Page 48 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3727

Thread: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

I'dDoItAllAgain

Default Re: Coachella 2011: Rumors, Headliners, rumored Confirmations

AF/DP/REM would be freakin' awesome. The lineup is shaping up nicely... the non-headliners are also pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by I'dDoItAllAgain View Post
    AF/DP/REM would be freakin' awesome. The fake speculative lineup that everyone is buying into for no good reason is shaping up nicely... the non-headliners are also pretty good.
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

hahaha ^^^^.... i honestly think a lot more names are a given than in previous years. Maybe we're just getting smarter.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Seriously, why did it become fashionable to start predicting the VU? Jesus Christ people, their drummer was most recently seen hanging out at tea party rallies.
    who cares? If I gave two shits about the politics or personal opinions of the artists I listened to, my music collection would be about 1/3 what it is now.

Unless their political stances cross into their music, I don't see how it matters.

love the art, not the artist.

Shut the fuck up, Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    im the source... BB<DP

RH or CP or PJ

because they havnt dropped anything relevant since Hello Nasty, but they have a good relationship w/ GV and its going to be a nice comeback for Adam
    if DP backs out then ull get ur headlining spot

from what i remember GV made a very strong attempt at getting VU last year but Lou wasnt ready... the appearances at the Gorillaz shows indicate that might have changed since....
    1. You are not a source, you're an opinion. I like Daft and Beasties equally (my opinion), and on top of that, who says they can't headline on seperate days, aside from you and a vocal minority on an internet message board, oh king of Coachella line-up knowledge and foresight?

2. Coldplay? Seriously? I mean, seriously? I'd rather hear a chorus of cats being strangled for an hour than Coldplay (see, there's my opinion again).

3. Uh, Reed played Lolla, and has done a ton of solo shows lately. I don't see why that's any more a lead up to a VU union as much as it means Lou Reed wants do something other than give some asshole-ish interviews and create a million follow-ups to Metal Machine Music.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

hahaha ^^^^.... i honestly think a lot more names are a given than in previous years. Maybe we're just getting smarter.
    We've been way wrong before... anyone remember the Police rumors in 2007? Everyone assuming Radiohead in 2008? My only real prediction is expect the unexpected. Cliched for sure, but in past years, that's been proven oh so true.

Theme night listing:

The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post

2. Coldplay? Seriously? I mean, seriously? I'd rather hear a chorus of cats being strangled for an hour than Coldplay (see, there's my opinion again).
    Well Crystal Castles are looking probable so you might get your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Ok, but I have no idea what this has to do with Coldplay. Does Chris Martin has a love affair with music that sounds like 8-bit Nintendo with some chick screaming over it?

Theme night listing:

1. You are not a source, you're an opinion. I like Daft and Beasties equally (my opinion), and on top of that, who says they can't headline on seperate days, aside from you and a vocal minority on an internet message board, oh king of Coachella line-up knowledge and foresight?

3. Uh, Reed played Lolla, and has done a ton of solo shows lately. I don't see why that's any more a lead up to a VU union as much as it means Lou Reed wants do something other than give some asshole-ish interviews and create a million follow-ups to Metal Machine Music.
    We've been way wrong before... anyone remember the Police rumors in 2007? Everyone assuming Radiohead in 2008? My only real prediction is expect the unexpected. Cliched for sure, but in past years, that's been proven oh so true.
    i was obviously kidding about the #1, but i mean if BB are performing and its a sub spot i just find it probable that they would be 2nd to only DP and no one else. That and TCHY's comment directly after my initial post on the topic.

Coldplay could deff be a shot in the dark as i find it too soon to bring back Thom Dork. Id actually really like to see Coldplay (my opinion... man)

#3 i should have also brought up the fact that someone from VU recently just passed away didnt they...??? i was unaware of all the Lou touring.

the Police rumor came directly from the fact that there was some presale w/ the code word "Roxanne"... Radiohead in 2008 i dont remember.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Ok, but I have no idea what this has to do with Coldplay. Does Chris Martin has a love affair with music that sounds like 8-bit Nintendo with some chick screaming over it?
    no but Robert Smith doez....

I'm guessing it was more to do with hearing "a chorus of cats being strangled for an hour".

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    I'm guessing it was more to do with hearing "a chorus of cats being strangled for an hour".
    Chorus of Catz Being Strangled IN THE TENT!

CRUSHING BLOWS!

