Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Default Re: lake cahuilla...

Quote Originally Posted by lediable76 View Post
    What's up skater!!! we just booked two equestrian spots around 10ish this morning...we were the ones with the DJ system on thursday night last year in equestrian...remember?? you partied with us...we will be doing it again this year...looking forward to it.
    Of course I remember! We could see the DJ lights flashing all over the mountains from the developed camping area and we had to go check it out. Someone in your group was even giving my friend DJ lessons I think. Good Times! See you in a few months!

Here is one from last year of the concert grounds taken from the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandract View Post
    So I was able to get a spot at the equestrian side of the grounds

I have two questions:

Being the equestrian side is it going to be infested by flies due to the horse poop?

Will I be able to leave my spot and drive out of the park with out any problems ( really long lines to go out, coming back and seeing that someone took my spot) or how does it really work

thank you !!

Alex
    I have never stayed in the equestrian area, but I have hug out and partied over there. I've never noticed horse shit or flies, but I've heard stories about it. That is a really big party area which is cool. There are never lines getting in or out of Lake Cahuilla. And, no one will take your spot. It's yours for the weekend once you book it. There is also a ranger that drives around if you have any problems.

Talking Re: lake cahuilla...

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    I have never stayed in the equestrian area, but I have hug out and partied over there. I've never noticed horse shit or flies, but I've heard stories about it. That is a really big party area which is cool. There are never lines getting in or out of Lake Cahuilla. And, no one will take your spot. It's yours for the weekend once you book it. There is also a ranger that drives around if you have any problems.
    yeah,

be ready to party on thursday night!! No problems driving in/out whatsoever...I didnt notice shit flies, only bugs. This year I will have citronella candles and OFF ready.
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

@lediable76- Good to hear more people are up to party on Thursday! We're flying out our DJ gear from Chicago, pickin up a couple kegs (which will be open to all) and shackin up in the RV area. What kind of music you all spin?

Make sure then you stop over by us for some free beer...

Hey little help here from someone that camped here last year.

If everyone else hasn't heard the camping has sold out pretty quickly. I have 3 friends that want to pitch a tent next to our RV. We already have 6-7 people staying there in the RV. Did they actually enforce the people limit last year? I read that in other years they didn't.

Last year we had 16 people in 2 sites, I don't think they care about the number of people. They do drive around and I have a feeling they do care about the number of cars per site. We had two cars per site a couple being vans so...yeah hahaaha
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187

5.24 William Fitzsimmons @ Troubador
    6.3 Preatures @ Echo
    6.5 Jezabels @ El Rey
    8.7 Eminem & Rhianna @ Rose Bowl
    8.23 & 8.24 FYF Fest

bring a bike, its an easy pedal to and from, provided you're sober of course. lol

I also don't think they care about the number of people, last year we had 3 cars there in our overflow spot.
    Coachella 09.10.11...

Catch my set at Coachella 2011
    at the Energy FACTory Stage: Saturday 5:45PM!

Next to the Sahara Tent

Default Re: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Sounds like this thread needs a bump for those who are in need of other camping options.

Cahuilla was a great alternative. We camped there in '05 and had a neat time... good people and good parties. Pool and showers were nearby, I'm assuming that's still accurate. $60 a night I think... there were 7 of us with one vehicle. Good luck.

Lurker

Does anyone know what the deal is with overflow spots? I'm scrambling to find a place to camp now that car and tent camping has sold out.

this is all sold out right? Lots of friends didn't get camping tickets in time so I'm trying to help them find other alternatives, where else is close ?

We did overflow my very first year in 06. It's not bad u get there and it's just a huge desert at the foot of the mountain where you set up camp anywhere you want. There's a bathroom house with a shower, which I believe is free, it was then... It's a great alternative, just get there when it's light out cuz you won't be able to see a thing on Thursday night
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187

5.24 William Fitzsimmons @ Troubador
    6.3 Preatures @ Echo
    6.5 Jezabels @ El Rey
    8.7 Eminem & Rhianna @ Rose Bowl
    8.23 & 8.24 FYF Fest

Just an update for you kiddos....I just got the second to last primitive site for Lake Cahullia this morning at 8 AM. So this place is sold out by now! Going to be there thursday, do you kids know how the camping works in the primitive site? Should I be there earlier than the 2pm check in so I can get in line for a good spot out there? Also, who is partying on Thursday night?! We are 6 and will be ready to GET DOWN.....

