Page 53 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3727

Thread: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

You already knew that
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 11-15-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Don't forget, the stones were rumored last year, too.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Last edited by heart cooks brain; 11-15-2010 at 01:48 PM.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Beastie Boys.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Pulp reunion
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    They headlined Bonnaroo last year. Are we talking doggy years?
    I had forgotten that happened prior to the APW and Lolla cancellations. Shows how big of a Beastie Boys fan I am. Point withdrawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I had forgotten that happened prior to the APW and Lolla cancellations. Shows how big of a Beastie Boys fan I am. Point withdrawn.
    they were quasi headliners. They were third on the poster but Phish headlined two nights and the Beasties opened for Phish.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    they were quasi headliners. They were third on the poster but Phish headlined two nights and the Beasties opened for Phish.
    the Bboys headlined, where you there? The crowd was fucking massive, and any talk about the Beastie Boys playing Coachella, and NOT headlining are absurd. Beastie Boys are headliners anyway you look at it, if anyone is subheadlining it would be Daft Punk(which I don't think is happening), or Arcade Fire. Yes, I am saying Beastie Boys would headline over Arcade Fire. Come on, it's almost as ridiculous as people saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers aren't headliners, just because you guys don't like either group doesn't mean they are not headliners.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    the Bboys headlined, where you there? The crowd was fucking massive, and any talk about the Beastie Boys playing Coachella, and NOT headlining are absurd. Beastie Boys are headliners anyway you look at it, if anyone is subheadlining it would be Daft Punk(which I don't think is happening), or Arcade Fire. Yes, I am saying Beastie Boys would headline over Arcade Fire. Come on, it's almost as ridiculous as people saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers aren't headliners, just because you guys don't like either group doesn't mean they are not headliners.
    Agreed, if we consider Arcade Fire a headliner than it's just silly to say that the BB are not...
    Friday
    Refused, Arctic Monkeys, EITS, M83, Amon Tobin, the Rapture, Neon Indian, Dawes, Death Grips, Other Lives, the Dear Hunter

Saturday
    Radiohead, Miike Snow, GY!BE, St. Vincent, SBTRKT, Flying Lotus, A$ap Rocky, Kaiser Chiefs, the Head and the Heart, the Vaccines, Grouplove, Gary Clark Jr, Destructo

Sunday
    Dr. Dre, ATDI, Justice, La Roux, Beirut, Shadow, Modeselektor, Dada Life, Flux Pavilion, Gotye, araabMUZIK, NOISIA, Band of Skulls, Metronomy, Fanfarlo

I love the beasties and would be happy to see them as a headliner but that doesn't change the fact that they didn't headline a day at Bonnaroo because Phish headlined two nights it doesn't matter who had a bigger crowd.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Roo bills 6 ''headliners'', you cant really knock that. (5 for that year) Would you have called Nine Inch Nails playing before Phish(if that was the case) a quasi headliner too?

I love the beasties and would be happy to see them as a headliner but that doesn't change the fact that they didn't headline a day at Bonnaroo because Phish headlined two nights it doesn't matter who had a bigger crowd.
    Pearl Jam played before Kanye West in 08, does that make PJ a non headliner? Youre digging yourself in a hole here.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Roo bills 6 ''headliners'', you cant really knock that. (5 for that year) Would you have called Nine Inch Nails playing before Phish(if that was the case) a quasi headliner too?

Pearl Jam played before Kanye West in 08, does that make PJ a non headliner? Youre digging yourself in a hole here.
    No, because if they were to separate them out by days Pearl Jam would have highest billing. Nobody is going to argue that Kanye West headlined in 08 that's like arguing that Tiesto headlined Coachella last year.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post

Right on point Chris, and then that in fact does mean NIN was not headlining their night either, because Bruce Springsteen played the headliner slot, with NIN during late night roo. Well according to summerkids' perspective.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I never got people's obsession with time slots in reference to headlining festivals. Want to identify who the promoter considers the main attractions? Look no further than the poster.

