Thread: Coachella vs Bonnaroo?

Default Coachella vs Bonnaroo?

Anyone know how Bonnaroo camping compares to Coachella? Do they have showers at Bonnaroo?

Default Re: Coachella vs Bonnaroo?

10 dollar showers!!!
    .oORienONEOo.

Nonetheless, CAMPING IS WAAAAYYYY COOLER AT BONNAROO!!!
    .oORienONEOo.

Does anyone know if Bonnaroo lets you camp by your car?

Quote Originally Posted by JBird View Post
    Does anyone know if Bonnaroo lets you camp by your car?
    Yes, the camping is huge, right close to the stages is only tents but the rest is all cars and tents together.

Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.
    Sam Ewing

Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.
    Sam Ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Truta View Post
    these pictures make me think i would hate bonnaroo. i LOVE the size of coachella. bonnaroo seems WAY too big
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Naw man, Roo is great. I've been 3 times and have had some cool ass neighbors, and never had any problems with people. Could even just fall asleep pretty much anywhere undisturbed. Including the concert floor. Plus the ability to pretty much buy anythingwinkwinknudgenudge is a really crazy experience.

Behind the Redwood Curtain, Lost Coast Northern California

I hear you can bring beer in at bonnaroo. Good luck chuck with that at coachella.
    This forest is growing faster than I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    these pictures make me think i would hate bonnaroo. i LOVE the size of coachella. bonnaroo seems WAY too big
    Agreed. It looks a bit too big. I can't even begin to imagine finding my tent at night. If I found out I took a wrong turn and spent an hour walking the wrong direction, I'd go nuts.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Camping is great at Bonnaroo. You can park your car right next to your tent and you can go in and out at will to the festival. And you can bring in a certain amount of alochol to your camp ground. It seemed like everyone had way more than they claimed would be allowed in.

Definitely a good experience. It's big and the area to walk is big but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    Glasto is bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Agreed. It looks a bit too big. I can't even begin to imagine finding my tent at night. If I found out I took a wrong turn and spent an hour walking the wrong direction, I'd go nuts.

portable gps FTW

used it to get back to my car, security was like "why?" when they found it..i was like "how else am i gonna find mainstage at night??"
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by RienOneTexas View Post
    10 dollar showers!!!

at bannaroo? cause showers are free at coachella . . they were last year anyway
    Coachella 06, 07, 08 (Camping 07, 08)

010' Fri - Jay-Z . Them Crooked Vultures, The Specials, La Roux, P.O.S., Wale, As Tall as Lions, Grizzly Bear

Sat - Muse, Faith No More, DEVO, MGMT, Coheed & Cambria, Z-Trip, Les Claypool, Mew, Tokyo Police Club, Frightened Rabbit, Corainne Bailey Rae, RX Bandits, Portugal. The Man, Flying Lotus

Sun - Gorillaz, Thom Yorke (Radiohead =) Sly & the Family Stone, De La Soul, Yo La Tengo, MUTEMATH, Matt & Kim, B.O.B., King Khan & the Shrines, Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheColonyOfBirchmen View Post
    I hear you can bring beer in at bonnaroo. Good luck chuck with that at coachella.
    true . thats where coachella is too conservative
    Coachella 06, 07, 08 (Camping 07, 08)

010' Fri - Jay-Z . Them Crooked Vultures, The Specials, La Roux, P.O.S., Wale, As Tall as Lions, Grizzly Bear

Sat - Muse, Faith No More, DEVO, MGMT, Coheed & Cambria, Z-Trip, Les Claypool, Mew, Tokyo Police Club, Frightened Rabbit, Corainne Bailey Rae, RX Bandits, Portugal. The Man, Flying Lotus

Sun - Gorillaz, Thom Yorke (Radiohead =) Sly & the Family Stone, De La Soul, Yo La Tengo, MUTEMATH, Matt & Kim, B.O.B., King Khan & the Shrines, Phoenix

I hit up coachella and bonnaroo last year. Both are completely different vibes. Bonnaroo VIP was fantastic - we never got searched once from the time we arrived till the time we left (we could have brought a keg of beer in). The one drawback for Bonnaroo is that if you buy a regular ticket, showers are $10 all over the place. Another is the DUST. By the 3rd day of bonnaroo, it's a dust bowl and it is dirty. Everyone who went with our group had a serious hacking cough for about 2 weeks after the event. The pictures provided above do not do justice either. Some campsites are above and beyond those pictures reach. I would never buy a regular ticket to bonnaroo strictly based upon distance to the entrance from camping, and showers. TRAFFIC IS A NIGHTMARE. The festival site is just massive. VIP is the way to go, because in the end they get the money out of you for showers and overly priced food/general store. We spent hardly any money inside the event, strictly because the VIP hospitality tents were within minimal walking distance between the stages and our campsite. With VIP you have buffet style service from noon-10pm, and 24 hour use of showers/air conditioned washrooms. Thursday night they have a VIP party from 8-midnight with complimentary beverage service - which was killer. Destroys Coachella first night camping party, hands down. Coachella size is nice. Recycle Program kicks ass. Venue is tits. Camping rocks. Lineup is usually best. If you like Coachella, look to Vegoose on Halloween Weekend. Vegoose was killer last year. 82 all weekend, and really small.

*keep in mind, camping with a car is far from the entrance, but if youre just plain camping, like i was, hell, we were so close to the entrance, just a hop and a skip away*

VIP sure does sound nice, maybe one year ill go for it, but i dont know, i really like cutting out the "luxaries" for a few days or so, last year at bonnaroo, we lived off of that free mountain water, tortilla chips, some granola, and gummi bears (that ended up saving our lives!), an occasional purchase of hot food was made inside but not alot

oh yeah, lots of drugs too
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

DRUGS ARE KEY! best thing about bonnaroo was within 15 mins of getting there people were coming over with ALL the goodies.

Last year at Bonnaroo... I was wishing we had done VIP.

From our campsite by our car it took THIRTY MINUTES. And that's not an estimate, a timed, full Half an Hour to walk to where the stages were. Like, you have to make a hard decision whether to leave or not because it's an hour roundtrip. OMG, shit sucked. I'm not a big camper either, so "roughen it" at Bonnaroo is just dirrrrty, since I didn't pay 10 bucks for a shower, just used clean wipes on my arms and legs in a porta-pottie. Yeah...

But the music is great and the vibe is fantastic. Aside from the fact that for everybody that will sell you some fantastic treats, there are an equal amount of people that will sell you fake shit.... which always sucks.

But yeah, I wouldn't go back unless I went VIP... and unless they get a good line-up again. No thanks Pearl Jam & Metallica!

haha i saw elton john on the nanny today

funny funny shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.