Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters The Wall Tour 2010-2011

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: Roger Waters The Wall Tour 2010-2011

Quote Originally Posted by darksideofkaos. View Post
    Ok so the dates you can sign up for the presale for that are not on the list of dates are:

San Diego
    Oakland
    Albany
    Atlantic City
    Milaukee
    Coachella 2011

I'm thinking that I might want to go to the San Diego date or possibly the Las Vegas date as well. Since the Vegas date is the day after Thanksgiving I may just make a weekend out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    One other reason Waters isnt playing Staples, is this tour is through Live Nation. AEG does all their arena shows at Staples....
    Jay-Z was at Staples...

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

So reading through the FAQ it appears that the way the presale is going to work is first come first served when the presale starts and it is done exclusively through rogerwaters.com. You will not know your seats until 6-8 weeks after you have purchased them... this kind of reminds me of the way NIN worked their shows. I'm glad they are doing this, I just think it is going to make it that much more difficult to get a good seat though.

Edit: Last line says tickets go onsale in mid-May

Also noticed that the FAQ mentioned an AMEX presale (obviously) and something about iTunes so I'm guessing there is also going to be some sort of iTunes presale. Now correct me if I'm wrong but normally when there is an iTunes presale you have to purchase an album/video and they send you a presale code. I wonder what album it could be for this upcoming tour... I mean obviously The Wall, but there has been lots of talk about the original Wall shows being released on Bluray/DVD sometime this year. It may be coming sooner than we think
    Last edited by darksideofkaos.; 04-12-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    Jay-Z was at Staples...
    Honda Center wasnt open for the date, and you know he wasnt going to play the Forum. Can you blame him.

One other reason Waters isnt playing Staples, is this tour is through Live Nation. AEG does all their arena shows at Staples....
    Whatever the case, The Forum is a giant awful turd of a venue. I saw Megadeth/Sabbath and AC/DC there recently. The bands were great. But the sound was atrocious. And the facilities were ghetto. Geezus I'd rather pee at Coachella than the Forum- THAT'S how bad it is! It dims my enthusiasm for this but I'll still end going. It's The Wall fer chrissakes.

So when do tickets go on sale? I don't care which I end up at (The Forum or Honda Center), I'll fucking be at one of them.
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/14 DFA 1979 @ Troubadour
    8/16 Detroit Swindle vs Leon Vynehall @ Standard
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    So when do tickets go on sale? I don't care which I end up at (The Forum or Honda Center), I'll fucking be at one of them.
    Mid-May. If you sign up at RogerWaters.com you will have a chance to be chosen for an exclusive presale. It looks as though there will also be an AMEX presale and iTunes presale. Roger's site also says there will be premium tickets available

Mid-May. If you sign up at RogerWaters.com you will have a chance to be chosen for an exclusive presale. It looks as though there will also be an AMEX presale and iTunes presale. Roger's site also says there will be premium tickets available
    Translation = prepared to be royally screwed by TM and the brokers using uber-software to snap up all the good seats.

Honda Center wasnt open for the date, and you know he wasnt going to play the Forum. Can you blame him.
    true. i've gotta say though, as shitty as the Forum is, a Jay show there would've been EPIC.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Translation = prepared to be royally screwed by TM and the brokers using uber-software to snap up all the good seats.
    Well the RogerWaters.com presale has nothing to do with ticketmaster, the tickets are distributed through rogerwaters.com from an allotment that they have set aside.

But yes, for the rest of the seats prepare to be fisted by ticketmaster

Well the RogerWaters.com presale has nothing to do with ticketmaster, the tickets are distributed through rogerwaters.com from an allotment that they have set aside.

But yes, for the rest of the seats prepare to be fisted by ticketmaster
    you act like tix are gonna be much cheaper through RW...

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    you act like tix are gonna be much cheaper through RW...
    Pffft never said tickets would be cheaper just said you wouldn't have to go through ticketmaster if you are one of the ones chosen for the presale. Still going to be $350 for floor no matter where you go through... non scalper of course.

EDIT: If you are lucky it might be $275-300 in markets other than L.A, N.Y., and Chicago!!!
    Last edited by darksideofkaos.; 04-12-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Ah, if you really want to see this show, I wouldn't get too caught up in the whole ticket issue. It's going to be a clusterfark with almost no one paying face value for good seats. I mean, even TM has turned into a scalper lately by taking premium seats and "auctioning" them to the highest bidder. Btw, "auctioning" = scalping. That's what happens when you have monopolies though. TM is the only option for buying tickets in most cases.

