Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 48495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1604

Thread: Roger Waters The Wall Tour 2010-2011

Default Re: Roger Waters The Wall Tour 2010-2011

That picture is phenomenal.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Watched it Sunday in SD. It was really fucking cool. Not my top show of all time, but it's up there. Wish I could make it to the la show

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    For the people who have seen this, where does it rank in your top shows of all time? I refuse to watch it on YouTube so I have no idea what I am in for besides seeing a couple random pictures
    It was the best show that I saw in 2010, but probably doesn't crack my all time Top 20 or so.
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)
    11/08 - Seu Jorge - Luckman (?)
    11/09 - Slowdive - Ace

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

For the people who have seen this, where does it rank in your top shows of all time? I refuse to watch it on YouTube so I have no idea what I am in for besides seeing a couple random pictures
    A great show etc...but I've seen some monumental shows.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Spoiled fucks
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

It's hard for me to rank because it felt more like attending the theatre than a concert. It was excellent, however, and I wouldn't have traded the experience for much.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I have floor seats for Saturday's show at the Coliseum. Can't wait.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    That picture is phenomenal.
    haha...I see me and my two friends in the picture!! amazing...

just got my tickets for saturday night at the colliseum! mid level but dead center. anyone see this video roger waters posted on Facebook this week of David and Nick practicing with him? is that a hint at them playing together on saturday night? I mean of all the weeks to post it he posts it this week and the fact that they recorded most of the Wall in LA. strange coincidence? I think i would just about die if they did show up together... even if it was just for comfortably numb.
    eat sleep dab repeat

Did the floor this time in Phoenix and enjoyed it much more than 2010 when we were on the side.

Also, who didn't shed a tear when that little girl sees her dad during Bring the Boys Back Home? It's a fantastic show, but also has some important messages.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    It's hard for me to rank because it felt more like attending the theatre than a concert. It was excellent, however, and I wouldn't have traded the experience for much.
    I agree with this. There is no other concert like this to compare it to. It's both theatrical and musical. It's really a great experience. If you like The Wall even a little bit this show is a must see IMO. I've seen it 3 times now and I would consider it again if the ticket was cheaper.

I guess the pig crashed during the SF show and got crowd surfed around and torn apart when the wall was knocked down. Epic shit.

I can't wait for tomorrow! I don't even know what seats we have since we won them, but I'll probably be too high to even care.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I wouldn't put it anywhere near my top shows of all time. But most would disagree with me.
    Not even my favorite show of the month. It was fun to watch though.

Holy Shit that was awesome, definitely better than the arena tour

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Not even my favorite show of the month. It was fun to watch though.
    I'd rather watch the movie at home with free beer and a great sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I'd rather watch the movie at home with free beer and a great sound system.
    The sound at last night's show was among the best I've ever heard. You missed something spectacular.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Definitely impressive show, and to echo what has already been said about the sound it was phenomenal! I had seats in section 19 first level. I showed up late and to my dismay the whole section was pretty much blocked off by the massive projector . scrambled to find better seats but wish ticketmaster had sold those tickets as limited/obstructed view cause that was definitely the case. The whole section had disbanded to find better seats as well I'm assuming cause you couldn't really see shit. I really wanna check this out again sometime if I get the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I guess the pig crashed during the SF show and got crowd surfed around and torn apart when the wall was knocked down. Epic shit.
    It's part of the show. Last night at the Coliseum they brought the pig down into the crowd at the back of the field level and they deflated it. Still, a unique form of audience participation.

They had to perform The Thin Ice twice because there was an issue with Roger's mic and as he began to sing his first vocal only the sound of the backup singers came through. It was interesting to see this huge production grind to a halt for about five minutes while he sorted out the technical issues. Didn't affect the experience for me at all. I can see how people would rank this show as one of their all time favorites. I'd put it in my top ten and am very glad I made the choice to go. Like other people have stated before in this thread, anyone who has had an interest in The Wall should make this a mandatory event.

