Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad taking his 15-yr daughter for the first time, need a camping spot

Default Dad taking his 15-yr daughter for the first time, need a camping spot

I need a camping site. She wants to be there so bad.
    Last edited by serdar; 03-25-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Default Re: Dad taking his 15-yr daughter for the first time, need a camping spot

Good luck getting a pass, friend.
    Last edited by quicksand; 03-27-2010 at 06:05 AM.

Default Re: Dad taking his 15-yr daughter for the first time, need a camping spot

Quote Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
    Your wizard sleeve daughter won't be able to camp you stupid fucking asshole it's 18+
    ...unless she is with her father you fucking imbecile.

Im tired of everyone being a dick to noobs by responding with false information.

Your wizard sleeve daughter won't be able to camp you stupid fucking asshole it's 18+
    um .. no he is not the asshole here

ONSITE CAMPING RULES & FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

* All camping attendees MUST be 18 years of age or older & have a valid I.D. or be accompanied by legal guardian. Sorry NO exceptions..

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Lol, having a bad day Mr. Sand?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

holy shit

In regards to Steve Aoki's appearance at future Coachellas:
    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Only if you say his name thrice while in the bathroom at night with the lights turned out.

kill yourself

"Daddy's home"

Quicksand is just pissed because he slacked on getting a camping pass and is now Shit Outta Luck.

jerk ..chill out..

My dad was the bomb growing up and took me to shows all the time. He would have been with me camping if i was 15 and begging to see my favorite bands..

Good luck pops!
    Last edited by Norwalkguy; 03-26-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Banned

baha quicksand you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksand

Way to be a dick.
    Way to be a dick to a father.
    Way to be a dick to a father trying to do something nice for his little girl.

[ Friday ]Them Crooked Vultures Jay-Z Benny Benassi Passion Pit
    [ Saturday ] Muse Porcupine Tree Faith No More Mew Tiesto The Dead Weather Pretty Lights
    [ Sunday ] Gorillaz Thom Yorke MuteMath Yann Tiersen Phoenix Orbital

Cool Re: Dad taking his 15-yr daughter for the first time, need a camping spot

Quote Originally Posted by serdar View Post
    good luck man... it's gonna be expensive now...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

jesus. hostile for no reason. hope this guy finds a camp site just cause

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

if by some chance you can't get a ticket, DO NOT fall for those $800 ebay scammer assholes. just show up, and walk around a bit until you find a site with some extra space, especially in the car camping area where a lot of folks will just be parking for tent camping. someone will let you crash. if your daughter wants to come to coachella and you're willing to make it happen, don't let the lack of a camping pass (or qicksand being a jerk) get in your way

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    if by some chance you can't get a ticket, DO NOT fall for those $800 ebay scammer assholes. just show up, and walk around a bit until you find a site with some extra space, especially in the car camping area where a lot of folks will just be parking for tent camping. someone will let you crash. if your daughter wants to come to coachella and you're willing to make it happen, don't let the lack of a camping pass (or qicksand being a jerk) get in your way
    Ditto what pilgrim said. Talk to brokendoll here as a last resort and you might be able to camp in their yard ...or .... I would agree I bet you might find a camping spot for sale there ...or .... I didn't check or read but isn't just car camping sold out? If so, sure car camping is nicer, just go with the tent camping only .... DONT DO EBAY ... once it starts on camping tickets, they will never go away .....
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

^The only camping that is not sold out is the Safari tents, at $5000 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    ^The only camping that is not sold out is the Safari tents, at $5000 a pop.
    wow I thought it was only car camping. Well next year I am going to buy 10 camping spots (around 550-600 huh) and then sell them only to my friends (at cost of course with a little barter .... It is crazy they don't have more camping. I have begged for in and out for years but I don't think the change is what is making this year sell so well (albiet it really helps GV). If it wasn't so close to the fest I would just get a time share there for a week and let you guys party and then if I needed a favor, I know you would be there ....