Theme night listing:

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Pardon me Mr. tyles, but you are a dumbfuck.

The Police rumor was based on the fact that they were reuniting and actually in talks with a festivals. Bonnaroo just ended up getting them.

In 2008 Dani came out and said RH wasn't going to play at all in 08. But there was a hint of truth to the RH is going to play in 08 rumor despite Dani saying no, because they were talking to GV about playing one of their festivals. Just turned out to be APW.

Warmest Regards
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 11-13-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post

The Police rumor was based on the fact that they were reuniting and actually in talks with a festivals. Bonnaroo just ended up getting them.

In 2008 Dani came out and said RH wasn't going to play at all in 08. But there was a hint of truth to the RH is going to play in 08 rumor despite Dani saying no, because they were talking to GV about playing one of the festivals. Just turned out to be APW.

Warmest Regards
    honestly, when the french do we get to hang out....??? i want to buy u a churro and a lemonade.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I happen to be a very elusive character. But I do meet people at Coachella. It has happened before an Amyzz has a picture somewhere of me. 70 pounds heavier but its around.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

If Daft Punk and Arcade Fire are two of the three, anything else would be fine by me. I need one night to end in the Sahara anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    who cares? If I gave two shits about the politics or personal opinions of the artists I listened to, my music collection would be about 1/3 what it is now.

Unless their political stances cross into their music, I don't see how it matters.

love the art, not the artist.
    I don't give a flying fuck what Moe Tucker thinks about politics. I'm just pointing out that, uh, it doesn't seem like the VU is primed for a comeback. Look, if Lou Reed wants to show up and play Velvet Underground songs, maybe with John Cale, maybe without, I guess it can be called whatever people want. I just see no evidence that this reunion is forthcoming and don't understand why it is being heavily speculated.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck what Moe Tucker thinks about politics. I'm just pointing out that, uh, it doesn't seem like the VU is primed for a comeback. Look, if Lou Reed wants to show up and play Velvet Underground songs, maybe with John Cale, maybe without, I guess it can be called whatever people want. I just see no evidence that this reunion is forthcoming and don't understand why it is being heavily speculated.
    ah... gotcha.

People do seem to do a lot of dreaming on this board in terms of "I really want to see band x, who may have broken up 20 years ago and half the members are dead but are POISED for a comeback"

I happen to be a very elusive character. But I do meet people at Coachella. It has happened before an Amyzz has a picture somewhere of me. 70 pounds heavier but its around.
    well just know ur on my must find list this year...... im constructing a fail proof plan for catching you.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. THIS made my year.

Quote Originally Posted by mistakenstrangers View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. THIS made my year.
    the fact that theyre playing.....??? doesnt take much to get u off does it.

the fact that theyre playing.....??? doesnt take much to get u off does it.
    Sorry, nah the reference to 'I'd rather hear a chorus of cats being strangled for an hour than Coldplay' and Crystal Castles.

I don't like Crystal Castles. Or Coldplay for that matter.

hardy har har.. jk.

well i dont blame you on the CC, at least the live aspect... as far as Cold Play goes, i cant make any kind of honest opinion.

hardy har har.. jk.

well i dont blame you on the CC, at least the live aspect... as far as Cold Play goes, i cant make any kind of honest opinion.
    Crystal Castles sound like someone playing Pacman in a kindergarten of screaming kids with attention problems.

Coldplay sound like the opposite, guess there is no middle ground here...

Quote Originally Posted by mistakenstrangers View Post
    Crystal Castles sound like someone playing Pacman in a kindergarten of screaming kids with attention problems.

Coldplay sound like the opposite, guess there is no middle ground here...
    opposite huh...?

so thats like Mrs Pacman in a senior living home w/ old people whispering as they poop themselves.....???

opposite huh...?

so thats like Mrs Pacman in a senior living home w/ old people whispering as they poop themselves.....???
    something like that, yes.

In 2008 Dani came out and said RH wasn't going to play at all in 08. But there was a hint of truth to the RH is going to play in 08 rumor despite Dani saying no, because they were talking to GV about playing one of their festivals. Just turned out to be APW.

Warmest Regards
    Wow, if i'm a dumbfuck, that's fine. At least i'm not a fucking asshole like you.

Theme night listing:

Oh, and warmest regards, douche.

Theme night listing:

Wow, if i'm a dumbfuck, that's fine. At least i'm not a fucking asshole like you.
    he's actually one of the nicest people on the boards... u must not have a way w/ people.