Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Default Re: lake cahuilla...

"Coachilla"- I'm not 100% sure, but you should be able to, coz the regular spots are maximum 2 cars, 2 tents, and 10 ppl. and last year they never actually gave a shit.
    I just want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live

and i really hope there is a shuttle or something. leaving every night is a righteous pain in the ass. that why Im still looking for an onsite spot.

even if there was onsite spots i would rather drive back to cahuilla every night every day of the week after coachella, it is way better

its a better camping experience, I'll give you that. having a fire and drinking beer after a hard day of great music can't be beat. but I to go back at like 1245 most night because of my friends I carpooled with. I missed every encore every single night. and thats not happening again. I would rather walk back every night this year.

or get better friends who don't mind waiting around till the end, I am always the driver and we leave when I say! after all of the action

the xx!!!

are R.v.s Allowed in primative camping? i know there wouldn't be electricity but just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Talking Re: lake cahuilla...

First Year Camping! so excited though! coachella is where the heart is SEE EVERYONE SOON!
    peace, hugs, and danky nugs

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live."

Quote Originally Posted by COACHILLA View Post
    got a question for people that have done the overflow primative camping before. How many cars and tents are allowed for each reservation? I have 1 car and 2ppl camping bit I want to invite one more car with 3 ppl and their own tent. giving us 2 cars, 2 tents and 5 people... is that too much for a single spot??? HELPP???
    They enforce the 2 car max, but you can park extra cars outside the gates. I've never seen them enforce the number of people before.

Quote Originally Posted by grind View Post
    Hey guys I'll be camping at lake cahuilla for the first time this year and I'm definitely excited

I was wondering if there was a carpool or shuttle or something to coachella that we can all join in on?
    There has never been a shuttle, but it would be very awesome! I'd pay like $10 each way and I'm sure most other people would also.

Quote Originally Posted by djoz187 View Post
    or get better friends who don't mind waiting around till the end, I am always the driver and we leave when I say! after all of the action
    I've always stayed to the end. I missed my ride before, there are always cabs (even though they are sometimes difficult to get). Have you camped at Lake Cahuilla before? I've been going from San Jose->Lake Cahuilla for the past 5 years. I don't think I've met you.

Quote Originally Posted by IRSCOTT View Post
    are R.v.s Allowed in primative camping? i know there wouldn't be electricity but just wondering.
    Yes they are.

Camped here 2003 to 2007 and it was crazy for the first couple of years and toned down when they changed management. Might be first year back here after being onsite the last two years. This will be number 8 for me in a row and have never had a bad time at the lake, only getting lost late at night!

so I would asume what most of the people at this lake Coachella weekend will be there for Coachella and partying it up? Camped at Coachella and had to get this after it sold out and Im affraid I wont have as much fun as the festival camp site... can anyone put my fears to rest??
    Black Rebel Motorcycl Club - 03/16
    Coachella - 04/16-04/18
    Neon Indian - 06/03
    LCD Soundsystem - 06/04
    The XX W/Phantogram - 06/05
    Wild Beasts - 08/13
    Sunset Junction:
    Ghostland Observatory - 08/21
    Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros - 08/21
    Culture Collide:
    Klaxons + The Boxer Rebellion - 10/8
    Jenny & Johnny + Tokyo Police Club -10/10
    LCD Soundsystem W Hot Chip & Sleigh Bells - 10/15
    Friendly Fires + Foster The People - 02/09/11
    Lykke Li@SkyBarMondrian Sessions - 3/10/11

It's as much fun as you make it. Or how much beer you bring. But really, you will have fun meeting people and hanging out and all that stuff.

Thursday is always music, drinking, and partying it up. It tends to taper off after that, less and less party each night. Although this is the first time ive seen so many people interested in Cahuilla. The more people that are there, the better the party is throughout the weekend.

Hey ya! I've camped at Cahuilla since 2006(primitive), except 2008 when we tried onsite and came back to Cahuilla in 09. We usually get spot 69&68 but wanted some electricity this year so we booked 57&59! I'm coming from east side SJ! How bout you?!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    They enforce the 2 car max, but you can park extra cars outside the gates. I've never seen them enforce the number of people before.

There has never been a shuttle, but it would be very awesome! I'd pay like $10 each way and I'm sure most other people would also.

