospel? He almost hung himself. It was very serious.

Bwhahahahahaha
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

I wouldn't watch either one.

Example: Rick and I meet Robyn. We ask her if she's playing Coachella. She says "Yes".

Two days later: Monklish updates her blog to say "Robyn". Coincidence? No.
    this is how CoS does it too. there have been other 2011 reveals through this method. they've just been made in artist-specific threads, which CoS and Monklish are too fucking lazy to lurk in.

True.

She also predicted Soundgarden and the Beastie Boys last year. Remember how upset Paul B was? See what happens when you take her word as gospel? He almost hung himself. It was very serious.
    Never forget.

But seriously....shut the fuck up about all this Monklish talk, why are you people wasting your time? We'll see whos on the poster in January, and Monklish is just a nice list of highly potential acts, but none guaranteed...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

thestripe

My favorite near suicide was Rage Patton after Madness was taken off that very ugly 2008 poster.

This.

Also, she did say Thom Yorke at least a week before the lineup.

She has her fuck ups (Like KOL 2009 thank God), and yes she steals info from the boards, but she has other outside info. Either way, the speculation game is fun. Don't get pissy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

I appreciate Monklish's effort. I don't have time to scan the boards for crumbs of intel. I got a high powered career going here, people
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    This.

Also, she did say Thom Yorke at least a week before the lineup.

She has her fuck ups (Like KOL 2009 thank God), and yes she steals info from the boards, but she has other outside info. Either way, the speculation game is fun. Don't get pissy.
    To be fair, Suprefan knew about Thom Yorke before that.

To be fair, Suprefan knew about Thom Yorke before that.
    Did he say something about it on the boards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

thestripe

The Cure was an easy guess. MBV were expected. The Wire (if this is true) released tour dates and are hardly a shot in the dark.