Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where is The Sahara Headliner????

Default Re: Where is The Sahara Headliner????

bring back kaskade!!!!!!!!!

Coachella Junkie

This same thread with the same artist names could have existed 5 years ago. Dance music sure is progressive.

hey Pot!

The headliners existed 8 years ago. How's that for progressive?
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Aphex Twin and Fatboy Slim have my vote.

How about The Prodigy? They are a great band that has not played in awhile. they have been recording some new tracks this past year and could get the Sahara dancing Friday Saturday or Sunday... PS I'd also like to see Future Funk Squad

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    hey Pot!

There are innumberable bands/artists who could seriously be considered for main stage headliners whereas these threads are always people arguing over the same old dozen or so acts.

We really only need Basement Jaxx and Underworld.

I agree with Pot here. Except for Daft Punk, I don't understand why people seem to want a duplicate Sahara tent experience every year. Prodigy? Played twice already. Underworld? Better, but played twice. Chemical Brothers? They have played 4 times!!! (maybe 5?) Tiesto and PVD? Shameful.
    It's time for something NEW.
    Last edited by KenMixtape; 01-22-2007 at 04:21 PM.

prodigy played 2005.......

but anyways, i am very happy with this years line-up, there are atleast 20 bands im dying to see, but if youre gonna top notch everything else.....BRING IN SOME BIG NAME TECHNO ACT! im pretty sure theyre gonna add someone else though......daft punk was added 3 or 4 days after they announced the lineup..........

im holding out for aphex twin!

Prodigy have been playing for the past two years pretty much since Coachella 2005. They just played San Fran on thanksgiving. Basement jaxx live set would be f*cking awesome again like in 2004. I just hope there isn't a major conflict on Sunday. I think RATM is great on CD, but everything live I have heard or seen hasn't impressed me (I never saw them perform in person just on DVD) but if Underworld is playing against them, it's a tough call just for the fact that the energy with be explosive at both stages.

i was pulling for richie hawtin, so i am really happy and might get pulled to the sahara tent...again.

I second bringing back Kaskade, I could go for bringing in Gabriel and Dresden again too.

Would VNV headline Sahara?

Being that they're two thirds of the way down the lineup on the poster, no.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

they got a raw deal...they are amazing.

I'm gonna call it....Royksopp!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KenMixtape View Post
    I agree with Pot here. Except for Daft Punk, I don't understand why people seem to want a duplicate Sahara tent experience every year. Prodigy? Played twice already. Underworld? Better, but played twice. Chemical Brothers? They have played 4 times!!! (maybe 5?) Tiesto and PVD? Shameful.

well lets reunite Leftfield

Happy Mondays could be doing the tent on Sunday they are dancy enough

Quote Originally Posted by xbnmx View Post
    Those of us who like to dance care.

Sasha and Digweed would be excellent, but they were just in LA for NYE.
    This sentiment makes me want to stab out my eyes with a pen.

Sasha and Digweed are tired, boring, and so far behind the curve it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by direwolf092386 View Post
    im sure that there are most likely millions of people who do not consider rage to be good music, but i also do not expect those people to be at coachella....
    Really? I wouldn't expect there to be many "Coachella people" who are into RATM, though sadly I do expect Coachella will be overrun by "RATM people." Hopefully, I won't cross paths with them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by direwolf092386 View Post
    its rage against the machine---but i guess there not a big deal or anything!!!!!!!!!!
    They're not. They're really not.

They were kind of a big deal when I was in high school and they were playing Lollapalooza back in 1993, but that was a long time ago and my musical taste was underdeveloped then, and the whole thing is now faintly embarrassing.

I feel like I'm one of the only 3 people that find RATM juvenile and annoying. thousands of priveleged white kids chanting "FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME" doesn't really do it for me.
    I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    This same thread with the same artist names could have existed 5 years ago. Dance music sure is progressive.
    The headliners suck, too.

Except for Bjork. Yes, she was around 8 years ago, but if you listen to the album she made then and the stuff she's making now you can tell that she's still developing and breaking new ground as an artist.

Except for Daft Punk, I don't understand why people seem to want a duplicate Sahara tent experience every year. Prodigy? Played twice already. Underworld? Better, but played twice. Chemical Brothers? They have played 4 times!!! (maybe 5?) Tiesto and PVD? Shameful.
    I think part of the problem is that, while dance music isn't stuck in a rut per se, the people doing really cool new stuff are still playing to very small niche markets, especially in Southern California, whereas the boring stuff still has a huge following of people who go to all the big massives to see the same shortlist of 10 DJs on a rotating basis.

"Wow, this year Nocturnal Uber-Massive has PVD and Paul Oakenfold! Last year they had John Digweed and Armin Van Buren! And then, after that, Giant Electric Wonderland has Armin Van Buren and Tiesto, not like last year when they had John Digweed and PVD! All these massives just keep having these amazing fresh lineups year after year!"

Meanwhile, PVD, Tiesto, Sasha and Digweed, Oakenfold, and the others are all sitting on a yacht somewhere in the Mediterranean taking bets on how long they can keep the scam going before someone notices.

The really exciting people in electronic dance music have cult followings now, not big enough to headline the Sahara tent, and the bulk of the fanbase doesn't seem to want anything other than a steady diet of the same old same old.

Personally, I wish they would just stick someone more innovative in to headline the big tent and count on them to shake asses and win people over, but I can see why they don't feel they can take that chance.

Give me Aphex Twin please!!! It will help in really not having to see all of RHCP on Saturday if there is something awesome happening in the Sahara. I left halfway through Coldplays set to see Chamicals in 2005 so why not...

no matter who it ends up being (ultimately)... day 1... oops, i mean saturday night... should always be closed out in the dance tent! there is just something 'bout it...
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzan View Post
    How about The Prodigy? They are a great band that has not played in awhile. they have been recording some new tracks this past year and could get the Sahara dancing Friday Saturday or Sunday... PS I'd also like to see Future Funk Squad
    The prodigy just headlined the rok out fest in san bernadino ca pretty recently, the turn out for them wasnt too large. A very poorly organized event indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by txjaxx View Post
    We really only need Basement Jaxx and Underworld.
    PORTISHEAD SATUDAY
    UNDERWORLD SUNDAY

That would blow my mind!! (with Bjork on Friday).

Wanna know who crossed my mind today? Future Sounds of London. They pulled out in 2004 and never came back, so whats the deal on that? Just putting it out there...

Faithless is a very capable headliner for the dance tent. They will put on a definite good show, hopefully they will be able to use their visuals which usually accompany their sets. But theyve been overdue for a Coachella appearance, of course, they are no Daft Punk.

Here's hoping Underworld still steps up to the plate.

how come nobody likes Tiesto? i saw him in Mexico like in November and he was amazing... sure he's about ready to die but he still puts on an amazing show... plus Paul Van Dyk is pretty world famous too...
    ~EJR~

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItSantoriTimes View Post
    how come nobody likes Tiesto? i saw him in Mexico like in November and he was amazing... sure he's about ready to die but he still puts on an amazing show... plus Paul Van Dyk is pretty world famous too...
    Its going to be tough to live up to Daft Punk last year thats why....

I think -Ziq would be interesting

I was expecting James Zabiela on the line up...never seen him live, but from what I've seen in videos he is doing great stuff...

and for headliner...underworld...or maybe Oakenfold can be there to press "play" on the Underworld CD like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrl23 View Post
    I was expecting James Zabiela on the line up...never seen him live, but from what I've seen in videos he is doing great stuff...

and for headliner...underworld...or maybe Oakenfold can be there to press "play" on the Underworld CD like last year.
    I don't think Underworld has ever done a set that's not live...guitars and all. They are too good to be like Paul Jokenfold (doesn't he just live at the empire polo fields or something??)