I've always stayed to the end. I missed my ride before, there are always cabs (even though they are sometimes difficult to get). Have you camped at Lake Cahuilla before? I've been going from San Jose->Lake Cahuilla for the past 5 years. I don't think I've met you.

Yes they are.

me and my crew are driving in from South Texas... so if u smell really good BBQ during the time we're there at Cahuilla, its gotta be coming from the Texas crew. haha we got spot 18

Hey ya! I've camped at Cahuilla since 2006(primitive), except 2008 when we tried onsite and came back to Cahuilla in 09. We usually get spot 69&68 but wanted some electricity this year so we booked 57&59! I'm coming from east side SJ! How bout you?!

We'll be in #35. We've been trying to find the spot with the most shade, last year we were in 34, and 35 looked shadier, so we'll see. We are coming from Downtown SJ.

old school

okay, i heard that the spaces are sold out, but does that include the undeveloped camping area? i've never heard of those selling out before..

and has anybody heard if Wednesday is sold out?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

That's a bummer about there not being a shuttle or something. I plan on staying late every night and hanging out in the on site camping. I would definitely pay for a shuttle that took me back at 3-4am after all the festivities ended

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    okay, i heard that the spaces are sold out, but does that include the undeveloped camping area? i've never heard of those selling out before..

and has anybody heard if Wednesday is sold out?
    You should call. The primitive spots(undeveloped) do sell out. I really doubt that Wednesday is sold out at all. Most people show up on Thursday.

It looks from the reservation website that a ton of spaces should still be available, mostly the odd numbered spaces between 1-20. Does anybody know if this is a glitch on the website or if these spots are simply not available for rent that weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by jsun420 View Post
    me and my crew are driving in from South Texas... so if u smell really good BBQ during the time we're there at Cahuilla, its gotta be coming from the Texas crew. haha we got spot 18
    I'm stoping by and you better be in a sharing mood!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Quote Originally Posted by livethechoice View Post
    It looks from the reservation website that a ton of spaces should still be available, mostly the odd numbered spaces between 1-20. Does anybody know if this is a glitch on the website or if these spots are simply not available for rent that weekend?
    No, I think they are doing some kinda work on those or something. They are not available. The available spots show up green on that map.

anyone know if overflow is still available? And how much of a pain in the ass is it to get in and out with your car?
    "Until the power of love can exceed the love of power, you know we can never, never be."

I'm going to call the offices when they open on Monday, I'll post what I find out

Sweet, I have Monday off...I'll do the same if I get to it first =)
    "Until the power of love can exceed the love of power, you know we can never, never be."

Quote Originally Posted by Apeskies View Post
    anyone know if overflow is still available? And how much of a pain in the ass is it to get in and out with your car?
    Getting in and out of the campground is easy, getting in and out of the festival is hit or miss. Sometimes it's really easy, sometimes it can take hours.

got my overflow site reserved last week but it took forever to actually talk to the person that booked the reservation so have patience ppl
    Black Rebel Motorcycl Club - 03/16
    Coachella - 04/16-04/18
    Neon Indian - 06/03
    LCD Soundsystem - 06/04
    The XX W/Phantogram - 06/05
    Wild Beasts - 08/13
    Sunset Junction:
    Ghostland Observatory - 08/21
    Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros - 08/21
    Culture Collide:
    Klaxons + The Boxer Rebellion - 10/8
    Jenny & Johnny + Tokyo Police Club -10/10
    LCD Soundsystem W Hot Chip & Sleigh Bells - 10/15
    Friendly Fires + Foster The People - 02/09/11
    Lykke Li@SkyBarMondrian Sessions - 3/10/11

I confirmed an overflow reservation after a long hold (well worth it in my case). The reservationist told me there were 2 overflow camping spots left, I had booked one, so that leaves 1 space left.

So unless you were on hold too just a little while ago, I think it's safe to say these are all gone.

With onsite camping selling out so early and Lake Cahuilla filling up so fast, I think it's safe to say that the party at the lake is going to be HUGE this year! I can't wait!

I have 1 room/suite available.

Heres my post;

I have an extra suite available in La Quinta, which is a few miles from Cochella. Nice room. My friend cant make it...bummed. If you are interested email me at ghaynes@mill.net.
    this is for all 3 nights and me and my GF will be in another room also.