Hrmm if you look up a video you can see it in the crowd during run like hell. Different then what I saw last night. And security was yelling "hands off the pig" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Definitely impressive show, and to echo what has already been said about the sound it was phenomenal! I had seats in section 19 first level. I showed up late and to my dismay the whole section was pretty much blocked off by the massive projector . scrambled to find better seats but wish ticketmaster had sold those tickets as limited/obstructed view cause that was definitely the case. The whole section had disbanded to find better seats as well I'm assuming cause you couldn't really see shit. I really wanna check this out again sometime if I get the opportunity.
    I was in the same boat in section 11 row 49. Before the show there were workers handing out alternate tickets to people with obstructed views. I ended up getting a way better seat in section 9 row 25.

If this happens to anyone at any future dates be sure to ask the security guards about the obstructed view so they can point you in the direction of the people handing out alternate tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    I was in the same boat in section 11 row 49. Before the show there were workers handing out alternate tickets to people with obstructed views. I ended up getting a way better seat in section 9 row 25.

If this happens to anyone at any future dates be sure to ask the security guards about the obstructed view so they can point you in the direction of the people handing out alternate tickets.
    I had something similiar, must have been out of my section when that happened but I self upgraded forward anyway.

Here's my shitty picture of piggy. Enjoy

Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I had amazing seats at the LA Coliseum: Section 1, Row 18.

Last edited by wstsidela; 05-21-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Yeah you did.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Hmm maybe a nice road trip?

An historic performance of ‘Roger Waters – The Wall’ will take place in Québec City on Saturday July 21st. This final date of the 2012 tour will feature the largest wall ever built.

Roger Waters says: “I’ve always loved playing in Québec. The Québécois are a very passionate and musical people and we’ll be playing on the Fields of Abraham. This is going to be completely unlike any of The Wall shows we’ve done anywhere else in the world.“

The word is “The Wall” fans will see in Québec City at Fields Of Abraham July 21 will be more than two-times as large as the wall that’s been constructed before hundreds of thousands of fans since the tour launched in 2010. Measuring more than 250 meters, “The Wall” in Québec City will mark only the second time the work has been performed outdoors and on this scale.

The first time was the historic 1990 performance in Berlin celebrating the fall of that city’s infamous wall that imprisoned East Berliners under the yoke of Communism from 1961 until 1989.

Along with a much bigger wall, Waters’ performance will feature a full surround-sound system guaranteed to “shake the entire site” and will include additional lighting and pyrotechnics.

A limited number of priority tickets (wristbands) will be available in advance of the public sale for fans who register on RogerWaters.com between 9:00am on Wednesday May 23rd and 9pm Thursday May 31st.

10/24 BV day party @ Baby's
    10/24 Dusky @ Verboten
    10/25 BV day party @ Baby's
    10/25 Slowdive @ T5
    10/25 Raresh @ TBA
    10/26 Thurston Moore @ Rough Trade

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

wstsidela, those look similar to the seats I will have on the 3rd. Great pics.

Exact same seating chart for The Wall's show at Xcel in St Paul.
    I have section 103, row 1, 18 & 19 - Purchased at 179 a piece + fees. I saw seats a few rows behind mine for 300+
    Last edited by Neighborhood Creep; 05-23-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

They should have had this show at the Blockbuster Pavilion

I have section 103, row 1, 18 & 19
    Yeah dude, if this is your first time seeing it you are going to have a killer show. Awesome seats. Cheers!

wstsidela, those look similar to the seats I will have on the 3rd. Great pics.

Exact same seating chart for The Wall's show at Xcel in St Paul.
    I have section 103, row 1, 18 & 19 - Purchased at 179 a piece + fees. I saw seats a few rows behind mine for 300+
    Without a doubt, the best show I've ever seen. The seats were amazing. The scale of the spectacle is almost too much on the floor. Prepare to have your mind blown.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Yeah dude, if this is your first time seeing it you are going to have a killer show. Awesome seats. Cheers!
    I missed the original tour 30 years ago. It was worth the wait.