Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Default Re: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Is it sold out on Wednesday night?
    Not even close, book here...

http://www.riversidecountyparks.org/...-reservations/

Has anyone heard of a freedom flask? Tried it into Coachella? Did it work? We dont really want to go back and forth between the festival and campsite during the day.

Please. tell me about freedom flask
    Coachella 07 09 Layaway 11

Quote Originally Posted by Jvald View Post
    Has anyone heard of a freedom flask? Tried it into Coachella? Did it work? We dont really want to go back and forth between the festival and campsite during the day.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=freedom+flask
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    jinx, you owe me a coke!
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

I suppose we will just try it and see what happens.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jvald View Post
    If you went back and forth to Cahuilla just to get some booze during the festival, you probably should just stay home.

Going back and forth for booze was never an option, as we are more interested in the festival. It sounded interesting having a good amount of drink on hand to refresh and convenient.

Red face Re: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Any fine, young, strong gentleman up for helping two young ladies set up camp Thursday??? lol. j/k....or not =] First time to Coachella, first time camping. So so so excited. Gonna be real interesting this one. Looking forward to meeting all of you!! also looking for carpool options getting to and from the festival site. let me know if you'd like to link up!

Overflow or campsite?
    Coachella 07 09 Layaway 11

Pre-Party Bitches!!
    I have two equestrian spots and I will be bringing some DJ gear and bumping a whole bunch of awesome tunes on thurs night. Those of you that were there last year might recall we were towards the north end of the equestrian spots. It was loads of fun and it was way better times than that stupid filter party. Everyone is welcome to come over and party with us.
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

hey is there a limit on cars at cahuilla ? the group of people im going with are all driving down and i dont know if it will be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by zippytc View Post
    hey is there a limit on cars at cahuilla ? the group of people im going with are all driving down and i dont know if it will be a problem
    Answers...

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    They have not strictly enforced the number of people per site rule in the past. But they do enforce the number of cars rule.
    Yeah, you can do that. You are allowed 6 people and 2 cars. They aren't too strict about the number of people, but the cars they are. Any extra cars, other than the 2, can be parked outside the gates.
    This questions and almost every other question has already been answered in this thread. You answer is also on the Lake Cahuilla website...

No more than six occupants and two vehicles per
    site
    http://www.riversidecountyparks.org/...a-Brochure.pdf

ok thanks and yea sorry i looked and didnt see those quotes but i guess i didnt look very hard

This is what our schedule looked like when we camped at Lake Cahuilla last year:

Thursday night: Drive up, they enforce number of cars but not number of people per site. Party. Rage.

Friday morning: Wake up early. Get in line for showers. Go to Farmer Boy's for breakfast, then Food 4 Less for beer and ice. Drive to Coachella parking lot, tailgate until gate opens. Drive back after the festival. Pass out.

Repeat until Monday.
    Coachella 09.10.11...

Catch my set at Coachella 2011
    at the Energy FACTory Stage: Saturday 5:45PM!

Next to the Sahara Tent

Quote Originally Posted by kcreag View Post
    This is what our schedule looked like when we camped at Lake Cahuilla last year:

Thursday night: Drive up, they enforce number of cars but not number of people per site. Party. Rage.

Friday morning: Wake up early. Get in line for showers. Go to Farmer Boy's for breakfast, then Food 4 Less for beer and ice. Drive to Coachella parking lot, tailgate until gate opens. Drive back after the festival. Pass out.

Repeat until Monday.
    Sounds a lot like our schedule, except I've never been to Farmer Boys. Is it crowded? Good Food? Cheap? Bloody Mary's?

Quote Originally Posted by zippytc View Post
    Cars are enforced, they give each one a pass and they patrol around the area daily. They cant keep tabs on how many people are staying on each site though.
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187

8.23 & 8.24 FYF Fest
    10.21-25 CMJ 2014

So, just to clarify, we can have 6 cars and 2 people per campsite, right?

So, just to clarify, we can have 6 cars and 2 people per campsite, right?
    close! just switch the numbers and we're good!
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187

8.23 & 8.24 FYF Fest
    10.21-25 CMJ 2014

Quote Originally Posted by djoz187 View Post
    close! just switch the numbers and we're good!
    Okay good, thanks!

