Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Default Re: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

COACHUILLA!

Bump- Cant wait to party
    Coachella 07 09 Layaway 11

Ive read a few of the posts from a few years ago and people had mentioned that the traffic from the lake to the venue wasn too bad. Has that been the same that last couple years?

Quote Originally Posted by thickfreakness23 View Post
    Ive read a few of the posts from a few years ago and people had mentioned that the traffic from the lake to the venue wasn too bad. Has that been the same that last couple years?
    It's never really bad, we get to head in the back way, the opposite of most traffic coming from Indio or HWY 10. If you go to breakfast then to the venue from there you might get stuck in traffic. Leaving can be bad, it just depends. Sometime you get right out, other times you can't move your car for hours.

Hey its all part of the experience. Its hard to freak out about that stuff when theres all that pumped up energy all around you. Its crazy after reading alot of the onsite stuff it seems like the lake crowd is a little more chill. A few less assholes i guess.

whats streets do you suggest getting there? Google Maps shows theres a few options..

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    It's never really bad, we get to head in the back way, the opposite of most traffic coming from Indio or HWY 10. If you go to breakfast then to the venue from there you might get stuck in traffic. Leaving can be bad, it just depends. Sometime you get right out, other times you can't move your car for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by thickfreakness23 View Post
    Hey its all part of the experience. Its hard to freak out about that stuff when theres all that pumped up energy all around you. Its crazy after reading alot of the onsite stuff it seems like the lake crowd is a little more chill. A few less assholes i guess.
    Everyone at the Lake have been super cool to me. Everyone is having a good time, everyone shares their party and party supplies. It's an awesome environment. I'm starting to look forward to hanging out at the Lake with everyone almost as much as Coachella itself. If I got a hotel now, Coachella would not be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by clips4real View Post
    whats streets do you suggest getting there? Google Maps shows theres a few options..
    I never drive, because I preparty, so I forget the street names. It's pretty much a 90 angle though. Just one left turn I think. As long as you approach from the south, you should be good!

My friend and I are going to be camping here this year for our first Coachella! I'm ridiculously excited.. but we're flying in from New York, so we won't have a car :/ Is it difficult to get rides to/from Cahuilla?

One more week till we fly out to CA.. counting down the hours. Can't wait to party with you all!

Lurker

I never got tickets for the show so here is my Lake Cahuilla site for someone who can use it. It's good for friday through Monday. I'm asking $73 and you can see that's what I paid on the receipt. If you've never stayed there it's a fun place with lots of other coachella fans and this site is in the developed area close to the showers. The res. says 1 car 6 people with electricity and water.Thanks for looking.
    Coachella Addict

ok Cahuilla peeps... i will sadly be canceling my campsite tmrw becuz me and my crew of friends were unable to get tix for the fest this yr. totally bummed!!! its gonna suck not being able to party on thurs night with the rest of u... sum of u ive got to know already and i hope u guys have a kick ass time this yr!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsun420 View Post
    ok Cahuilla peeps... i will sadly be canceling my campsite tmrw becuz me and my crew of friends were unable to get tix for the fest this yr. totally bummed!!! its gonna suck not being able to party on thurs night with the rest of u... sum of u ive got to know already and i hope u guys have a kick ass time this yr!!
    The Lake won't be the same without you and your Texas Budweisers. That's really a bummer man. Me and my girl had a good time hanging with you and your crew last year. See you 2012!

what up, cahuilla! looking forward to year number 5 under your palm trees.

i just had a friend back out, leaving me with a wristband to sell. if you're headed to the lake and you need one, let me know via email: tayrho@gmail.com

see all of you this weekend

EDIT: it's already gone. lasted about 2 minutes. sorry!
    Last edited by tayrho; 04-11-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tayrho View Post
    what up, cahuilla! looking forward to year number 5 under your palm trees.

i just had a friend back out, leaving me with a wristband to sell. if you're headed to the lake and you need one, let me know via email: tayrho@gmail.com

see all of you this weekend
    Get on that jsun420!!!!

