Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Default Re: lake cahuilla...

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    The riverside county website says you can fish the lake, anyone do this before? Some tasty fish for breakfast would good.
    I would not eat anything from that lake. You aren't even allowed to swm in the water cause it's so contaminated. I think that's why you aren't allowed to swim in it. It looks pretty gross.

I've got space for two people on my campsite, it's one of the non-overflow RV sites. MSG me if you need a place, especially at the most awesome campsite for Coachella. I don't want money for it, but if you bring enough of the right kind of snacks i can guarantee you a spot with us.

Devon

Does anyone know what the rule is as to how many tents you can have on your site is?

i need a space to camp.....

do you like scooby snacks?
    (any1 know if bringing my sk8board is a good idea??? is the ground sk8able around there or would it just be in my tent for 3 days)

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    I would not eat anything from that lake. You aren't even allowed to swm in the water cause it's so contaminated. I think that's why you aren't allowed to swim in it. It looks pretty gross.
    orly? you probably aren't allowed to swim in it for other reasons, but this site says this:

Lake Cahuilla is located approximately 10 miles south of Indio. Take I-10 to Washington, south 3 miles to Highway 111. East 2 miles to Jefferson. Go south 3 miles to Avenue 54 and travel east 1 mile to Madison. Turn south to Avenue 58 then west 1 mile to the lake. The lake holds good populations of rainbow trout, largemouth and striped bass, channel and flathead catfish, and bluegill. Cahuilla is open year round from sunrise to sunset. Trout are planted from November until the end of March with striped bass and catfish picking up the summer slack. No motorized boats are allowed. The shoreline is easily accessible for bank fishing. There are three campgrounds situated along the lake and a dump station for self-containers. For more information contact Lake Cahuilla at (760) 564-4712. Campground Reservations (800) 234-7275.
    http://www.fishersnet.com/fishmap.html

so, dunno, just wondering if anyone's done any fishing or seen anyone do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    orly? you probably aren't allowed to swim in it for other reasons, but this site says this:

http://www.fishersnet.com/fishmap.html

so, dunno, just wondering if anyone's done any fishing or seen anyone do it.
    I did see some people fishing there, they seemed to be locals, not Coachella people. I still however stand by what I said, I wouldn't eat anything from there. Good luck to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by the_irish_hippie View Post
    do you like scooby snacks?
    (any1 know if bringing my sk8board is a good idea??? is the ground sk8able around there or would it just be in my tent for 3 days)
    Everyone seemed to like scooby snacks at Cahuilla last year!

Definately a no on the skateboard. It's pretty rough where there is cement, and it's mostly dirt and gravel. It's a pretty small area though, so you won't have to walk very far to get around.

Party G Haad

Good Bass Lake Bee....dropshot, carolina rig - catch & release - NW of the primitive campground - Jack&Coke poured at the crack of dawn after a night at show...good livin'..

Whose bringing turntables and speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by devon View Post
    I've got space for two people on my campsite, it's one of the non-overflow RV sites. MSG me if you need a place, especially at the most awesome campsite for Coachella. I don't want money for it, but if you bring enough of the right kind of snacks i can guarantee you a spot with us.

Devon

Does anyone know what the rule is as to how many tents you can have on your site is?
    Can you park an RV in there? We're keen on some where to sleep.

I still have room for 1 more person and one car in my camping spot, its in the developed area! Split the cost! I already have three people and have room for one more if interested! email: djoz187@msn.com
    Last edited by djoz187; 04-24-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coachellafestcamping View Post
    ANYONE WHO NEEDS A RIDE TO THE CONCERT AREA FROM LAKE CAHUILLA?

Lake Cahuilla is about 10 minutes from the concert area. Roads get blocked, so parking is not likely. But, if there is enough of you that would like a ride to/from the concert, we may be able to pick you up and take you into the concert area (we have a pass to get past the road blocks).

Email for more info: coachellafest@yahoo.com

Happy Coachella!
    What roads are you refering too? I have camped at Cahuilla the last 3 years and i've never had a problem with road blocks between Cahuilla and the venue. Is this something new?