Ah, if you really want to see this show, I wouldn't get too caught up in the whole ticket issue. It's going to be a clusterfark with almost no one paying face value for good seats. I mean, even TM has turned into a scalper lately by taking premium seats and "auctioning" them to the highest bidder. Btw, "auctioning" = scalping. That's what happens when you have monopolies though. TM is the only option for buying tickets in most cases.
    Sign up and hope you get selected for the presales... Still going to have to pay a shit ton but avoid the Ticketmaster shit

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I was near the soundboard for DSOTM and thos tickets were under $100 face value. Lets see what happens.

Wont be that way this time. He is plsying to a good 30% less people a night because its an arena. How will you make up that money difference.....

Relax Sonny, lets not start a whole scalping debate. I'm ok with scalping. I've used scalpers and have scalped. Write your congressperson to make it illegal if you don't like it. Living in Phoenix you can see most big shows for less than face value because of the market. I've paid over face value for prime seat selection and I have had extra tickets to a hot show where i've made a few bucks. Not to mention artists can take precautions if they really wanted to just like NIN has and many others. My point is everyone has different ideas as to what they think is acceptable or morally acceptable when it comes to scalping.

Wont be that way this time. He is plsying to a good 30% less people a night because its an arena. How will you make up that money difference.....
    Oh i'm sure he will maximize his profits but I think you will be able to witness this event for around $100 if you don't care about sitting in "premium" seating. We'll see what price levels are offered though. I'm gonna get my hopes up about affordable tickets though.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

I try to never ever ever be in San Jose.
    And now I shall have to break that cherished rule.

ha ha, I didn't realize who you were on facebook until now.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

:P

Taken from Ticketmaster...

Nassau Coliseum
    Tickets Onsale: May 10
    AMEX Presale: May 3 - May 9
    iTunes Presale: May 6 - May 9
    AOL Presale: May 7 - May 8

Ticket Prices: $55.00 - $250.00

Same thing goes for the New Jersey show at IZOD Center

$250? Fuck no. It'll be $350 at the Forum because LA always gets gouged.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Again, why would you need to be in those $350 seats? Sounds like a huge waste of money, the wall is HUGE and you want to be back a bit. No closer than the soundboard. Starting at $55 is perfect. I'll definitely have a decent seat in phoenix for $100.

This is true. Of course, I don't think the best sound people in the world can save the acoustics at the Forum, so if I saw this there, floor would be necessary.

Actually, nevermind. I'll probably end up seeing this in San Jose if I go. What's that venue like?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    $250? Fuck no. It'll be $350 at the Forum because LA always gets gouged.
    Yeah $350 is about right. Fax is right that you obviously DO NOT want to sit up front for a show like this because you will miss a lot of what is going on. To truely appreciate the full scope of the show you would want to sit between rows 15-30 on the floor and it will be perfect.

I think a lot of ppl are like me and guage ticket prices by the most expensive ones and then try to go for the most expensive tickets but take what we can get as long as its good.

I really want to go to the Vegas show. I'm just happy there is a Phoenix date so I know I won't be missing this show. This has to be the easiest major market to get concert tickets in.

This is true. Of course, I don't think the best sound people in the world can save the acoustics at the Forum, so if I saw this there, floor would be necessary.

Actually, nevermind. I'll probably end up seeing this in San Jose if I go. What's that venue like?
    The best sound people in the world saved The Forum, for Nine Inch Nails back in 2008. Those same people do sound for Roger Waters also, and Radiohead.

Hp Pavillion is a hockey arena, its very nice though.

I'm sure it sounded great on the floor but did you hear the sound for NIN in the seats, though?

Looks like HP Pavilion for me, either way. I am sure my father wants to go to this and that's the closest to him.

I'm sure it sounded great on the floor but did you hear the sound for NIN in the seats, though?

Looks like HP Pavilion for me, either way. I am sure my father wants to go to this and that's the closest to him.
    Ask Bmack, he was in the seats. Also a friend of mine was sitting in the nosebleeds and said it sounded amazing. So you really doubt the same people who do sound for Radiohead cant get it done at the forum?