Get on that jsun420!!!!
    already sold, man! unfortunate. i didn't see this post before.

see you in a few days, sk8r.

Anyone showing up Friday morning?

Quote Originally Posted by doggie3343 View Post
    Anyone showing up Friday morning?
    ... and miss the Thursday night party? NEVER!!

I know the #cars/site is strictly enforced. That being said, I am in overflow which only allows 1 car per site, and we have one group of 3 people driving from the bay and another group of 2 people flying to LA and driving from there. Our one option is to meet in LA and consolidate cars, but I am worried about space for the cooler/tent/blankets/all that shit.

The ideal situation would be to have us both drive two cars and then park one nearby for the whole weekend - empty the first car at the site, then drive out and pick up the other people/stuff. So my question is, has anyone done this before? Is it feasible that we'd find a place nearby (and do you have any suggestions where), or are we shooting ourselves in the foot by assuming this will work and run the risk of getting towed or not finding a spot at all? I've never been to lake cahuilla before so i'm not sure what the situation is like. I called them and they said there's no real parking nearby, but I thought I would ask you experienced lake cahuilla campers.

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    I know the #cars/site is strictly enforced. That being said, I am in overflow which only allows 1 car per site, and we have one group of 3 people driving from the bay and another group of 2 people flying to LA and driving from there. Our one option is to meet in LA and consolidate cars, but I am worried about space for the cooler/tent/blankets/all that shit.

The ideal situation would be to have us both drive two cars and then park one nearby for the whole weekend - empty the first car at the site, then drive out and pick up the other people/stuff. So my question is, has anyone done this before? Is it feasible that we'd find a place nearby (and do you have any suggestions where), or are we shooting ourselves in the foot by assuming this will work and run the risk of getting towed or not finding a spot at all? I've never been to lake cahuilla before so i'm not sure what the situation is like. I called them and they said there's no real parking nearby, but I thought I would ask you experienced lake cahuilla campers.

Yeah, you can do that. You are allowed 6 people and 2 cars. They aren't too strict about the number of people, but the cars they are. Any extra cars, other than the 2, can be parked outside the gates.

I actually saw your post but just wanted to double check since the person on the phone said we couldn't do this. Are you sure sure it's cool?

a bunch of people are doing this. including me

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    I actually saw your post but just wanted to double check since the person on the phone said we couldn't do this. Are you sure sure it's cool?
    I'm not sure if they have changed the rules or if they just discourage it, but I have personally done this before and every year there are about 20 cars parked in what looks like a dry pond just outside the entrance. Maybe it isn't technically the parks property so they can't tell you it's ok.

The Lake won't be the same without you and your Texas Budweisers. That's really a bummer man. Me and my girl had a good time hanging with you and your crew last year. See you 2012!

ya dude it totally sux... we had a huge BBQ planned for thurs nite and we were taking sum DJ equipment and speakers out there also, but oh well theres always next yr.
    everyone enjoy thurs night along with the Fest and i hope to see everyone out at the Lake again next yr. see u guys in 2012.

i would like to see sum pics posted up from thurs night!

AWESOME thanks for the help guys.

Cool Re: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

I think this is the most friendliest thread on the board

Quote Originally Posted by doggie3343 View Post
    I think this is the most friendliest thread on the board
    Lake Cahuilla is truly the friendliest/best place to camp for Coachella, u meet the nicest ppl that r aways in the sharing mood...beer, food, ganja. all the positive energy and good vibes rub off to this thread. gotta luv it.!

Lake Cahuilla is truly the friendliest/best place to camp for Coachella, u meet the nicest ppl that r aways in the sharing mood...beer, food, ganja. all the positive energy and good vibes rub off to this thread. gotta luv it.!
    This.

Lurker

Arriving Thursday afternoon, 1st year at Cahuilla after car camping last year and can't wait to have an awesome weekend with everyone!

Are the hardest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

A couple years ago I found the campsite with the most shade. I got it again this year!!

hoorah 2 more days! still wondering ab a carpool situation to/from coachella... will share party supplies if you hook it up w a ride =] don't really want to drive....