Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Band Breakup/Reunion Rumors Thread

Default Re: The Band Breakup/Reunion Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    White Stripes
    I'm not saying their break up is less important then MCR simply because I agree with you it's not. The only thing is that Jack White being in other bands and a solo album that it makes The White Stripes break out not seem as such as a big deal because lets face it Jack White was/is The White Stripes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

What about when blink-182 broke up klein? I actually remember everyone that had fond memories of them being upset when that happened. Or does it not count since they got back together. I don't see anyone except you being actually upset/bummed/caring that MCR is gone, and we're the age to look back at their high point in nostalgia if there was one. Seems like the case of making something you care personally about a bigger deal, though I am sorry something you cared about is no more. Thats a bummer. At least they basically put an album out this year through EPs, right?

Well to go back to what I said originally. I said since Oasis, but search on twitter and then you'll see how many people care.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I still cry about White Zombie's breakup. I feel your pain, Klein
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I still cry about White Zombie's breakup. I feel your pain, Klein
    QFT
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Dude, White Zombie was SO much better than MCR. And I liked MCR. They never put out a La Sexorcisto.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

The only other time we ever played in Sioux Falls was in the mid ’90s when we were on tour with Nine Inch Nails. After the show, I watched the cast and crew of NIN do, oh, I’d say $30,000 worth of damage to a brand new arena dressing room. It sounds a lot crazier than it really was, and I wish I could write out the sound of shrugging. Like if you asked me, was I involved in the smashing of a brand new arena dressing room I could go, “Eh [shrug], I guess so.” I fortunately got all of that adolescent vandal behavior out of my system when I was still a teenager.
    At my age, smashing the shit out of large objects just doesn’t have the appeal it did for me when I was young. Back then I used to crave destruction like it was sex. I think the only time that kind of hell-raising really works is when you’re young and stupid.
    These NIN guys were all younger than me so maybe it was still a turn-on for them and the only explanation I can think of for behavior such as this is that they must have been brought up as heavily sheltered idiots with helicoptering parents who were up their ass about every minute detail of their stupid little lives during what I would imagine to be an extremely boring childhood in some middle America shit hole.
    Now unfortunately, as adults, they need to smash the shit out of a wide variety of hotel and dressing rooms and do tons of drugs along the way just to forget that what they really should have done as teenagers was simply kill their overbearing parents….Be that as it may, I can still think of better ways to blow 30 grand.
    This was NIN’s Downward Spiral tour, which ended up being the bands zenith, meaning it was their biggest and most interesting album along with the biggest and most semi-interesting point in their career. I honestly didn’t know much about NIN before this tour.
    I mean I knew they were popular with the MTV baby rock crowd and that they had sold a lot of records but I had never actually listened to one of them. Why would I? I usually have no interest in checking out what sort of bands the baby rockers dig. This is as a result of almost always hating whatever bands the baby rockers dig.
    That’s not hard to do. The baby rockers are wrong. Wrong about everything actually.
    I had seen the NIN video they had out then that looked like a total burn of a Joel-Peter Witkin photo. The video was OK, I guess, and surprisingly enough the chorus to this baby rocker hit was “I want to fuck you like an animal,” which I couldn’t get my head around because the music that goes along with this “fuck-you-like-an-animal” sex boast sounds like weak, elevator music synth crap and would by no means lead you to believe the singer is capable of doing anything “like an animal.” I suppose he could get fucked like an animal, but that’s not what he’s saying.
    I suppose he could be writing in the “third person,” but I ain’t buying that either.
    Anyway, they were pretty good live for a band like this, but I do remember the drummer telling me that they probably couldn’t even do a live show without backing tapes running pretty much the whole show. Whatever. At least NIN and their heavy-duty arena crew were nice to us and that whole tour, despite the rock and roll posturing horseshit was a cake walk compared to the next band we did a big wheel “arena” tour with, which was White Zombie…
    Easily the worst touring experience of my entire life was the White Zombie tour we did. I could write a whole book about that infernal bullshit. On the first day of the tour, the first person we met from the entire White Zombie cast and crew was a mullet headed road manager who ended up behaving like a mean version of Cotton Mather.
    He was a “professional” roadie. Now I have never met a group of people who hate music more than professional roadies, and it is clearly obvious that 99.9 percent of them know nothing at all about music. Nothing. I find this to be quite strange really. It’s like someone who works in a bakery knowing nothing about baking. Actually this also extends to most of the bands these guys work for as well, but I pretty much lump all of these bands and crew into one big sewage pit. It’s fitting.

