Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Cahuilla Camping. On-site car camping alterniative

Default Re: lake cahuilla...

Next year I'll try and be more social, my cousin and I felt nervous to talk to the other campers. Hope no one minds sharing booze with minors? Lulz
    "Don't try"- Charles Bukowski

hey everybody whats up!! had a awesum time at Cahuilla this yr!!! i really enjoyed meeting everyone that party'd out thursday nite and came over to our spot for sum Texas BBQ during the weekend. u guys kno who u are. haha!! good times!!! ill def be back at Cahuilla next yr and i hope to see all of u back once again for 2011!! any of u wanna hit me up just add me on Facebook.... Jason Trejo

** oh ya! that video screen on thurs nite against the bathroom walls was sweeeeet!!! madd props!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsun420 View Post
    hey everybody whats up!! had a awesum time at Cahuilla this yr!!! i really enjoyed meeting everyone that party'd out thursday nite and came over to our spot for sum Texas BBQ during the weekend. u guys kno who u are. haha!! good times!!! ill def be back at Cahuilla next yr and i hope to see all of u back once again for 2011!! any of u wanna hit me up just add me on Facebook.... Jason Trejo

** oh ya! that video screen on thurs nite against the bathroom walls was sweeeeet!!! madd props!!
    What up Jason! That BBQ was the bomb. Where are all your videos at?

sorry no videos this yr.... the audio on my camera didnt work.... all those vids i took and i cant hear shit. sux!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    What up Jason! That BBQ was the bomb. Where are all your videos at?

Has anyone been able to make reservations for 2011 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by muzikgrl View Post
    Has anyone been able to make reservations for 2011 yet?
    I just tried, it says they are all reserved. Not sure what's up with that. Maybe they are holding them. It's pretty weird. They are never full until about a month before the show.

I just called the reservation phone number (800) 234-7275 and I was able to reserve my site!! I'm all set. Now I play the waiting game... for six months.

Last edited by sk8r408; 10-18-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    I just called the reservation phone number (800) 234-7275 and I was able to reserve my site!! I'm all set. Now I play the waiting game... for six months.

You might want to call them again because I spoke to a supervisor there and the dates are currently all blocked because they don't even have prices for that weekend.

Apparently because of the problems last year they are going to raise the prices (thanks to the person who broke the mirror in the men's bathroom and broke the shower!) Also they are going to be meeting with the Ranger and Camp hosts next month to disucuss the plan for the weekend.

He double checked and there are NO reservations for April 14-the 18th on any of the sites! He also said right now they are not planning on releasing reservations til Feb 1st---YIKES!

is camping at the lake really that great ? why not stay on site

Quote Originally Posted by the choice cat View Post
    is camping at the lake really that great ? why not stay on site
    No Police or security searching you, your stuff or your car. Partying all night, Dj's, campfire's. And possibly the best part, the Pool! Oh yeah, and 50 cents for a shower with super short lines. Also, it's a lot cheaper than onsite. Less than $100 for 2 cars and 8 people, with power and water at each site.

I would say that the only advantage to onsite is that you are right there instead of 5-10 minutes away.

Not to mention its easy to drive into town to eat breakfast and use a clean restroom for the day. Its a great party all weekend, ive done it the past 3 years. That said, im gonna be camping onsite this year. Need to stir things up.

You might want to call them again because I spoke to a supervisor there and the dates are currently all blocked because they don't even have prices for that weekend.

Apparently because of the problems last year they are going to raise the prices (thanks to the person who broke the mirror in the men's bathroom and broke the shower!) Also they are going to be meeting with the Ranger and Camp hosts next month to disucuss the plan for the weekend.

He double checked and there are NO reservations for April 14-the 18th on any of the sites! He also said right now they are not planning on releasing reservations til Feb 1st---YIKES!
    I just got a call saying they need to refund my money (my card was already charged), because the dates were closed for Coachella. The lady had no idea why, when the dates would be open or what would change. She gave me the direct number to the park and told me they could give me more information. When I called the park they had no idea the dates were even closed and said they would look into it and get back to me. WEAK!!!!

I just got a call saying they need to refund my money (my card was already charged), because the dates were closed for Coachella. The lady had no idea why, when the dates would be open or what would change. She gave me the direct number to the park and told me they could give me more information. When I called the park they had no idea the dates were even closed and said they would look into it and get back to me. WEAK!!!!
    I spoke to the supervisor again and they are now looking at Jan 1st opening up the sites I have a direct number to him...Not going to share...sorry...we want to keep our movie wall

I will know more next month after they meet with the Rangers and camp hosts...I am hoping that they will not raise the prices too much and the rules wont change too much. We love the weekend party...this will be my 3rd yr and my boyfriend's 8th yr!

