Thread: Not using all of your 10x30 feet space?

Default Not using all of your 10x30 feet space?

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Maybe there needs to be a thread for those that won't be using all of that 10x30 feet, to share with people that only want to pitch their tent and camp somewhere. Anywhere, if there's room. Example: Guy comes alone with his car and tent. Does he actually need all of the 10x30 he's allotted? C'mon. I'd like to think if he doesn't he'd be willing to share some of that space.
    Hello there seems to be lots of people selling their passes and others offering space, but is there anyone who isn't using all of their space and needs a ride to/from or wants to make money on the persons/car brought? Like $10 a person? $20 for a car? It's 3 friends (m21/m21/m20) and myself (m21).

PM me or make suggestions to help out others who don't have a camping pass. The more the merrier!
    Last edited by phonographer; 03-23-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Default Re: Not using all of your 10x30 feet space?

Same boat as this guy^ willing to pay or give a ride to event friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Quote Originally Posted by phonographer View Post
    Hello there seems to be lots of people selling their passes and others offering space, but is there anyone who isn't using all of their space and wants to make money on the persons/car brought? Like $10 a person? $20 for a car? It's 3 friends (m21/m21/m20) and myself (m21).

PM me or make suggestions to help out others who don't have a camping pass. The more the merrier!
    Cool. It may just work. Atleast it's a good ttempt to ease some worries for others. I'm not sure how many we have on our exact spot, but I'm sure if there's room left, our group would be okay with filling it. Have to double- check first.

Lurker

hey.....im totally with you, i didn't buy a camping pass, and i need a place to park my car! it would just be for me, (20F) let me know if we can work anything out thanks!

It's one car per space, and one space per car. You would have to find someone planning to tent camp and convince them to move other to car camp.

YES! This is a good example of "where there's a will, there's a way". Normally I stay with my aunt, but this is the year to step it up a notch and go camping! We have a car too, but if anything we'll park our car at my aunts house and walk (4 miles?) or carpool over. Dropping our gear off ahead of time, of course.

This is THE movement to GET EVERYONE IN!
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Banned

my car is 165"x68" and i have a 4 person tent.

you can't fit two midsized cars plus your tent into one 10x30 spot unless you have an 8x8 tent for one and you drive a smart car.

yes, i did the math.

Quote Originally Posted by F.A.Q. Page
    Car Camping spots are 10’x30’(General Camping 10x30). Your car and as many people or tents you can fit into that spot (as long as it’s not against the rules) is fine with us. Please note, car camping is limited. [/IMG]
    This would be for people who aren't parking their cars in their camping spot. Even if they are parking their car then it'd still be awesome if they offered space if they have any.

Yes, I read the rules.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by thisdj View Post
    you can't fit two midsized cars plus your tent into one 10x30 spot
    You can't put two anysized cars in one spot. It's one car per space, and one space per car.

Banned

yeah i'm just clarifying that even if you were allowed to, there would be no room for anything else.

hey there. im also lookin for a camp spot to kick it at. its just me(M/20) and a friend of mine(M/20).

PLEASE HIT ME UP IF ANYONE HAS ANY ROOM! IM FUKIN DESPERATE
    *5paceMan x !ncorpoRated*
    Fuckin Up Tha Scene Mean since 1990
    Brooklyn
    Detroit
    Inland Empire
    New Orleans

I believe in free enterprise even being as liberal as I am but I could never "sell" part of my space. I can see if you want to barter for the space or share it, but .....................
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Wonderbar! We're off! Are you parking a car on your spot and how many people do you plan on bringing? We're bringing 3 cases of beer as well
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I believe in free enterprise even being as liberal as I am but I could never "sell" part of my space. I can see if you want to barter for the space or share it, but .....................
    Agreed, but at this point, there are always gonna be "those people" who don't share unless it's for a price. Unfortunate, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Agreed, but at this point, there are always gonna be "those people" who don't share unless it's for a price. Unfortunate, but true.
    So, because my friends and I planned ahead and purchased the correct number of passes for the number of cars we are coming in, we are somehow supposed to invite total strangers who have proven themselves irresponsible to stay with us? And they don't have to share the cost? That makes sense.

My wife and I are paying my friend who is arriving alone for 1/3 of his camping ticket, because the 3 of us will be sharing 2 spaces. He didn't ask for it, I'm just offering it because it's the right thing to do. Likewise, we may have one other friend tag along...in that case, the 4th friend would probably chip in for half a ticket. Because it's fair.

I'm all for helping people who need help. Someone who couldn't remember to buy a ticket for 70+ days in a row is not someone who NEEDS help. I'd rather share my space (for free) with my neighbors whose tent is too big or whatever. Or a friend who is down on their luck. I don't feel an obligation or desire to cram every square inch of my tent with fuckups I've never met once in my life.

Phono has the right idea...find people who can spare it and offer them something for their trouble. I have no problem with him/her. But I'm going to get sick of all the irresponsible jackasses wandering through the campground with a backpack begging for a patch of grass. I'm REALLY interested to see what percentage of the spaces wind up with cars in them. I bet 90% of the no-car people are coming in sans ticket.

Yes, exactly Sparks. Even if someone did offer me and my friends to stay on their space for free, I would still compensate them. I doubt many people would turn down four Hamilton's staring them in the face. Plus we'd be willing to share/provide anything they forgot to bring.

My entire being there would be owed to them. I'd make sure he/she/they realize that.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I'm all for helping people who need help. Someone who couldn't remember to buy a ticket for 70+ days in a row is not someone who NEEDS help. I'd rather share my space (for free) with my neighbors whose tent is too big or whatever..
    Glad you mentioned this....cause my tents too big...and I have a truck....I am solo though!! Ill be looking for you!! Save me a wee bit o space...PLEASE!

How about 10x30 pixels?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by phonographer View Post
    Even if someone did offer me and my friends to stay on their space for free, I would still compensate them. I doubt many people would turn down four Hamilton's staring them in the face.
    Hamiltons? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    How about 10x30 pixels?
    Maybe if I was this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by muzikrazed View Post
    Hamiltons? hehe
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010