Page 7 of 125 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

Default Re: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, Confirmations

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    when I started the thread. I wasn't fooling around.
    Hmm, a week ago you were cursing the Coachella Gods and claiming you wouldn't be back next year... It's good to see that you're coming back to your senses, Marco.

You don't have to believe me. It being this soon, things can change. Heard it from one of the big named acts that played this year. Take it or leave it.
    "It being too soon?" Ya think? Marco, you do realize that by planting the Daft Punk seed in my head now, that this could be a very long year dealing with my anticipation, don't you? LOL
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

You don't have to believe me. It being this soon, things can change. Heard it from one of the big named acts that played this year. Take it or leave it.
    I've got a long memory and a lust for violence if you're toying cruelly with my heart.

Is it Owen Pallett? If not, I wonder how another act would know about the secret business affairs of Arcade Fire.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

For the sake of argument - James Murphy and Ed Droste are both friendly enough with Arcade Fire and their extended musical family to know a bit more than most.

Ah. The plot thickens. Pulp->Arcade Fire->The Knife (in the tent)...this must happen
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Hmm, a week ago you were cursing the Coachella Gods and claiming you wouldn't be back next year... It's good to see that you're coming back to your senses, Marco.
    You must've missed this post this:
    http://coachella.com/forum/showpost....0&postcount=10

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    "It being too soon?" Ya think? Marco, you do realize that by planting the Daft Punk seed in my head now, that this could be a very long year dealing with my anticipation, don't you? LOL
    I thought Daft Punk was a given for 2011 already?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Is it Owen Pallett? If not, I wonder how another act would know about the secret business affairs of Arcade Fire.
    I said BIG act.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I've got a long memory and a lust for violence if you're toying cruelly with my heart.
    PMZ!

I said BIG act.
    Beth Ditto?

Beth Ditto?
    Tiesto!

I'd believe it. You did specify "act" and never used the word "artist", after all.

I'd believe it. You did specify "act" and never used the word "artist", after all.
    LULZ!

So why didn't Beck play with Charlotte? I hear he was there.

Half realistic guesses/half wishlist
    Beastie Boys
    The Flaming Lips • Feist
    Underworld • Cibo Matto • Metric • Broken Social Scene • Leftfield • Friendly Fires • Stars

Arcade Fire
    Pulp • Gnarls Barkley
    George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic • The Knife • token shitty guidotastic dj • Elbow • Blonde Redhead

Daft Punk
    Wilco • Arctic Monkeys
    Cafe Tacuba • Royksopp • The National • Cat Power • Gary Numan • Bat for Lashes • Dizzee Rascal
    token shitty guidotastic dj? He is SICK! He's going blow the roof off the Sahara! Crushing blows!

So why didn't Beck play with Charlotte? I hear he was there.
    BECK was there with the wife and kids. Maybe that's why.

Lets just hope that the Tron: Legacy soundtrack doesn't blow.
    In regards to Steve Aoki's appearance at future Coachellas:
    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Only if you say his name thrice while in the bathroom at night with the lights turned out.

Ah. The plot thickens. Pulp->Arcade Fire->The Knife (in the tent)...this must happen
    You know, the more I think about it. The more I think Pulp would probably be an Outdoor Theater show @ best. I can't see them on the main @ all.

Smashing Pumpkins
    Daft Punk
    Pearl Jam
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Daft Punk
    Pearl Jam
    Lamechella

I mean, Daft Punk would be awesome and I actually dig Pearl Jam but Smashing Pumpkins really really really really really suck nowadays.

OK how bout dizz.... ?

Arcade Fire
    Feist • Pulp
    Boards of Canada • Le Tigre • Big Boi • Underworld • Patti Smith • the National • Digitalism • Autolux • Janelle Monae • Scratch Perverts • Moderat • Kyuss

Talking Heads
    At the Drive-In • Kasabian
    Jamiroquai • Blonde Redhead • Cut Copy • A Tribe Called Quest • Of Montreal • Gary Numan • Bat for Lashes • the Twelves • Blakroc • UNKLE • Cold War Kids • Merzbow

Daft Punk
    Iggy & the Stooges • My Morning Jacket
    Leftfield • Godspeed You! Black Emperor • Mazzy Star • Faithless Soundsystem • Built to Spill • the New York Dolls • Battles • Thurston Moore • Röyksopp • Danger Mouse
    Last edited by Grant; 04-28-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Daft Punk
    Pixies • Moby

At The Drive-In • The Knife • Belle and Sebastian • P.J. Harvey • Godspeed You! Black Emperor Leftfield • Blonde Redhead • Kool Keith • Battles • Tomahawk • ADULT. • Danger Mouse

Arcade Fire
    Lady Gaga • Iggy
    & the Stooges
    Killing Joke • Deftones • Underworld • Placebo • Patti Smith • Afrika Bambaataa • Aphex Twin Digitalism • Janelle Monae • Autolux • Tricky • Scratch Perverts • Isis • Radio Dept.