Thanks a lot to all those who responded with suggestions. Despite the initial shocker from the very first reply, we are still hopeful that someone will have a spot to share. Unfortunately my daughter saw the first reply to my post, so her very first encounter with the event has been bad. All along I have been telling her things like "It'll be so cool, everyone is so friendly, you'll meet so many cool and interesting people", and then boom, this bozo comes along. It's my luck...
    Last edited by serdar; 03-26-2010 at 10:03 AM.

All along I have been telling here things like "It'll be so cool, everyone is so friendly, you'll meet so many cool and interesting people", and then boom, this bozo comes along. It's my luck...
    You'r right, at the fest, these people are some of the friendliest people on the planet. Some people on this board just get tired of reading the same posts and are douchebags about it. I'm rooting for you now, good luck!
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Thanks a lot to all those who responded with suggestions. Despite the initial shocker from the very first reply, we are still hopeful that someone will have a spot to share. Unfortunately my daughter saw the first reply to my post, so her very first encounter with the event has been bad. All along I have been telling here things like "It'll be so cool, everyone is so friendly, you'll meet so many cool and interesting people", and then boom, this bozo comes along. It's my luck...
    Rest assured that the demographic on this board is the polar opposite of that at the festival. It has been my experience in my 6 years attending that everyone at the festival is there to have a good time and make friends. Hope it works out for you! An alternative option is camping at Lake Cahuilla, they might still have overflow spots and it's really close by...

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120

Happy Coachella!

Lurker

serdar you are an extremely chill pops. mad respect man. im talking to a friend right now to see if there is any room at my spot. ill definitely get back to you bro. if not though i wish you the best of luck

Quicksand, you, along with several others on this message board, are an embarrassment to the rest of us here. I mean, has it occurred to you that maybe someone new has a question and they figure the Coachella site and message board would probably have the best answers or advice? Or, like myself, came to this message board wanting to learn more about Coachella and the people who attend the festival? No, you'd rather stroke that elitest little attitude of yours by being an asshole instead. Why don't you and the other rude assholes do us all a favor and sink back down to the bottom of the barrel where quicksand belongs, and save us the embarrassment of having you represent Coachella...

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    ...unless she is with her father you fucking imbecile.
    Im tired of everyone being a dick to noobs by responding with false information.
    Seriously, when tickets and imfo came out and the board got bombarded with new people looking for imformation, they were met with a bunch of rude, inconsiderate know-it-alls who think they're funny, yet couldn't give a proper answer or even a helpful tip. It amazes me how many times a new person has asked or made a statement as to how rude the message board people around here are. Personally, that's not the way I want to be represented, and I'm sure others would agree.

My apology to the OP for the first impression he may have gotten about Coachella. Let me check with our group and how the space in our campsite looks, as I'm sure others will do, and I'm pretty sure you and your daughter will have a place to camp and enjoy the festival along with the rest of us.

you snooze. you lose
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Lurker

Talking Re: Dad taking his 15-yr daughter for the first time, need a camping spot

what i dont understand is what makes him an asshole...quicksand clearly has quicksand in his cooch thus making him a little bitch

Lurker

Well said, Broken. I totally agree.

Serder, my Dad took me to concerts and festival all the time when I was younger, and they are the best memories! Now that he's older and doesn't rock out quite as often, I'm so glad we had that time together. He introduced me to all the things I now love.

Don't worry, it will all come together. Just plan to go and it will work out one way or another, and I know you'll find some cool and respectful Coachella-goers willing to add to their camp

Just because it is Friday How about the other end of the spectrum? In a couple of years I might be too old to handle Coachella on my own. Will you good folks point me in the right direction if it looks like I am heading to LA instead of the main stage ...

Banned

my son is 12 and im taking him for hsi first time at coachella so if you drink beer and bring a case, then ill probably have room and im actually looking for some family types to camp with just so the boy is comfortable... and he is trained to sit by the gate while daddy goes to the beer garden!

all good... hope it works out and if you need space, let me know

Trained to sit by the gate? I hope you're kidding.