Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where is The Sahara Headliner????

Default Re: Where is The Sahara Headliner????

THE KNIFE THE KNIFE THE KNIFE THE KNIFE
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Sunday is really weak. That should be where they add Underworld.

Portishead and/or underworld please.
    oh and you can put them up against the peppers on saturday.

thank you.

Portishead (not a Sahara tent kind of band, but they should be added)
    Underworld (never seen them live, really hope they get added)

I'm not saying Steve Lawler is a headliner, but I'm pretty surprised he isn't playing. He's had a huge year. Also I think the Stanton Warriors are overdue for a Coachella slot. They would definitely get some asses shaking. I still think Underworld will get announced. The same kind of buzz was happening last year about Daft Punk when they didn't appear on the initial lineup and then it happened. I'd love Portishead but I just don't see it happening...

FACE IT BE HONEST THIS LINEUP SUCKS

Radiohead is bigger than depechemode.

Smile Re: Where is The Sahara Headliner????

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    now that im thinking about it, maybe willie nelson will do a DJ set
    Ok now this would be something to see!! DJ Willie breaking it down!

I could be wrong, but I don't think there was ever a poster last year that didn't list Daft Punk and Massive Attack. I believe they were announced a day or two after PF posted the initial lineup on the board, and only then did the poster go up (again I could be wrong, but that's the way I remember it). If so, it makes me wonder if they're really waiting to announce any major Sahara acts or if the top of the lineup is basically set, with a few smaller adds, a late surprise or two (ie Madonna and Kanye last year) and the inevitable dropout(s) all that's going to change from here ...

Underworld was alright when I saw them a few years ago, nothing to rave about. They should bring in Eddie Halliwell or Steve Lawler, for sure.

Tiesto is cool because he doesn't play the US very often. PvD, on the otherhand, plays at least 6 times a year in LA alone. So who cares...

I would love to see Cicada! Or Mylo... or some live P.A. from Pendulum, Freestylers, or Stanton Warriors! I guess none of them would be considered BIG "headliners" but would make for some great electronica in the Sahara tent.

I'm also very surprised to not see Basement Jaxx on the lineup since they recently came out with a new album. Their 2004 performance was one of the best I've ever seen!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

massive attack and daft punk are on my poster from last year. madonna's not on there, i know that much. but that's the printed poster. we're just getting the lineup, and i know massive attack was a late edition last year, i believe daft punk was too.

and a live pendulum set with ALL OF THEM would be cool. i'm sick of people putting pendulum on flyers when it's not all of them.

also, just because PVD is "pretty world famous", doesn't make him worth watching, and most certainly doesn't put him in the same headliner category as kraftwerk, the prodigy, the chemical bros. or daft punk. not even close.

i'm still sad i missed that bassment jaxx performance, i heard where's your head at was insane but alas, i believe i was in the giant sea of people waiting for the cure.

and i'll be seeing the stanton warriors in scottsdale on the 9th
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 01-23-2007 at 09:29 AM. Reason: needed to express remorse for missing the bassment jaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Amen on the Stanton Warriors. Was really hoping that a quality breaks act would be there - either them or the Plump DJ's. Just seemed to fit.

Also, Booka Shade or Trentemoller. I know they're not huge names in terms of crossover appeal, but Trentemoller especially would have destroyed the place.

It's really riding on Justice, MSTRKRFT, Soulwax, and Hawtin for me. Looks like Evil Nine is going to get the noontime Joey Beltram/Hybrid spot, which pretty much takes them out of the equation, sadly.

They could have gotten THREE quality acts for the price of one PVD or Tiesto.

Blah.

That'd be dope as hell if Evil Nine brought out Aesop Rock for 'Crooked'

what's the scoop with Tiesto?....i don't keep up with electronica that much but it seems that half the people i know LOVE him and half can't stand him

Quote Originally Posted by direwolf092386 View Post
    im sure that there are most likely millions of people who do not consider rage to be good music, but i also do not expect those people to be at coachella.... its rage against the machine---but i guess there not a big deal or anything!!!!!!!!!!
    Not for me. I don't give a damn about them. Different strokes etc. Not sure why they were brought up in a Sahara tent thread. That seems pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    what's the scoop with Tiesto?....i don't keep up with electronica that much but it seems that half the people i know LOVE him and half can't stand him
    When you're #1 three years in a row, you get a lot of backlash (starting to see this with PvD now too). Plus a lot of people don't like trance. Again, different strokes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaldesign View Post
    Tiesto is cool because he doesn't play the US very often. PvD, on the otherhand, plays at least 6 times a year in LA alone. So who cares...