Yes, exactly. Madonna didn't headline Coachella in 2006 although she could sell out arenas doesn't change the fact that she was not the headliner. Tool was.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I never got people's obsession with time slots in reference to headlining festivals. Want to identify who the promoter considers the main attractions are? Look no further than the poster.
    I agree with this, Beastie Boys are 3rd on the line in 2009. I still believe it comes down to people not liking the Bboys on this board(well it seems this way to me).

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I never got people's obsession with time slots in reference to headlining festivals. Want to identify who the promoter considers the main attractions? Look no further than the poster.
    well that's my argument I don't know what yours is but Beastie Boys were not the highest billed act the day that they played thus they were not headliners.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I agree with this, Beastie Boys are 3rd on the line in 2009. I still believe it comes down to people not liking the Bboys on this board(well it seems this way to me).
    Personally, I don't DISLIKE them per se... they just haven't put out a good record since 1998.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Wasnt it Stevie Wonder-->Jay-Z this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

No, because if they were to separate them out by days Pearl Jam would have highest billing. Nobody is going to argue that Kanye West headlined in 08 that's like arguing that Tiesto headlined Coachella last year.
    But you are missing the point that Bonnaroo bills the top 6 acts as a ''headliner''. Much like Lollapalooza, thats the point we are getting at. You refuse to agree because you are going with the ''bigger'' name in your own opinion for who is headlining. Accept the fact that they had 2 headliners play each day, and it didnt matter if they were on back to back, thats just what Bonnaroo decided to do.

but a lot of these "headliners" wouldn't headline Coachella for example Phoenix was a "headliner" at Lollapalooza but they didn't headline coachella.
    The White Stripes 9/18

so uhhh, are we getting Animal Collective next year?

and i would say Fleet Foxes are a strong possibility, probably in the BoH spot from a couple years ago, if they can get a little buzz between now and January...

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Wasnt it Stevie Wonder-->Jay-Z this year?
    Stevie headlined but Jay was after him kinda making him a co-headliner. If people think the last act = headliner then Kaskade headlined since he played until after 700am
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    so uhhh, are we getting Animal Collective next year?

and i would say Fleet Foxes are a strong possibility, probably in the BoH spot from a couple years ago, if they can get a little buzz between now and January...
    You mean basically when they themselves played that same year?

I think it'll depend on when they can get the damn record finished, definitely isn't coming out before the end of the year.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

but a lot of these "headliners" wouldn't headline Coachella for example Phoenix was a "headliner" at Lollapalooza but they didn't headline coachella.
    Different parties. The square does not fit in the triangle hole. Trying to impose any sort of formula between or within festivals is an exercise in futility.

At least My Chemical Romance will be in the midwest April 15-17 so we can thankfully rule them out of the equation.

Headliner.

Plus, their comeback set will be Pauls Boutique+greatest hits/new stuff
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

This is not correct. Phish headlined Sunday. On Friday Beastie Boys headlined the mainstage and Phish played a late night set on the mainstage. Saying Phish headlined Friday at Bonnaroo is like saying Tiesto headlined Saturday at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Beasties are definitely headliners. I PRAY they won't be. But if they're there then they will headline.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    This is not correct. Phish headlined Sunday. On Friday Beastie Boys headlined the mainstage and Phish played a late night set on the mainstage. Saying Phish headlined Friday at Bonnaroo is like saying Tiesto headlined Saturday at Coachella.
    Usually whoever closes the Main stage at Bonnaroo is the headliner late night sets usu occur on the Which Stage. The only times I can think that this hasn't happened is this past year when Jay-Z played after Stevie Wonder and when Kanye played after Pearl Jam which happened because he refused to play his originally scheduled spot in the sunlight.

Okay lets look at Lollapalooza since we can't agree whether or not they were headliners at Bonnaroo even though they were not the highest billed band that played that day. At Lollapalooza they were billed below Depeche Mode, Tool, The Killers, and a reunited Jane's Addiction. That's the same spot that The Strokes were in last year (I don't see them as headliners at Coachella), Wilco's spot in 2008 who were billed below Kanye West (who did not headline Bonnaroo that year).

I'm not saying they wont headline I'm just not completely sold on the idea that if they play they will headline.
    The White Stripes 9/18