This has been mentioned before, but this thread is 22 pages long now...
    Lake Cahuilla has a swimming pool.
    It is complete tits and maybe the best way to start your Coachella day.
    My friends pre-party hard from 8am when the sun bakes you up until about noon.
    I believe the pool opens at 11 or 10:30A, and costs $2 per person for 1 hour.
    They do this to discourage the Coachella folk from taking it over, but we usually hop in for half an hour to drunkenly relax before festival.
    And somehow it is ICE cold.
    It's cooler than being cool.

What was said about the the cars and people are true. 6 people per spot, this is vaguely enforced, especially when you are first coming in. But if you stagger your people in slowly then it would work if you have more.

But the 2 car thing is somewhat strict. They put tags on your windshields and do drive around to patrol and check. From my perspective at least the crime rate is very low due to the diligent, but sometimes frustrating and non-english speaking security. The last 2 years high school boys did try and steal one of our 30 packs but they both got regulated on.

This will be my 6th year at Cahuilla so if anyone has questions I could probably answer. We party really hard but I have a great memory.

I cant go this year, need to sell my cahuilla site. The site is lakeside and has water and electricity. Arrive Thursday leave Sunday. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by mlant View Post
    This has been mentioned before, but this thread is 22 pages long now...
    Lake Cahuilla has a swimming pool.
    It is complete tits and maybe the best way to start your Coachella day.
    My friends pre-party hard from 8am when the sun bakes you up until about noon.
    I believe the pool opens at 11 or 10:30A, and costs $2 per person for 1 hour.
    They do this to discourage the Coachella folk from taking it over, but we usually hop in for half an hour to drunkenly relax before festival.
    And somehow it is ICE cold.
    It's cooler than being cool.

What was said about the the cars and people are true. 6 people per spot, this is vaguely enforced, especially when you are first coming in. But if you stagger your people in slowly then it would work if you have more.

But the 2 car thing is somewhat strict. They put tags on your windshields and do drive around to patrol and check. From my perspective at least the crime rate is very low due to the diligent, but sometimes frustrating and non-english speaking security. The last 2 years high school boys did try and steal one of our 30 packs but they both got regulated on.

This will be my 6th year at Cahuilla so if anyone has questions I could probably answer. We party really hard but I have a great memory.
    Also, the pool is only open Saturday and Sunday. This is good to know so that you don't make the long trek to the pool on Friday only to find it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by paulct View Post
    I cant go this year, need to sell my cahuilla site. The site is lakeside and has water and electricity. Arrive Thursday leave Sunday. PM me!
    Leave Sunday? Miss the closing night party?

Who's ready to party on thurs?? We will be bumping everything coachella past and present...last year was a blast!! This year we will top (no homo)!!
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

Are they pretty strict about reservation dates in the overflow section? I thought my group was there til the 18th but i looked at my receipt and its only til the 17th. So i was wondering if i should call and pay for that extra day or just risk staying that extra night?

Quote Originally Posted by thickfreakness23 View Post
    Are they pretty strict about reservation dates in the overflow section? I thought my group was there til the 18th but i looked at my receipt and its only til the 17th. So i was wondering if i should call and pay for that extra day or just risk staying that extra night?
    Add an extra day. I'm sure there are spots for Sunday night, cause some people are leaving Sunday. When you check in they give you a tag to put on your windshield, it has the dates listed. They will probably kick you out if you don't pay.

Cool thanks for the help.

we are first timers and if the experience is as awesome as i know it will be, we'll probably make the lake our official coachella campsite. Onsite camping seems like a pain in the ass and kinda of a downer with all the rules and stuff. I understand why they have them but there are just a few to many for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by thickfreakness23 View Post
    we are first timers and if the experience is as awesome as i know it will be, we'll probably make the lake our official coachella campsite. Onsite camping seems like a pain in the ass and kinda of a downer with all the rules and stuff. I understand why they have them but there are just a few to many for my taste.
    Exactly! This will be my 6th year in a row at Lake Cahuilla!!