Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electric Picnic 2010

Default Re: Electric Picnic 2010

http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2011/

Friday: Twin Shadow->Warpaint->Pains of Being Pure at Heart->Santigold->DJ Shadow->Shit Robot->epic fire and lightning at Arcadia
    Saturday: Blonde Redhead->OMD->Lykke Li->Arcade Fire->Trentemoller->Chemical Brothers
    Sunday: Esben & the Witch->Beirut->Underworld->Pulp

Holy moly.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Just filling out the last of my paperwork, starting to pack my stuff. The weather forecast looks like the bloody endtimes, but so it goes.

Turns out my dad is working at it too, he's a firefighter and his crew are covering it. They head down the day after me, sadly, it would have been awesome to throw all my camping stuff in the fire engine rather than dragging it down on public transport.

Having very carefully excised every Arcade Fire-related item of clothing from my giant rucksack, I'm all set. See you guys Monday.

not fair

Out of interest, all the crews I've spoken to compared this to Outside Lands.

Well that was spiffing.

Funnest band to deal with, by far, were Rubberbandits. And later, their strippers. Fun times all round.

Twin Shadow was terrific and I really enjoyed what I saw of Foster The People. Although I did love Let England Shake, I was really underwhelmed by PJ Harvey's set on the mainstage, wasn't feeling it at all. Arcade Fire were great, and sweet, but I think Pulp win the weekend performance wise.

That's all I can think of, might do a proper review when I've had a bit more sleep. I am so fucking tired I could die.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Well that was spiffing.

Funnest band to deal with, by far, were Rubberbandits. And later, their strippers. Fun times all round.

Twin Shadow was terrific and I really enjoyed what I saw of Foster The People. Although I did love Let England Shake, I was really underwhelmed by PJ Harvey's set on the mainstage, wasn't feeling it at all. Arcade Fire were great, and sweet, but I think Pulp win the weekend performance wise.

That's all I can think of, might do a proper review when I've had a bit more sleep. I am so fucking tired I could die.
    Awesome. Wish I could have made it out there. Like Primavera, this was THE year to go to Electric Picnic. I agree about PJ Harvey. New album is great, likely my favorite, but it just doesn't work on a festival main stage. The noise and inane crowd chatter drown it out.

How was the weather? The ground looks surprisingly mud-free in a lot of the pics I've seen on flickr.

Aaaah fuck! Blonde Redhead played Misery Is A Butterfly. They have always skipped that one whenever I've seen them.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

It's the last time.....

The weather, astonishingly, held off. The dust was really bad on Friday, I had to run to town for masks for everyone. It rained fairly heavily that night, but otherwise it was actually fairly dry and towards evening, really cold. Today, as I was in the truck heading home, the heavens opened and it hasn't stopped raining since, so it was pretty miraculous.

I posted this elsewhere, but it's a sweet interview anyway, so -

- "First we take the Picnic, then we take the world!"

I might have a few photos at some stage, but I can't remember taking that many. Best Electric Picnic I've ever been to, easily, I hadn't realised just how much I'd missed it.

I think I still have facepaint in one ear.

Was gonna upload a couple of photos, but this is a neater representation of EP than I can offer, just in case anybody is considering next year -

Last edited by MissingPerson; 09-09-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Bat for Lashes has been added. Damn Euro fests.

I thought this was the best Electric Picnic yet, this year was amazing weather too. MissingPerson I was working at this years festival too, have you ever thought about doing advanced volunteering. I was down on the 27th August this year, so done all my work and was free for the actual weekend. Here is my review, hopefully you will enjoy. http://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/20...c-picnic-2012/