Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The British Trident of Rock

Default The British Trident of Rock

I guess... just thinking about it...

Matthew Bellamy, Damon Albarn and Thom Yorke

Probably the most influential British musicians and song writers from the past 2 decades (yeah, fuck oasis)... all in Coachella this year.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: The British Trident of Rock

Prepare to be lampooned.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

i know... it just occurred to me as I was watching muse live at wembley.. I tought.. that's bad... and gorillaz will be bad as well.. and thom yorke.. damm.. good british acts this year.

that's ok.. I'll just put my anti-flaming shield on.

Coachella Junkie

This guy might be Hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    This guy might be Hispanic.
    si senior

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    si senior
    Illiterate too.

Douche

confused troll is confused about his trollness
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I'd only agree with one of those...Thom Yorke.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

axis of evil?

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

I agree with 2/3 of your post. Muse isn't anything special

LAME POST. what like you have never heard of Ian f-ing Brown?
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinPenguin View Post
    Muse is the only thing keeping rock alive

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    LAME POST. what like you have never heard of Ian f-ing Brown?
    well... yeah.. I did forgot about the stone roses... but some might argue Chris Martin might deserve that spot instead.

"commercial" and "influential"... big difference I guess. I do like the stone roses btw.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Okay, seriously?

You must only listen to KROQ in your 2003 Tahoe.

GTFO.
    In regards to Steve Aoki's appearance at future Coachellas:
    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Only if you say his name thrice while in the bathroom at night with the lights turned out.

Wheels Of Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by SoHungry310 View Post
    Okay, seriously?

You must only listen to KROQ in your 2003 Tahoe.

GTFO.
    I don't listen to the radio and I have a 95 explorer so your sort of close there lol.

In all seriousness, who else is carrying the torch for rock music? What other band that became popular in this decade is carrying on the big stadium rock show tradition? No one (except maybe kings of leon but they're more in the dave matthews category but thats my opinion).

Why do you think the 'big stadium rock show tradition' is worth carrying on?

also, Muse sucks donkey balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

^This

On both counts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinPenguin View Post
    I've seen Muse live twice now, and they are something very special. They are absolutely brilliant live. Its truly something to see. Honestly, I wouldn't skip them for anyone at the concert even though I've seen them twice already

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Why do you think the 'big stadium rock show tradition' is worth carrying on?

also, Muse sucks donkey balls.
    thats like saying electronic music should carry on without a rave scene. Rocks foundation is based off of this tradition. Don't you value what the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin contributed to music? They're the founding fathers of rock and roll and it disgusts me that its turned into what it is now. Much of that reason is because of hip hop, mtv, and the internet. I hate how Jay Z played a part in killing the rock tradition and now he's coming around and pretending to be a rockstar. Fuck him, he should never be welcomed to any music fest as he's one of the reasons as to why in 10 years we will no longer have musicians that are "headliners."

Matthew Bellamy is a very gifted musician and he's doing a fine job of carrying on the rock legacy.

thats like saying electronic music should carry on without a rave scene. Rocks foundation is based off of this tradition. Don't you value what the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin contributed to music? They're the founding fathers of rock and roll and it disgusts me that its turned into what it is now. Much of that reason is because of hip hop, mtv, and the internet. I hate how Jay Z played a part in killing the rock tradition and now he's coming around and pretending to be a rockstar. Fuck him, he should never be welcomed to any music fest as he's one of the reasons as to why in 10 years we will no longer have musicians that are "headliners."

Matthew Bellamy is a very gifted musician and he's doing a fine job of carrying on the rock legacy.
    EPIC FAIL

You know so little about the history of rock and roll, it is absolutely staggering. Now this may be a shock to you, but rock and roll did not get its start in arenas and stadiums. If you're looking for the founding fathers of rock, go listen to Louis Jordan, Wynonie Harris, Ike Turner, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Jimmy Reed. Once finished, you can progress to Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, and Eddie Cochran. THEN, you can finally get to the Beatles, Stones, Zep, Bowie etc. that you're jizzing yourself over. If those guys were here, they would tell you to do the same thing.

If killing the "rock tradition" means getting rid of idiot dipshits like yourself, I'm all for it.
    Last edited by greghead; 03-31-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Dude. Once again, WTF!

The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Led, as GREAT AS THEY ARE, did NOT start rock and roll.

They strongly influenced it, but their successes were only innovations on an already invented concept.

If you want real rock and roll, check out some of the above mentioned artists. They are originators.

Muse, if anything, is harming your beloved concept of "real stadium rock" with their posh attire and pussy haircuts. They are no where near the level of talent/success as any artists mentioned in your post or the one above me.
    Only if you say his name thrice while in the bathroom at night with the lights turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    EPIC FAIL

You know so little about the history of rock and roll, it is absolutely staggering. Now this may be a shock to you, but rock and roll did not get its start in arenas and stadiums. If you're looking for the founding fathers of rock, go listen to Louis Jordan, Wynonie Harris, Ike Turner, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Jimmy Reed. Once finished, you can progress to Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, and Eddie Cochran. THEN, you can finally get to the Beatles, Stones, Zep, Bowie etc. that you're jizzing yourself over. If those guys were here, they would tell you to do the same thing.

If killing the "rock tradition" means getting rid of idiot dipshits like yourself, I'm all for it.
    no shit that wasn't pertinent to my point. Why would i be bringing up blues rock from which the stones and zeppelin got their influences from. Muddy waters etc sparked the british invasion (as they generated interest in the brits, which made the beatles etc to bring stadium rock to the states)
    Last edited by WhatLies; 03-31-2010 at 03:12 PM.

my bad on saying founding fathers of rock and roll i should of used different terminology

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    EPIC FAIL

The easiest class i've taken in college was Rock & Roll American history so I know exactly what your talking about.

The easiest class i've taken in college was Rock & Roll American history so I know exactly what your talking about.
    Just because it was easy doesn't mean you understand it.

Just because you're in college doesn't mean your opinions are facts by default.

Quote Originally Posted by SoHungry310 View Post
    Dude. Once again, WTF!

The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Led, as GREAT AS THEY ARE, did NOT start rock and roll.

They strongly influenced it, but their successes were only innovations on an already invented concept.

If you want real rock and roll, check out some of the above mentioned artists. They are originators.

Muse, if anything, is harming your beloved concept of "real stadium rock" with their posh attire and pussy haircuts. They are no where near the level of talent/success as any artists mentioned in your post or the one above me.
    They're not harming it at all, they're just making it relevant to today. Music is ever changing and I understand that. Its just sad when we are losing aspects of the old that should be carried on by the new.