Mr. Mullet told us straight up that he was going to see to it that we got fucked over every night PA-wise in order to not piss off his boss, the swollen White Zombie dictator Rob Zombie. And it just went from there. He openly told us that Rob acted a prick to him, and that’s how life on the road was going to go for us as well.
    Perfect. One insane thing after another every day for the whole tour. On one of the few times we actually got a soundcheck, Mr. Mullet came on stage and pulled the plug because Rob was eating and that we were to “shut the fuck up” because he didn’t like the “noise.”
    My instant thought was what the fuck is he eating, a Faberge Egg omelet? I’d been to their catering and it was the same swill they always serve at these horrid rock’n'roll extravaganzas which amounts to nothing more than disgusting macaroni and cheese type garbage and an assortment of what appears to be dead things in jelly.
    You’d think he’d want some kind of booming symphonic distraction to help disguise the fact that he’s eating a big plate of steaming dog shit. Or so you would think….
    And the idiocy didn’t stop there. Rob did this between song speech every night that consisted of unintelligible talking gibberish delivered in a “heavy metal” guttural grunt, and at some point he inevitably started saying “they said we couldn’t do it, they said it couldn’t be done.” Which I’m guessing is in reference to them surprisingly being able to peddle another million records to their highly gullible brainless fans. I’m not sure why he thought his dull minions needed to know this. Their entire thing was just dumb.
    Don’t get me wrong, it was all our fault for doing a stupid tour like that in the first place and I certainly can’t blame them for that. We accepted the offer! Big mistake on our part but we did learn our lesson as a result of that stupidity. I think it’s a bad idea for us to try to sell our band like that.
    Actually, we believed that then as well, but it was their idea to have us along and for some reason that remains a mystery to me, they paid us pretty well.
    But those days are over for us. Now, I would rather eat my own shit then do another tour with people who behave like that. Actually if not my own, then who’s shit would I eat? That’s a good question….
    -King
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Wow. Took me a bit of searching to find out that was the guy from the Melvins. Sounds like a shittier time than I would have expected... I always thought NIN concerts from the time looked amazing though.

My take on MCR breaking up: I don't care. I can't stand them. Sorry to the fans.

Same with Oasis. I wish I could have seen them live, but I don't have any personal connection with them. I do however lament REM and The White Stripes. It's a good point that TWS breaking up was lessened greatly by the fact that they are effectively Jack White. REM however... Another band I'll never get to see, very sad.

How about some positive breakups? That Jet breakup post always cracks me up. Link
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

I mean your argument is wrong. Their music isn't spectacular, but pretty much everyone that listens to modern rock knows who they are. They've gone on massive tours and changed the "emo" scene.
    I never said no one knows who they are, read my post again. I merely said that aside from that one album, and the single from the album after, no one (not even the average KROQ listener, who btw, I *was* back in '04-'05) has heard much from them since. Because, as not good as they once were, the stuff that followed was even worse. Sure, people knew who they were, I'm not arguing that, but saying they were relevant for the past decade is grossly exaggerating the fact.

Well to go back to what I said originally. I said since Oasis, but search on twitter and then you'll see how many people care.
    The number of people who care about something is never a valid indicator of quality.

Example:

10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)
    10/12 - IAMX - Complex
    10/13 - Oren Ambarchi - Jewels Catch One

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Is Bon Jovi really the right band to bring into this scenario? I mean, ... I don't even know anymore. ugh. MCR. TWS. White Zombie. Blink182. im drunk and have become confused as to whether or not this is just a 90's nostalgia appreciation thread or if we are actually concerned/care about a shitty band from the mid 2000's breaking up. fuck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    im drunk and have become confused as to whether or not this is just a 90's nostalgia appreciation thread or if we are actually concerned/care about a shitty band from the mid 2000's breaking up. fuck it.
    Aside from one person, no one is concerned/cares about the breakup.
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)
    10/12 - IAMX - Complex
    10/13 - Oren Ambarchi - Jewels Catch One

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Takeaway: White Zombie ruled, fuck Bon Jovi, MCR is no more.

My wife would fuck Bon Jovi, I'm pretty sure.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Daniel Blumberg is no longer in Yuck. Dammit.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...niel-blumberg/
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

what a bummer.

Why don't they just change their name. He wasn't a great live singer but great on record
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Banned

I AM Coachella on FB

Lol at the cloud
    STP

Well, I got to see them. And I really did love that band, haters be damned.

Well STP are still going without Scott Weiland... They had Chester Bennington from Linkin Park sing with them tonight. It was as good as you'd expect...

What's sad is this is the best "STP" song probably since the release of Number 4. Not great, but I kinda dig this. If they changed their name I'd be happier.

I brought myself to watching this and as an avid fan for many years, he actually did better than I expected. Respect.

yeah, STP requires Scott Weiland, but the DeLeo brothers can write some damn good music.

I personally thought Chester sounded like shit trying to fill in. If they are really trying to drag this on they should change their name.

C'mon Klein, listen to Coma or Regeneration from Shangri-la. Those tracks are phenomenal.

Also, I thought Chester did well in place of Scott. I was a huge STP fan, and would be fine if they continued on as STP with Chester.

I'm with you bmack, the Deleos are fantastic writers, although STPs latest effort was shit. I really enjoyed Army of Anyone, too.

To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

Maybe now the new Pixies album will come out.

Kim Shattuck from the Muffs will most likely be replacing her.
    10/12/14 Gerard Way - the Fillmore
    11/07/14 The Matches - Slim's
    11/08/14 The Matches - Slim's
    11/09/14 Julian Casablancas + the Voidz - Regency Ballroom
    11/17/14 Bastille - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    11/23/14 Sky Ferreira - the Independent

Its nice to know there will always be a spot for her if she decides to come back. Still a sad day though.