I would love to see Cicada! Or Mylo... or some live P.A. from Pendulum, Freestylers, or Stanton Warriors! I guess none of them would be considered BIG "headliners" but would make for some great electronica in the Sahara tent.

I'm also very surprised to not see Basement Jaxx on the lineup since they recently came out with a new album. Their 2004 performance was one of the best I've ever seen!
    What are yout alking about, Tiesto plays Souther California constantly.

I want Underworld but here is a whole other line up from Creamfields this past year of DJ's

CREAMFIELDS 2006 Line-up

Main Stage

The Prodigy

Goldfrapp

The Zutons

Gnarls Barkley

Cream & Goodgreef Arena

Paul Van Dyk

Paul Oakenfold

Tiesto

Ferry Corsten

Armin Van Buuren

Eddie Halliwell

Marco V

Adam Sheriden

Gareth Wyn

Subliminal Sessions Arena

Erick Morillo

David Guetta

Harry 'Choo Choo' Romero

Steve Angello

Sebastian Ingrosso

Jose Nunez

Axwell

Jorge Jaramillo

Chibuku Arena

2 Many DJs

Green Velvet

Tiga

Plump DJs

Annie Mac

Switch

Touché

Circus & Cream Audio Deluxe Arena

Roger Sanchez

Timo Maas

X-Press 2

Mylo

Layo & Bushwaka!

Yousef

Hernan Cattaneo

Lewis Boardman

Beatdown
    Presented by Scratch Perverts

DJ Shadow

Andy C

Planet Pendulum

DJ Marky

DJ Hype

Friction

Future Bound

Foreign Beggars

Tidy Arena

BK

Tidy Boys

Mark EG

Andy Farley

Rob Tissera

Lisa Pin-Up

Lee Haslam

Paul Glazby

Amber D

Kutski

Paul Maddox

JP & Jukesey

Strongbow Ciderhouse

Coldcut

Digitalism

Spektrum

Erol Alkan

20:20 Soundsystem

M.A.N.D.Y

Kris Bones

Justice

Simian Mobile Disco

Hospitality Arena
    Hacienda & Cream Classics present...

Peter Hook (DJ)

Graeme Park

Arthur Baker

Jon Da Silva

Dave Haslam

K-Klass

Andy Mac

Bringing Mylo back to DJ would be sweet.

Does anyone know what happened to the Chemical Brothers? They are headliner material, and due to make another appearance.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

dude, they were here in 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

How sweet it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Yookeroo View Post
    Not for me. I don't give a damn about them. Different strokes etc. Not sure why they were brought up in a Sahara tent thread. That seems pretty lame.

When you're #1 three years in a row, you get a lot of backlash (starting to see this with PvD now too). Plus a lot of people don't like trance. Again, different strokes etc.
    I don't think it's nearly that black and white.

"#1" is a purely subjective ranking based on essentially a DJ Mag reader survey. So that's pretty much anyone who got dragged to a club where Tiesto was playing, rolled for the first time, and then saw his campaigning for votes for the DJ Mag poll on his MySpace page.

People hate on him and Oakenfold because they get all the best tunes delivered right to their doorstep, they charge astronomical fees based on name recognition, and frankly, they just can't mix as well as some truly talented DJ's out there. Plus their sets are generally predictable in terms of track selection. They are the equivalent of the Top 40 hip-hop DJ whereas the people who hate them want to see the equivalent of a ?uestlove or Jazzy Jeff spinning - someone with true talent and an appreciation for all different types of sub genres within their own genre.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyM View Post
    Im sorry, tiesto and PVD do not equal sahara headliners! where are fatboy slim and aphex twin?????? Glad i will see Justice (finally) and Dj shadow, but please, i seriously hope these arent the final sahara headliners!
    Are you nuts? Paul Van Dyk can headline any festival in the world! He sells out stadiums and back to back dates in Central Park.

Quote Originally Posted by devachan View Post
    Sunday is really weak. That should be where they add Underworld.
    If they do, i'm coming.