The good news is we got the electronic stuff all figured out so there wont be any delay with the Thurs night visuals.

As soon as I hear anything, I will let you all know!

I spoke to the supervisor again and they are now looking at Jan 1st opening up the sites I have a direct number to him...Not going to share...sorry...we want to keep our movie wall

I will know more next month after they meet with the Rangers and camp hosts...I am hoping that they will not raise the prices too much and the rules wont change too much. We love the weekend party...this will be my 3rd yr and my boyfriend's 8th yr!

The good news is we got the electronic stuff all figured out so there wont be any delay with the Thurs night visuals.

As soon as I hear anything, I will let you all know!
    Let me know if you hear anything else. They said they were going to call me back today. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

The video wall kicks ass! This will be my 8th Coachella, and 6th at Lake Cahuilla!

Did you hear back from the lake?

One thing the supervisor hinted to me about was that unless you were attending the festival, they were not going to allow anyone to stay at the campgrounds...that would be cool to have a campground full of festival goers I guess they had a lot of complaints about the music last year from both festival and non festival folks...not to mention the disaster in the men's bathroom... ATTN Boys: NO GRAFFITTI and please don't break anything! lol
    Last edited by muzikgrl; 10-19-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Reservations for Lake Cahuilla are now open!! Get on it.

LOL my friend and i were about to do this but instead we have a $45 secret plan
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Porter View Post
    LOL my friend and i were about to do this but instead we have a $45 secret plan
    That was a very helpful post. Thanks!

reservations are all set!! now to count down the days.

Post Re: lake cahuilla...

Just got back from lake cahuilla... Gf and I tried to catch some dinner but no luck.... Just got drunk and a tan... We'll try one more time before our fishing licenses expire... Couldn't help but wonder what it's like during coachella there... Do they EVER fill up that giant pool visible from the entrance? It's always empty and dry when I go fishing...
    Last edited by jimmycrackcorn; 12-12-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

How far is lake cahuilla from the venue?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    Just got back from lake cahuilla... Gf and I tried to catch some dinner but no luck.... Just got drunk and a tan... We'll try one more time before our fishing licenses expire... Couldn't help but wonder what it's like during coachella there... Do they EVER fill up that giant pool visible from the entrance? It's always empty and dry when I go fishing...
    Yes, the pool is open on the weekend during the festival (not Friday). I think it's like $2 for an hour. Well worth it!!

Quote Originally Posted by LyricsForTheMind View Post
    How far is lake cahuilla from the venue?
    5-10 minute drive.

Thumbs up Re: lake cahuilla...

Yes, the pool is open on the weekend during the festival (not Friday). I think it's like $2 for an hour. Well worth it!!

5-10 minute drive.
    Cool... Thanks for the info!
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

The campground is more than half full now. If you are planning on staying here you should get your spot soon. It will probably sell out as soon as the lineup is announced. I'm guessing there will be more people trying to stay here this year since RV's aren't allowed onsite.

Just booked an RV spot at Lake Cahuilla for our 1st time camping there. Coming all the way from Chicago! Is Coachella in walking distance if need be?

its a long ass walk, I've camped there for 4 years, I don't consider it walkable at all. Its the best place to camp though, I'm just about to book my site again!
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187

8.23 & 8.24 FYF Fest
    10.21-25 CMJ 2014

do they have hookups for RV?

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Havoc View Post
    Just booked an RV spot at Lake Cahuilla for our 1st time camping there. Coming all the way from Chicago! Is Coachella in walking distance if need be?
    It's not walking distance, 5 miles in 100 deg weather.

Quote Originally Posted by rAnimatorX2 View Post
    do they have hookups for RV?
    Some spots have hookups. Reserve it soon if you want one of those! They are the first to get booked up.

Alright, Im not trying to be a ball buster, but Im from Chicago, and I've walked my fair share after years of not owning a car. With a back pack of beer. Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Havoc View Post
    Alright, Im not trying to be a ball buster, but Im from Chicago, and I've walked my fair share after years of not owning a car. With a back pack of beer. Is it possible?
    Seriously. You do not want to walk it. Its a little more than 5 miles away in very hot weather and there is nothing in between. And at the end of a long night at Coachella, the last thing you want to do is walk 5 miles in the pitch dark. Very little amount of street lights.