Quote Originally Posted by discoboy76 View Post
    Just an update for you kiddos....I just got the second to last primitive site for Lake Cahullia this morning at 8 AM. So this place is sold out by now! Going to be there thursday, do you kids know how the camping works in the primitive site? Should I be there earlier than the 2pm check in so I can get in line for a good spot out there? Also, who is partying on Thursday night?! We are 6 and will be ready to GET DOWN.....
    It doesn't really matter when you get there for over flow, there are a couple little trees but nothing that will provide much shade. Get there before dark, just so it's easier to set up camp. And, everyone parties Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    It doesn't really matter when you get there for over flow, there are a couple little trees but nothing that will provide much shade. Get there before dark, just so it's easier to set up camp. And, everyone parties Thursday night.
    NICE!! Can't wait, this will be my fourth Coachella, have missed the last few though Have never camped, but am crazy excited about this! Do you or anyone else recommend cabbing to the venue or actually just getting our hungover asses up and heading out..... Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by discoboy76 View Post
    NICE!! Can't wait, this will be my fourth Coachella, have missed the last few though Have never camped, but am crazy excited about this! Do you or anyone else recommend cabbing to the venue or actually just getting our hungover asses up and heading out..... Thanks for the reply!
    I never drive because I preparty in the morning. I always find a DD or hitch a ride. I have taken a cab back before, it took a while to find one but it was pretty cheap.

Lurker

Where can I get a spot in lake cahuilla and how far is it?

i just rang up, sold out :'(
    @dannycradden

Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast

Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde

Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

*please*

Just called. Said they were fully booked.

yeah, they are going to be booked solid by now. but what sucks is they're sold out every year, but when you're there, the place has empty spots. i guess people book it and then decide not to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Post Re: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    this is all sold out right? Lots of friends didn't get camping tickets in time so I'm trying to help them find other alternatives, where else is close ?
    inexpensive plan B or C relatively close
    http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=21261
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Thumbs up Re: lake cahuilla...

Quote Originally Posted by HugoLeung View Post

Here is one from last year of the concert grounds taken from the lake.
    niiiiiice pic

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    another affordable plan B or C a lil farther but much nicer than salton sea
    http://www.nps.gov/jotr/planyourvisit/camping.htm

I would be more than happy to share the spot at lake cahuilla if by chance you have or can get an extra 3-day festival pass. I know its a long shot but its worth a try. thank you. PM me

Does anyone bike to the festival from Lake Cahuilla? It seems like it would be about 30 min and I bet you spend more time than that getting in and out of parking, right?

How are the roads for biking?

How about the festival, are there places to lock them? Theft seems like a real possibility -- seems like the sort of event organized thieves would target -- is this something to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by ppaul View Post
    Does anyone bike to the festival from Lake Cahuilla? It seems like it would be about 30 min and I bet you spend more time than that getting in and out of parking, right?

How are the roads for biking?

How about the festival, are there places to lock them? Theft seems like a real possibility -- seems like the sort of event organized thieves would target -- is this something to worry about?
    I have never biked to the festival from Lake Cahuilla, but I have seen people doing it. If you are okay biking 5 miles in 100 deg. weather, I'm sure it is a reasonable option. The roads are all good, but I'm not sure how bike parking works at the event.. Hope that helps.

booked our Cahuilla site last month and got an AWESUM spot!!! but me and my crew are stuck without tix for the fest since they sold out so quick... looking more and more lk the Texas crew with our delicious TX BBQ will not be at Cahuilla or Coachella this yr.... thats cuz we had sumthin SPECIAL planned for the Thurs nite festivities. booooo!!

hopefully & praying more tix get released... Damn Goldenvoice!! Damn Scalpers!!!!!!