I'll bring the beer pong table!

ill bring the bitches & sake!
    BABY ALLIGATORS IN THE SEWER GROW UP FAST!

Quote Originally Posted by coachellafestcamping View Post
    ANYONE WHO NEEDS A RIDE TO THE CONCERT AREA FROM LAKE CAHUILLA?

Lake Cahuilla is about 10 minutes from the concert area. Roads get blocked, so parking is not likely. But, if there is enough of you that would like a ride to/from the concert, we may be able to pick you up and take you into the concert area (we have a pass to get past the road blocks).

Email for more info: coachellafest@yahoo.com

Happy Coachella!
    This would be awesome! Laste year we hitch hiked there both days but coming back we had to wait over an hour for a cab after we walked about a mile to any roads were cabs could even get to.

Shuttle Please!!!

--deleted-- sold the reservation. thanks for your responses!
    Last edited by formeremployee; 04-20-2007 at 04:35 AM.

I did see some people fishing there, they seemed to be locals, not Coachella people. I still however stand by what I said, I wouldn't eat anything from there. Good luck to you though.
    Haha... The water is fine. The lake is filled by an aqueduct from the colorado river. It's primary usage is water storage for the water system, but they also turned it into a recreational lake. Any lake that is a reservoir has bans on motorized boats and human contact.

They do lift this ban on occasion, however. In fact, yesterday there was a triathlon at the lake, where plenty of people went swimming. The water is fine, and there's nothing wrong with the fish that come out of it.

I'll see you folks out there- last time I was there (for coachella) was way back in 2003! Not quite so crowded then, it sounds like it will be quite the party this time around

anyone have any room for 3 guys trying to find a place to camp? we have our own tent(s)

I'll bring the cups and balls. How about a tournament on Thursday night?
    That would be awesome. One problem - I'm an idiot and I realized there is no chance I'll be able to fit my 8x4 ft. pong table in my 2 door car. I dunno, maybe I'll try to improvise somehow. Walk around Thursday night and if you see someone playing pong say whats up.

See you guys tonight!!!

My friend and I are leaving a day early to go out there, we might have a chance at crashing at some Condo, we have a space reserved for fri-mon, should we chance it at seeing if its open for thursday night too and just pay the extra in cash if it is?

Also, there's just 2 of us, and a rather large tent, so if you need camp space, get back to me ASAP by private message with why I should let you camp with us. =)

Attention! If you hate to have fun... please come to our campsites, 21 and 22. We hate music, drinking, smoking, 420, and did I mention... drinking. (sarcasm detector) Whooooo hoooooo... This is my 4th year in a row and I cant freaking wait. I still have room at my campsite if you need to crash.

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has room in their campsite!!! We dont want to stay on-site because we would like to be able to drink our own beers !!! Were easy going and ready to have fun!!! We would be more than happy to split the cost too! Please, please, please call me if you can help us out! Thanks so much!

Anna

Here is my cell number: 714-585-1659

I hope this isn't at the bloody lake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21bqEYBObxQ

fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by captaincool01 View Post
    I hope this isn't at the bloody lake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21bqEYBObxQ

fingers crossed!
    That was "Totally awesome".

Can you get a taxi/bus to and from the festival site from Lake Cahuilla?

Quote Originally Posted by serridger View Post
    Can you get a taxi/bus to and from the festival site from Lake Cahuilla?
    I've taken a cab back from the festival a couple times. I think it was about $20. You have to walk pretty far to get a cab after the festival though. About a mile. It's best to just make some friends at the campgrounds, who are gonna be driving, and bum a ride. Thanks again Michigan friends!

I reserved my site today for 2008!

I reserved my site today for 2008!
    Join the club we have 2 bays together , coming over from the UK. See you there.

Wow, it is filling up pretty quick! 25 out of the 60 sites are already reserved, and I think about half of those got booked today. They also added a warning that it is the Coachella weekend 25, 26, 27th. If you want to stay here you should probably get on it pretty quick!