David Bowie
    Massive Attack • A Perfect Circle
    Royksopp •
    the Cranberries • Boards of Canada • A Tribe Called Quest • Of Montreal • Gary Numan Jurassic 5 • Mogwai • DJ Shadow • Blacroc • 808 State • Cold War Kids • Slint • UNKLE

just read Common is dropping an album late this year...theorize if you're inclined.

Arcade Fire billed higher than Lady Gaga LOL

You like that, huh?

It helps me imagine them all standing on her at once, yes.

In a world of unpredictable artists, Daft Punk, is towards the top. They seem to love L.A. and they blessed Coachella in 2006, but to give any merit to them being back before it's booked, is ridiculous.

Daft Punk has been rumored to be back at Coachella on stage every year since '06, with maybe the exception of '07. Even with Tron coming out in December (or February), there's still no guarantee of what Daft Punk is going to be doing come the end of April. As much as everyone is dying for them to do another world tour, I'm not convinced. Movie Score tour doesn't really grab me as world tour material, especially since they must have songs (not score compositions) they'd like to polish for a release. Their last release (not including Alive 2007), Human After All, came out in March '05.

People grasp at straws when it comes to Daft Punk news and the speculation drawn from mere sentences of 3rd parties associated minutely with Daft Punk is mind-blowing.

Getting past all that, looking at the faux schedules y'all are drawing up, who wants to listen to Daft Punk on Sunday night?

They'd obviously be headlining and I'm obviously biased, but nothing sounds like a worse idea than going to one of the greatest, most exclusive, and elusive dance parties in the world, a Daft Punk show, only to walk to your car afterwards, say bye to your friends, and drive home for the next 1-4 hours.

Unless the music from the Tron tour is dark, moody, and undanceable, I imagine Daft Punk would ask to reprise their Saturday night slot, and if they asked, they would get it.

Daft Punk - Saturday Night Headliner

old school

I think it would be kinda cool if the new Daft Punk is dark and moody. As far as danceable is concerned, with the right drugs I'll dance to anything.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

I seriously doubt that Daft Punk will even try to promote the material they are releasing with the Tron movie let alone go on tour with it. I'm expecting maybe one or two songs to get airplay off the soundtrack if we are lucky. I personally wouldn't mind waiting for the duo to drop at least two new albums before they even consider playing live again. It would seriously be a shame for Daft Punk to rush to get back on tour without a whole new catalog of music and them just recycling their previous tour.

That being said...

Fri - Outkast
    Sat - Arcade Fire headlining with a big name DJ playing after on main (Ferry Corsten or Justice?)
    Sun - Rolling Stones

Next year, it will have been four years since the Alive tour...hope they don't make us wait 9 years between tours again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arcade Fire headline next year, and Justice on the main stage either doing the LCD or Tiesto slot, but probably not both on the same day because it would be too reminiscent of 2007?

Anyways, I have been thinking about what acts could be there next year besides headliners. Obviously it all depends on new material and touring at all, but judging by time alone...

Haven't played in a few years, likely (if not confirmed) to have a new album between now and then:
    Interpol
    Justice (sorry but you know they are coming back someday)
    Belle & Sebastian
    Mogwai
    Blonde Redhead
    Wilco
    Metric
    Broken Social Scene (with the new album out now, will they still be touring next April? they seem to never stop touring for long, though)
    M83
    Beck (headlined in '99, but Coachella is too big for him to headline now, so would he take a step down? should he? I'd love to see him there again, for the record)
    Basement Jaxx (one of the biggest names that could headline the Sahara but hasn't played in ages)
    Underworld (ditto, plus LA never got a SOFT SUMMER makeup date)
    Kings of Leon (hopefully not, but I don't see why not)
    Modest Mouse (I hear they want too much money...can anyone confirm or deny?)
    Bloc Party (maybe Kele's solo project?)
    Animal Collective
    Ladytron
    Cat Power

I think it's too soon for M.I.A., but on the other hand, she is a huge draw and wouldn't be the first act to play 3 times in 4 years.

Any guesses for the act from 2010 to play 2011? Maybe some of those victims of Xenu's volcano?
    Last edited by Boourns; 04-29-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Headliners
    Pearl Jam
    Beastie Boys
    Daft Punk

Sahara Headliners
    Underworld
    Basement Jaxx
    Justice

Sub Headliners
    Modest Mouse
    MY Morning Jacket
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07