Quote Originally Posted by xbnmx View Post
    What are yout alking about, Tiesto plays Souther California constantly.
    In the last year, he has. Prior to that, no he didn't. Maybe once or twice a year. He makes more money doing "Tiesto in Concert" live shows with 70k people there JUST for him outside of the States.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I want Underworld but here is a whole other line up from Creamfields this past year of DJ's

CREAMFIELDS 2006 Line-up
    Now this is a party.

Quote Originally Posted by chronnyunitas View Post
    I don't think it's nearly that black and white.

"#1" is a purely subjective ranking based on essentially a DJ Mag reader survey.
    Well, yeah. Still causes resentment and backlash. This always happens when a band/DJ/artist hit big.

So that's pretty much anyone who got dragged to a club where Tiesto was playing, rolled for the first time, and then saw his campaigning for votes for the DJ Mag poll on his MySpace page.
    *shrug* Plenty of DJs ask for votes. I don't blame them. The higher you rank, the more money you make. That's pretty good incentive. And those that are producers as well would probably love to have their creations heard by as many as possible, ranking high in the poll helps this. I can never bash any artist for wanting success.

People hate on him and Oakenfold because they get all the best tunes delivered right to their doorstep, they charge astronomical fees based on name recognition,
    Sounds like jealousy and resentment. When you draw lots of people to your gigs, you get to charge more. This true in all walks of life.

and frankly, they just can't mix as well as some truly talented DJ's out there. Plus their sets are generally predictable in terms of track selection.
    I wonder if this is more of the result of being so exposed.

They are the equivalent of the Top 40 hip-hop DJ whereas the people who hate them want to see the equivalent of a ?uestlove or Jazzy Jeff spinning - someone with true talent and an appreciation for all different types of sub genres within their own genre.
    I'm sure there are some who do feel this way. But there's also a big backlash factor. Read some of the PvD comments on this board. You never heard nearly that amount negativity before he hit #1. If the Jazzy Jeff equivalent hit #1, they'd face backlash. It's human nature. There's always a reaction by some against things that get poplular.

Quote Originally Posted by lethaldesign View Post
    In the last year, he has. Prior to that, no he didn't. Maybe once or twice a year. He makes more money doing "Tiesto in Concert" live shows with 70k people there JUST for him outside of the States.
    A couple times a year is really quite a bit. And with his new album coming out, I bet we see more of him this year.

I like Tiësto and PvD, but the complaint that they're overexposed here does have some merit. So Cal is great in that we get a steady stream of some great DJ/electronica talent, sometimes hitting L.A., OC & SD is a weekend. It takes a Daft Punk or Kraftwerk to get us really excited. It's easy to get jaded. Maybe I should be more forgiving of this year's Sahara lineup.

VNV nation could headline the sahara!

Smile Re: Where is The Sahara Headliner????

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy View Post
    THE KNIFE THE KNIFE THE KNIFE THE KNIFE
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    YESSSSS!!

PVD - Sucks.. He plays so. cal all the time.. never impresses me

Tiesto - Better.. He doesn't really play So. Cal as much.. but he is just a trance dj.. can do better

Faithless - So excited.. Never seen them.. I definitely think they qualify as a headliner.

Underworld - Never seen them, they don't come around often, would be a great headline.

Basement Jaxx - I love them to death, but I saw them at 04, and at the bowl, and Detour

Chemical Brothers - Saw them at Coachella 05.. They were awesome.. Would LIKE to see them again.. they are one of my favorite electronica acts, but I'm sure they will be back.

Fatboy Slim - Never seen him, would really love to see him added.. He doesn't play So. Cal often either

Prodigy - Would be cool to see again.. Although they just played at Rokout

Portishead - FUCK YEA! Don't know if would be in Sahara Tent though..

Rabbit in the Moon - Would be a nice addition to Coacella.. they definitely feel like a Coachella band.. but not headline material (they play so cal ALL the time)

Royksopp - Hell yea, I would kind of like to see them on mainstage or outdoor stage though.. I saw them with Basement Jaxx at Hollywood bowl in 04.. they are so good.

The Knife - I am getting into them.. I would really love to see them added.. along with Royksopp to do a live performance of "What else is there?"

The Orb - Woud be fun!

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff