Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Default Re: lake cahuilla...

Yo what up homsnakes! Just confirmed and reserved my spot at the lake! There's still a few electricity sites available so get on them before your assed out!

Woo, got an electricity site for April 24-28.

Does everyone in the developed campsites bring an RV? I was hoping to load all our stuff into an SUV and a van.

We got the same 2 camping spots as past years.

Dan and Brian, time to rock out?

I hope we can go swimming again this year. That was a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Does everyone in the developed campsites bring an RV? I was hoping to load all our stuff into an SUV and a van.
    About half do. I'm bringing a rental car.

Good to know we wont be the only complete noobs out there with an SUV while everyone else is chillin in their RV.

Yeeahhh! Just booked our site, there was only like 5 developed sites left as of yesterday. Will be rental vehicle/tenting it!

The riverside site says electrical hookup. Is there also sewer hookup as well for trailer/motor home sites. If my friends are down, I plan on taking the parents trailer and setting up camp. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    The riverside site says electrical hookup. Is there also sewer hookup as well for trailer/motor home sites. If my friends are down, I plan on taking the parents trailer and setting up camp. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    There are 2 elecricity sites, and 2 regular sites left. None of the electricity and water sites are still available.

All the developed sites are reserved! I think that's the fastest ever, the lineup hasn't even been announced yet. If you plan on staying at Lake Cahuilla, I would suggest reserving an overflow site soon!

I haven't camped at Cahuilla since '04... how's the scene after the shows been the past couple years? Back in the day there were some RVs with sound and a general party atmosphere for at least a little while at night.

Got my electric site reserved and still debating whether to commandeer the family's Tioga for the weekend. We might just build shade and tent it to save $$$

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    I haven't camped at Cahuilla since '04... how's the scene after the shows been the past couple years? Back in the day there were some RVs with sound and a general party atmosphere for at least a little while at night.

Got my electric site reserved and still debating whether to commandeer the family's Tioga for the weekend. We might just build shade and tent it to save $$$
    I've camped there for the past 2 years, 06 and 07. Everyone parties the night before, thursday night last year. One festival nights I would say about half the campground parties til around 2-3. I't pretty dead after that. I think 04 was the last year that they did the unlimited overflow. It's probably not quite as crowded as when you were there.

People do bring RV's, I'd say maybe about half of the developed sites. I've never brought an RV before my friends and I are seriously considering it this year. Last year some people projected a light show/visualisation thing on a big wall and they played music along with it. That was pretty cool.

Nice. I do like a little activity after the show but some quiet time will definitely be appreciated before Mr. Sun crashes the party.

yaa lake cahuilla, my buddy and i were in overflow last year and we had a great time. I wasnt even planning on getting a developed spot cause overflow is just too much more fun haha. Im still amazed on how fast that went, it seems that last year it went much slower, i better get my spot soon

How much do they charge for the showers? Is it like a dollar a minute or what?

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    How much do they charge for the showers? Is it like a dollar a minute or what?
    I think it was like a dollar for about 5 minutes. Quarters. It's not too bad.

Also, please shower before you go in the pool. Thanks!

what exactly is an "overflow site"? this will be my 5th year at coachella/cahuilla and we've always just camped in the regular spots with hookups...is overflow the same as the primitive area (the area closer to the lake with no electricity)?
    noli me tangere.

04' 05' 06' 07' 08'

Quote Originally Posted by desertpartylove View Post
    is overflow the same as the primitive area (the area closer to the lake with no electricity)?
    Yes, also less shade. I've always camped in overflow. It's all good.

woot, the lake, it was so chill last year, except for the bats, in the bathroom.

the primitive area is like waaaaaaaaaaaaay on the the other side of the lake close to those rocky looking hill things.there are showers and random fire pitts scattered about here and there and usually less people around too. very cool to chill out and wind down from a very bz day at the show.only down side is that it's hot as hell and no shade and horse crap everywhere because of the horse stables neer by. also the road to the primitive area is unpaved and rather treacherous with no lighting at nite. we were lucky enough last year to have the moonlight help me and my buds find our way back to our tents.bring plenty of shade,water,ice,firewood and flashlights and everything should be dandy!
    Last edited by blackchango; 01-23-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    the primitive area is like waaaaaaaaaaaaay on the the other side of the lake close to those rocky looking hill things.
    Actually it is right near the other sites, it's not on the other side of the lake. You can see if you look at the map on the Lake Cahuilla map.

Talking Re: lake cahuilla...

yes there's that primitive area and then there's the "PRIMITIVE" area. I know exactly where you mean. Those sites are to the right of the general camping area and are paved with a little shade if your lucky enough to find a spot that has it. Last year I booked my reservation under the impression that I would be at those sites but was surprised when the ranger at the gate told me to make a left and I ended 4X4 ing to the PRIMITIVE area in my honda civic.Very beautiful part of the park however like I mentioned hot as hell and horse crap everywhere. Had a very great time! For those who havent reserved their spot do so now unless you dont mind camping on land that resembles the martian landscape.Been going to the show since 99 and have camped at cahuilla every year weather it be in a rv or tent. Coachella 08's gonna kick ass! Whatever your plans hope everone has a great time!
    Last edited by blackchango; 01-24-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    ... like I mentioned hot as hell and horse crap everywhere. Had a very great time!
    Sounds shitty.

LOL!! I'm telling ya bitch ! Have fun at thee show skater hater!

Each site has their own fire pit/grill right?

yes on the firepits for reserved sites but no if you're in the overflow/primitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by stewboss View Post
    yes on the firepits for reserved sites but no if you're in the overflow/primitive area.
    Overflow also has fire pits. I stayed in over flow the last 2 years.

it has fire pits, but they're scattered. you're not guaranteed one. we had to build our own ring with stones last year.
    but that was our choice, and an easy one, we went with camping next to a big shady tree instead of going for a fire pit
    05,06,07,08,09,10,11, 12 #1, 13 #1

Quote Originally Posted by jonprc View Post
    it has fire pits, but they're scattered. you're not guaranteed one. we had to build our own ring with stones last year.
    but that was our choice, and an easy one, we went with camping next to a big shady tree instead of going for a fire pit
    That's the right choice! Even if you don't have a fire pit, everyone is having fires. We usually just campfire hop the first night and get to know everyone. No one has ever not let us hang out at there campfire. Everyone is super friendly!

I don't know if this is the same as the "PRIMITIVE" primitive area or what, but I just called and booked a spot for the "Equestrian" area (I'm guessing this explains the horse crap). According to the Riverside county parks folks the spot does indeed have water and electric. They said normally the area isn't open but they are opening just for Coachella weekend. Sounded good to me.

They mentioned there were a few more spots left if anyone is still looking for something other than the gravel lot to the right of the developed spots.